Sign in to follow this  
sid280

There is organic matter and water on Mercury!

Seriously.. The fact that any human being has thrown their hat into the religious lottery baffles me..

There's so many, which is the right one? If there is even one..

What if there is a God and all "He" wants to see is people believing in something higher than themselves?

Then when the varying religious people get to Heaven they are split into different teams based on their chosen belief and play quidditch.

What if we're all computer simulations?

What if men are actually women and women are actually plants?

What if there is no such thing as "space" and the ceiling of earth is merely a rotating painting?

What if everything tastes like chicken, but chicken tastes like fish?

While everyone's debating these stupid, meaningless topics. the Rothchilds of the world are making all of the money, the third world is becoming further separated from the first world, human rights are being violated pretty much everywhere, governments are stealing from their citizens, weapons manufacturers are (supposedly) orchestrating conflicts to initiate wars, etc. Lets instead pick something practical and meaningful (two things which the debate for religion isn't) and move along, shall we? Nobody really gives a shit about the argument of the other side anyway and religion doesn't hold the monopoly on "good" anyway.

Edited by pyro

What if what we know as 'life' is actually the Trueman Show?

I found a discarded scrap of paper on the side of the road today which said:

"this is the word of god, i wrote this down 2001 years ago and placed it here for you to see. You are Jesus and i am a perfect being made of spaghetti, all other religions are false"

As soon as i read it the paper burst into a cloud of dust and flew away.

Don't believe me? Then prove it didn't happen.

My book is older than yours, therefore mine is right, again, if you don't believe me the burden of proof lies with you my friend.

God: a being of greater power than anything else.

Big bang: something that could only be caused by something of greater power

'god' (not your traditional dude in white robes and beard) was what created the big bang. The big bang caused chain reactions to create life, people all through time had tried to write and pass on stories of creation and each nation claimed there story as correct, which due to the roman emporers has lead into Catholicism and other Christian religions as to being 'right'

Problem solved using a mix of religion and science, everybody wins.

God: a being of greater power than anything else.

Big bang: something that could only be caused by something of greater power

'god' (not your traditional dude in white robes and beard) was what created the big bang. The big bang caused chain reactions to create life, people all through time had tried to write and pass on stories of creation and each nation claimed there story as correct, which due to the roman emporers has lead into Catholicism and other Christian religions as to being 'right'

"the "big bang theory" is actually a theory of what happened AFTER the existence of the universe/singularity. It does not and never did say "first there was nothing then it exploded and big bang tadaa!"

"Nothing" literally nothing, as far as we know, does not exist, it might not even be possible to exist, if the concept of "nothing" is actually impossible, the idea of creation, in any sense, either by god or some physical laws, becomes non-sensical.

The big bang theory is a model of the early universe, not an explanation of how the universe was first "created" in any sense."

The better answer is

We don't know yet

Nothing does exist.. according to cosmologist Lawrence Krauss.

Before the big bang, there was nothing. And 'nothing' is extremely unstable.

Sweet. Should build a ship and send some Muslims/Christians over there to check it out.

Nothing does exist.. according to cosmologist Lawrence Krauss.

Before the big bang, there was nothing. And 'nothing' is extremely unstable.

I have to read his book, but from talks he's done he was talking about virtual particles in a vacuum. A vacuum is still something.

I think he's talking about how it's really f**king cool, and a possible explanation is that nthing is unstable, which I tend to agree with, but it's not been tested or proven, and is just all hypothesis at the moment.

Ah now I see where you're coming from.

I suppose without his exact knowledge, I'm not sure if I'll ever know what he means. He seems to do a pretty good job of explaining it, but I never got it in the context you have just elaborated on.

If its not farmers union iced coffee, it's nothing. So that means were all either nothing, or farmers union Iced coffee.. And I don't think I'm farmers union iced coffee

Edited by Johno333

if causality did not exist before the big bang it would be reasonable to believe that there was nothing.

if causality did not exist before the big bang it would be reasonable to believe that there was nothing.

Interesting point. If "nothing" were truly possible. Then in that "nothing" causality wouldn't exist, because causality is "something".

This is interesting and I need to take an opportunity to read this article when I get a chance. I would have thought Mercury's surface temperature would be too hot for water to exist?

This is interesting and I need to take an opportunity to read this article when I get a chance. I would have thought Mercury's surface temperature would be too hot for water to exist?

Mercury's axis is almost zero, so there are places inside deep craters on the poles that have never been touched by sunlight. At these points the temperature remains very cold.

The Jews put the organic matter and water on there to throw us off the trail of the illuminati.

This guy doesn't help evolution either

im-not-saying-that-it-was-aliens-but-it-was-aliens.jpg

so was watching this alien doco the other night and this dude comes on, instantly cracked up laughing remembering alll the meme's

all you damn gimps cant you just wait till you die? thats the only solid evidence man will ever get...

all you damn gimps cant you just wait till you die? thats the only solid evidence man will ever get...

And if we do live on after death, how can that evidence be 'solid'? ...

Then we'll just come back and haunt the living with the truth disguised as a lie masquerading as a truth hiding behind a facade of uncertain jibberish and further falsehood.

So religion is true? :lol:

thank god we have the intellectual giants in this thread to tell us there wasn't an old dude in the sky who created the world in 7 days a few thousand years ago. god forbid they used their energy debating someone who doesn't have the equivalent intellect of a strawberry.

these arguments are like out beating up the retard in primary school, sure it feels good but... well, actually i guess that's all that matters, please continue.

Or rather, they've been going at it officially for 2000 years and haven't really gotten much out of it except exuberant land control, people control and a Vatican full of riches.

What has everyone else received as a by-product of said religious system... not a lot, except a guilt-trip that's salvageable every Sunday.

thank god we have the intellectual giants in this thread to tell us there wasn't an old dude in the sky who created the world in 7 days a few thousand years ago. god forbid they used their energy debating someone who doesn't have the equivalent intellect of a strawberry.

these arguments are like out beating up the retard in primary school, sure it feels good but... well, actually i guess that's all that matters, please continue.

fry.jpg

Edited by IHAVEARODEO

badstrawberry2.jpg

Who was eating strawberries near you when you wrote this?

Who was eating strawberries near you when you wrote this?

i was masturbating with strawberry lube

The difference between science and religion is that if a scientist finds evidence to support religion he will change his theory, If a religious person finds evidence that contradicts his religion he will say god did it to test his faith.