Sign in to follow this  
addictedtoboost

180sx, FINALLY back on the road.

i have a oil pressure guage on all of my vehicles. Is handy to watch. specially when you start it up, you know when its safe to drive off once your oil pressure is up.

When my car is back on the road... I'm going to have to steal some inspiration from Primal Garage! Can not get enough of YAX 11T, that 180 is freakin amazing! :drool:

Has anyone bought a motor from a wrecker (Grand Auto etc.) and had a good experience? Planning on buying one and rebuilding one of the fuarked motors slowly over a longer period of time! Need this damn thing back on the road!

Very clean 180 buddy, haven't seen such a fine example!

Did you approach the guy you brought the dud motor from? What a PRICK! :hammer:

Has anyone bought a motor from a wrecker (Grand Auto etc.) and had a good experience? Planning on buying one and rebuilding one of the fuarked motors slowly over a longer period of time! Need this damn thing back on the road!

I bought a sr20de through Grand Auto for $900. They installed it and gave me a 2yr guarantee, so yes a good experience with them :)

I had Niswreck supply and install an s14 SR20DET into my 180 after my DE shagged itself. Still going Strong 3 years on with 14psi and 190rwkw.

he/we can install it fine so he definitely wont pay anyone to do it lol we just needa find an engine that actually works.

what was the s14 engine worth? 2k?

Edited by sean133

sold mine for $1600 dont pay more than $1800 unless its from a wreckers

Wreckers are asking 2,200 for a Blacktop and 800 to install... so screw getting them to install it :thumbsup: I gave the guy a call and he basically told me to get f**ked and blarted out all of this shit about his Auntie being high up in the Police force. He will get whats coming to him, Karma is a bitch ^_^ Cheers for all the feedback!

he/we can install it fine so he definitely wont pay anyone to do it lol we just needa find an engine that actually works.

what was the s14 engine worth? 2k?

Mine was a crap load more than that. (but that was 4 and a half years ago now....wow times gone quick). I needed the whole kit and caboodle ie: motor, turbo, loom, ecu, g/box, radiator, got a new clutch, fmic, pod, fuel pump, MBC, full exhaust, auto elec to re wire it all up. But was worth every cent with how it drives now.

But in terms of experience, my engine/turbo from a wrecker has run 14psi for 4 years now and is still going fine.

I got a blacktop s13/180 long motor from Grand Auto was mint motor paid $1800 (trade hook ups)

although it was couple years ago so should be able to get one for similar from them if you slam cash on the table

there motor's I think come from cars already here and wrecked rather than from Japland so should be less likely to get a dud

swap all your bits onto it and fit it yourself it really not hard

Edited by 1400R

That is what I did with tho motor I bought privately. I just a long motor off of gumtree, swapped all of my stuff over and dropped it in, and that is what I plan to do this time aswell :)

Hopefully I can get an alright price, pretty strapped for cash at the moment! :doh:

Don't need a turbo, got a mint T25 which will be replaced with a T28 once all of this crap is sorted out! :quagmire:

List of things slowing down the fixing process:

Firstly, I'm lazy as f**k.

Secondly, lack of moneyz.

Thirdly, borrowed a heap of parts to a defected mate.

Yeah. I'll post up the next move I make... some day :P