Sign in to follow this  
GKTECH

RB25/Z32 to SR replacement bell housings - Progress to the final production

Our Z32/RB25 to SR20 gearbox bell housings are a step closer with our billet prototype almost finished.

Here's what 300kg's of 6061-T6 aluminium looks like:

487084_426606757388247_1084926730_n.jpg

Expected price of $999 for production version which will be high pressure cast aluminium.

ETA of 12 weeks if all goes to plan with the fitment of the prototype.

To keep up to date with all of our latest projects, check out our facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/gktech

Greg

Greg,

Obviously we will still require a tailshaft, but does this remove the need for flywheel spacers, and a dog leg shifter?

still going to need a dog leg shifter because the box is shorter

Correct, one is in the making (similar to Nismo R34)

More photos please

More to come soon :)

will we need a rb25 or sr20 clutch? mines about to die, dont wanna run out and buy an sr20 clutch if this needs rb25

So what other parts will be required for conversion on s15.

Rb 25 box, custom tails haft, gb mount, new dog leg shifter. Anything else?

Do you know how far the shifter going to seat from the stock position? Will I still be able to use stock plastic and other trim bits?

Basically I'm just trying to compare pros/cons with say AlphaOmega conversion kit for example.

Edited by ru55kj

So what other parts will be required for conversion on s15.

Rb 25 box, custom tails haft, gb mount, new dog leg shifter. Anything else?

Do you know how far the shifter going to seat from the stock position? Will I still be able to use stock plastic and other trim bits?

Basically I'm just trying to compare pros/cons with say Alpha Omega conversion kit for example.

What you've listed is about it however you can use either the Z32 or RB25 gearbox with our bell housing.

I'll be fitting the prototype into my S15 in a few weeks (I leave for SEMA next Tuesday) and then I'll be able to comment on the shifter location then but as it's essentially an RB25/Z32 bell housing with an SR20 bolt pattern it's going to sit in the same position as is any other kit that isn't using a flywheel spacer.

We're working on a shifter relocator at this stage for the RB25 box however it won't be ready before the bell housings. We've also finished the shifter relocator for the Z32 box also.

What's happening with this bell housing for the s15? Is it in production yet? I don't see any information on the gktech website about it.

We will only be getting these into production if we get a solid 40 people interested as the cost is 60k to move forward with these.

For all updatess we are currently using our Facebook account (www.facebook.com/gktech)

The latest update can be seen here:

Bumping this thread up as greg has been posting this on FB and instagram....... s chassis owners need this.... come on gkteh make these already !! :)

Bumping this thread up as greg has been posting this on FB and instagram....... s chassis owners need this.... come on gkteh make these already !! :)

Apparently he needs 100 people to make it even worth producing

Sign in to follow this