Sign in to follow this  
goks_s14

All diff EXPERTS help please !

Hey goks, sorry if I am going over old ground here and or you have already tried this, and I am not sure what type of ecu you are running but have you tried disconnecting the battery completely and then hit the brakes/turn on lights etc to dissipate any charge left in the system. Then reconnect battery and take it for a test.

Only reason I say this is my car developed a weird lumpy idle about a week after my nistune install and it was totally random. Checked all the obvious things and all seemed ok then did the ecu disconnect thing and has been fine since. Good luck.

was wanting to say this but i thought you'd have eliminated this already given your demonstrated knowledge thus far.

this sounds like a good bet, as the ECU would take time to adjust to the new AFM, if it does at all (would take a few weeks)

best of luck with it!

No buddy i havnt done it tho im going to do it first thing tomoro morning as im free from now on no more tafe

So after i disconnect the battery i switch thr lights on and give then brakes a push after that should i hook the battery up straight away? Or should it wait a bit ? Stupid question but im curious because i want to get rid of this

And thank you to yous all for all the help i really appeeciate it

Hey mate, yep just turn things on wait a sec then off, you may even want to bring the key to the "On" position then back to "Off" before reconnecting the battery. Just to try and make sure there is no residual charge to the ECU. Charge should dissipate over time as well but who wants to wait.

Sorry i accidently deleted the other post lol

Sorry people just been a bit busy tried it on friday morning did exactly as you'd said and i cleaned the afm with mass air flow cleaner and nothing still the same still stutters when cruiseing

So now im thinking:

Injectors

Coilpacks

And other then that i have no idea im going insane

Bring it over to mine.

Take me for a drive so i can feel it. Then we can swap some parts to start eliminating faults.

help!!!!!

Hey goks, well worth a try. This member is offering help.

Bring it over to mine.

Take me for a drive so i can feel it. Then we can swap some parts to start eliminating faults.

help!!!!!

Hey goks, well worth a try. This member is offering help.

Oh yea :) i know we are going to meet up with richard but his a busy man :) and i work night time he works during the days thats the problem im going to check my coilpacks now see wat happens

Could do but it would have to be a big one. I'd just get a smoke test done like I did. I had a leak from my inlet manni and got it fixed along with all heater and radiator hoses. Runs a lot better now but never did anything like your describing

Could do but it would have to be a big one. I'd just get a smoke test done like I did. I had a leak from my inlet manni and got it fixed along with all heater and radiator hoses. Runs a lot better now but never did anything like your describing

ok ill look in to that smoke test where could i get it done and how much does it usually cost ? btw im going to try look for the vacuum leak with tb cleaner

ok ill look in to that smoke test where could i get it done and how much does it usually cost ? btw im going to try look for the vacuum leak with tb cleaner

All mechanics should do it. I just asked for him to do it with a pressure test after replacing all heater hoses and removing the manifold.

Vacuum leak won't do what your describing normally a rough/low idle and lean mix

If I was you 1st thing I'd do is change coil packs with someone or just buy new ones sounds 100% like its failing.

Ill give to you my left testy if it ain't 😱

All mechanics should do it. I just asked for him to do it with a pressure test after replacing all heater hoses and removing the manifold.

Vacuum leak won't do what your describing normally a rough/low idle and lean mix

If I was you 1st thing I'd do is change coil packs with someone or just buy new ones sounds 100% like its failing.

Ill give to you my left testy if it ain't

hahaha oright then lol just tonight we changed the o2 sensor with richard and it seems to idle very nice now but still studders while driving hm

i dont think its the coils because if it was wouldnt it allways do it even when im accelerating anyway firstly im going to try to fix this vac. leak then might give the coils a go

Ill give to you my left testy if it ain't

hahaha oright then lol just tonight we changed the o2 sensor with richard and it seems to idle very nice now but still studders while driving hm

i dont think its the coils because if it was wouldnt it allways do it even when im accelerating anyway firstly im going to try to fix this vac. leak then might give the coils a go

Gurks,

Next time we can try coil packs. I have 4 spare and 4 brand new. Remember i had concerns about your snapped coil pack bolt? I will bring home extraction tool from work, Wont hurt to try!

I think powertune have the smokie test machine. Like you know there are a lot of possible leak points, and a few that cant be seen without removing a whole heap of shit.

