Sign in to follow this  
sid280

Ban on high powered magnets

I posted this on Facebook and buddy informed me that he uses neodymium magnets at his job. He said that they are really quite expensive but insanely strong not really designed for public use. But still do we really need this law?

why aren't they for public use? I have a bunch of them

He didn't specifically say they weren't for public use. He just gave that impression that due to their high strength they served more industrial purposes than consumer purposes. I mean what do you really need with a super magnet?

But again he didn't say they weren't for public use just that they were very expensive and insanly strong.

This shits me to tears.. We have a retarded culture of just banning anything which may be a problem

This shits me to tears.. We have a retarded culture of just banning anything which may be a problem to those with the mentality of a 18 month old.

:thumbsup:

Why can't we ban physicians from removing magnets from idiots.

Let the dickheads suffer the consequences, not everyone else. Not that I have any vested interest in this particular item.

He didn't specifically say they weren't for public use. He just gave that impression that due to their high strength they served more industrial purposes than consumer purposes. I mean what do you really need with a super magnet?

But again he didn't say they weren't for public use just that they were very expensive and insanly strong.

a lot of people put one on the oil filter and one on the bottom of the gearbox to attract the swarf. i use them to temporarily attach cables to my verandah. one magnet on the verandah roof, one metal bracket on the underside of the roof, cable for bug zapper is good for the night. i also have another to help with a cat toy. the toy was originally two magnets, one goes on top of the desk (with a handle) the other goes on the underside of the desk (with dangly things), move the top one around and the bottom one moves as well so the cat can swat it. unfortunately the magnets it comes with doesn't quite reach through a desk any thicker than say 1 cm, so stronger magnets fix that :) i use that one for when i drop metal things that roll under chairs/beds/etc as well.

High powered lasers I can understand, butterfly knives I can understand, but really f**king magnets.

Whose swallowing these magnets kids or adults ?

Edited by -cj

kids apparently. 13 cases i think it said? out of 22 million people, there's only 13 delinquent parents apparently....

personally, i think we need more magnets...

Arguably 26 delinquent parents haha I'm pretty sure there has been at least 13 kids killed by peanuts due to their allergys. We should ban them shits too dangerous!

assuming bazza hasn't already left shazza by time the magnets have been swallowed :lol:

I think the Illuminati are behind it. Why else would banning high powered magnets make sense, they must be up to something.

Edited by ChiefStudly

If you have an old electricity meter, you can place the magnet on the glass to get the metal wheel to stop spinning or slow down. apparently....

just remember to remove it before the people come to read the meter or have it locked when magnet is on...

other than this, I have no idea why these would be banned

This seems appropriate here

Humans Are Getting Dumber And Dumber, Says Stanford Researcher Gerald Crabtree

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/13/humans-getting-dumber-stanford-study_n_2121823.html

and the actual study http://bmi205.stanford.edu/_media/crabtree-2.pdf

The short version: The human race is getting stupider because natural selection is not being allowed to take place in modern society.

I saw a TED talk that said we're getting something like 10 iq points smarter on average per 3 years? (actual figures could be completely different, but i know there was a 10 and a 3 involved and the overall results was "smarter" :lol: )

Edited by pyro

Neodymium magnets made my bass amp weight 30KG instead of 80.

I like Neodymium Magnets.

Magnets.

Magnets?

Magnets.

High powered lasers I can understand, butterfly knives I can understand, but really f**king magnets.

really? because i can't.

^^

+1

I really can't see how a butterlfy knife is really any more dangerous than something like a kitchen knife or a pocket knife/leatherman etc.

Any of these will kill you just as dead.

Edited by sweepa

^^

+1

I really can't see how a butterlfy knife is really any more dangerous than something like a kitchen knife or a pocket knife/leatherman etc.

Any of these will kill you just as dead.

other than being more dangerous to the person using it because they may chop their fingers by opening/closing it incorrectly.. thats right.

It makes absolutely no sense.

But hey.. this is Australia.. ya herd

really? because i can't.

Butterfly knives have no other use than being a weapon, but they are fun haha

really? because i can't.

Butterfly knives have no other use than being a weapon, but they are fun haha

?? It's just another style of knife. There are plenty others like it.

Would you say the same about knives with a recess that you pull out? ie: folding knives.

Smith+%26+Wesson+Tactical+Folder.JPG

Just because YOU may use it as a weapon, does not mean it is one.

You don't use a butterfly knife for hunting fishing cooking where as other knives have legit uses like that there isn't a legitimate use or reason to have a butterfly knife

Also carrying a knife like that(over like 3 inch blade) without a reason ect I'm pretty sure is illegal

got my N52 utility magnet a couple of days ago. Thing is pretty sweet for picking up steel stud work through gyprock and feeding to children. fark da police

I think I am going to go out and buy a shit load of magnets now. just because I can

You don't use a butterfly knife for hunting fishing cooking where as other knives have legit uses like that there isn't a legitimate use or reason to have a butterfly knife

I've been fishing with my butterfly knife.

i want a butterfly knife where the blade is made out of magnets and the handle is made out of peanuts

i want a butterfly knife where the blade is made out of magnets and the handle is made out of peanuts

That would be cool, I would buy one of those bad boys, magnets are badass

you can. the main point is there isn't a legitimate reason to ban them. simply saying they can be used as a weapon is not enough. if that were the case then hands and feet etc etc would also be illegal