Sign in to follow this  
Bennybear

I'm back Girlfriends

Had made a decision a little while back to put riding on hold for a while; the little 09' CB400 I had parked in the garage just wasn't cutting it on the inspiration front.

Finally put it up for sale and it sold within 48hrs of the listing going live - logical considering it had traveled less than 4000kms!

I was driving past a couple of bike stores last weekend and decided to poke around...

Long story short, I took the new Triumph Speed Triple for a test ride and was blown away by the amount of balls it had tucked away in that beautiful engine

Shorter again, I now have 1050cc's of shiny new Speed Triple (phantom black) sitting in my garage!

Had it's first run up the old pacific hwy on Sunday, has phenomenal torque, so much so that I barely made it out of 3rd!

Pic is from google but is identical to mine (ex exhaust). Up for immediate consideration is a set of cans; tossing up whether to keep the high mount look (Akrapovic pic) or go for a low-boy setup (Leo Vince pic).

Supposedly the low mount shifts some of the weight and creates a more neutral steering feel but I think this is probably subjective; The Akrapovic system sounds amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkXuHF53KYY

2011_triumph_speed_triple_03.jpg

29 09 2012 Speed Tiple (23).jpg

SpeedTrip2011 LV Slipon_2.jpg

Edited by Bennybear

Couple of pics (front cowl & bellypan on order)

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

I can't wait to stick an exhaust on it

awesome bike.. I am still trying to get used to the non circular headlights on the 11/12 models

awesome bike.. I am still trying to get used to the non circular headlights on the 11/12 models

I felt the same until I spent some time with it up close; the circular lights were iconic.

Belly pan kit came in today, will post a few more photos when the cowl is in and installed