For me to describe your problem i would say. Car hesitates/studders with a slight throttle. I too have expeienced a similar issue, one tune i had used to studder/hesitate/jerk a little. This was also with slight throttle, i think it was the ecu changing between no boost and boost just coming on.

Ill give to you my left testy if it ain't ��

Gurks,

Next time we can try coil packs. I have 4 spare and 4 brand new. Remember i had concerns about your snapped coil pack bolt? I will bring home extraction tool from work, Wont hurt to try!

I think powertune have the smokie test machine. Like you know there are a lot of possible leak points, and a few that cant be seen without removing a whole heap of shit.

For me to describe your problem i would say. Car hesitates/studders with a slight throttle. I too have expeienced a similar issue, one tune i had used to studder/hesitate/jerk a little. This was also with slight throttle, i think it was the ecu changing between no boost and boost just coming on.

Yea bro lets give it a go when ever BTW car has been driving very good since last monday wen we changed the o2 sensor :) so im kind of happy lol

Hey man good to hear you made some progress! FYI after I did my o2 sensor recently I went from 380-400km from a tank to now easily achieving 470km to a tank without even trying. Same mods, same tune and the car seems to drive better as well. And I have seen 515km in full granny mode all city driving, but I did do the ECU reset thing after I installed the sensor as per my tuners instructions.

Good luck with the rest of it :thumb: let us know how it turn out.

Hey man good to hear you made some progress! FYI after I did my o2 sensor recently I went from 380-400km from a tank to now easily achieving 470km to a tank without even trying. Same mods, same tune and the car seems to drive better as well. And I have seen 515km in full granny mode all city driving, but I did do the ECU reset thing after I installed the sensor as per my tuners instructions.

Good luck with the rest of it :thumb: let us know how it turn out.

Hey thanks man yeah ive noticed my cars kind of better on fuel well ive only drove it for 100kms but still it looks like its a bit better i bought shell for the first time last week just before we changed the o2 sensor it did about 280km thats to the last quarter i dont like to empty out my tank but u get 500 wow man coz i dont allways thrash mine i allways grannie drive it just cruise it here to there btw with bp 98 i usually get 300-350 and ive heard thats good but now lets see how its is it idles so much better now and btw after fiddiling around with it for a couple of hours we taped up the vacum house on my fpr and now my vacuum is allways on 16

When i first got the car it idled rough/missfire but was on 16 vac then wen the stuttering got worst i noticed the vacum would drop to 12 and ever since we fiddled around with it its allways on 16 and its idleing beautifully :) i love driving it now coz it doesnt annoy me lol and if i get more km for fuel well im cheering hahahha owell im just happy for now sorry for making it so long lol

hey mate, these issues are a real pain in the ass. similar thing happened to my s14a not long ago, changed o2 sensor, AFM, coilpacks, resoldered coilpack loom, changed fuel pump and cleaned out the throttle body. all of these things helped smooth out the shudder and roughness but never eliminated it. eventually changed the coolant temp sensor and ever since car has not missed a beat. keep persisting dude and hope this helps ya out.

cheers

hey mate, these issues are a real pain in the ass. similar thing happened to my s14a not long ago, changed o2 sensor, AFM, coilpacks, resoldered coilpack loom, changed fuel pump and cleaned out the throttle body. all of these things helped smooth out the shudder and roughness but never eliminated it. eventually changed the coolant temp sensor and ever since car has not missed a beat. keep persisting dude and hope this helps ya out.

cheers

Hey mate thanx heaps really appreciated that well its been pretty good like i said drove it yesterday and it kind of did it but no wer near as before but still doesnt sumtimes but doesnt bother me that much but will look in to wat u said btw ive had a couple people say that to me before but didnt think it would be that how would that make it shudder ? Did your one do it when cruising? Well i read about vacuum leaks and the symptoms wer wat i had and ever since we fiddled around with it it vacuum is allways on 16 so i believed it was a small vacuum leak but i will try wat u said and give feedback asap

I'm not sure if S14's are the same as S15 in this area - but, check the hose connecting to the boost sensor unit that is usually found around the front right strut.

The hose on mine has gone crunchy and split so it wasn't completely sealed as it connects to the boost sensor. Replaced it with a new hose and all problems solved.