Sign in to follow this  
GHOSTY

Simple road rules – why don’t people follow them?

...but I think truck drivers deserve a whole separate thread
Go ahead sport.

Too many whinging threads on ns already

Tell me about it :rolleyes:

There's a bloke in the Things That Annoy You Thread with 40-odd posts more than anyone else...

Yeah. That guy. What a *milkshake* :lol:

one time in the city there was a guy stopped at the traffic lights across the pedestrian crossing part, everyone looked pretty pissed about having to walk around him, till some legend jumped up and walked across their bonnet laugh.png

My housemate did this once, could have walked around it, but did a cong (parkour move) over it instead lol.

Simple road rules – why don’t people follow them?

People at work don't flush the toilet after taking a dump, so obeying the Road Rules and being courteous is a big ask.

Edited by pmod

Yeah. That guy. What a *milkshake* laugh.png

If I met him public, I'd punch him in the throat.

The merging thing is a whole thread to itself.

Nobody seems to know how to let a car in, and nobody seems to know how to actually merge.

Ideally, those merging should have right of way. Unfortunately, too many people just come to a dead stop, flick the blinker on, wait til there's a safe gap before entering the freeway, then gradually get up to the speed limit... or thereabouts.

That is more of a courtsey thing if you look at the rules on merging if there is a dotted line the merging traffic have to give way to the other lane. But if it just ends it is who ever is in front has right of way but nobody cares anyway as you get dicks that will go out of the lane they are in and slip up the merging lane to skip 1 or two cars if i see anyone do that i refuse to let them in

If I'm in the left lane and spot someone in the mirror trying to scoot down the break-down lane, I'll fake a last-minute attempt to do the same.

I won't let anyone in that trundles right down to the very end of the merging lane either. You should've picked the car your going to merging front of or behind by now, and adjusted your speed accordingly.

PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY ARE OR WHERE THEY ARE GOING! like tourists walking down the street! They think its perfectly acceptable to slam on the brakes and sit in the lane until they figure out what street they are at! THEN they either slowly move to the next street and repeat the process, merge without looking in to the opposite lane and cut people off to turn right or like last night cross the striped lines in to the turning lane and cut off the person who had already entered that turning lane half a km ago!!!!!

Also people who use the fast lane on the freeway then only give them self 1 exit to move 4 lanes across to exit where they want!

If I'm in the left lane and spot someone in the mirror trying to scoot down the break-down lane, I'll fake a last-minute attempt to do the same.

I won't let anyone in that trundles right down to the very end of the merging lane either. You should've picked the car your going to merging front of or behind by now, and adjusted your speed accordingly.

1: that's a shitty act to fake a change... and I respect it! :thumbs: lol

2: I'm guilty of the 2nd part but only at stop lights when the guy at the front of the line is doing 35km and daydreaming. Slide down the left lane and cut him off before the parked cars. Then a couple of break checks will wake him up... Or at least piss him off!

Yeah. That guy. What a *milkshake* :lol:

If I met him public, I'd punch him in the throat.

you and me both! but mine would be more like a slow punch. a tickle if you will... a sexual tickle....

Road Rules are for pussies

The reason pedestrians cross in front of cars is because they are stupid and stubborn, for some reason they think they will win a war against the mighty car. I beep the horn or rev my engine if they do it, or just start creeping towards them and they hurry up.

PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY ARE OR WHERE THEY ARE GOING! like tourists walking down the street! They think its perfectly acceptable to slam on the brakes and sit in the lane until they figure out what street they are at! THEN they either slowly move to the next street and repeat the process, merge without looking in to the opposite lane and cut people off to turn right or cross the striped lines in to the turning lane and cut off the person who had already entered that turning lane half a km ago!!!!!

You just described every taxi driver

Edited by GHOSTY

I hate most drivers everywhere. Dumbf**ks. Chances are I've probably come across some of you, and called you a dumbf**k, because you don't know how to drive but think you do.

Courtesy and common sense. Do you really need anything else? No.

But no-one in this world has any common sense, and no one gives a f**k about courtesy.. so it's a f**king lose-lose situation in Australia.

Road Rules are for pussies

The reason pedestrians cross in front of cars is because they are stupid and stubborn, for some reason they think they will win a war against the mighty car. I beep the horn or rev my engine if they do it, or just start creeping towards them and they hurry up.

I will never understand the pedestrian / cyclist mentality... If I, the motorist, hit them as a result of their stupidity and stubborness, I dont think I will be the one getting carted away in an ambulance.

1400kg Vs Pedestrian... Doesnt take a card counting special person to work it out.

The result is the same no matter who's at fault.

Edited by pernie_a

PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY ARE OR WHERE THEY ARE GOING! like tourists walking down the street! They think its perfectly acceptable to slam on the brakes and sit in the lane until they figure out what street they are at! THEN they either slowly move to the next street and repeat the process, merge without looking in to the opposite lane and cut people off to turn right or cross the striped lines in to the turning lane and cut off the person who had already entered that turning lane half a km ago!!!!!

You just described every taxi driver

... Fair call! :lol:

Edited by Rifleman

Driving through Fortitude Valley in Brisbane, the amount of dero *enchilada's* who look like they just got off the bus from prison and think they can walk in the middle of the road, and then go agro when they nearly get hit by cars, is amusing.

On the weekend I saw this stereosonic crew nearly get taken out for trying to cross a busy road when the traffic lights were green, what planet are these people on? Rhetorical question, the answer is planet #YOLO

Edited by GHOSTY

The merging thing is a whole thread to itself.

Nobody seems to know how to let a car in, and nobody seems to know how to actually merge.

Ideally, those merging should have right of way. Unfortunately, too many people just come to a dead stop, flick the blinker on, wait til there's a safe gap before entering the freeway, then gradually get up to the speed limit... or thereabouts.

That is more of a courtsey thing if you look at the rules on merging if there is a dotted line the merging traffic have to give way to the other lane. But if it just ends it is who ever is in front has right of way but nobody cares anyway as you get dicks that will go out of the lane they are in and slip up the merging lane to skip 1 or two cars if i see anyone do that i refuse to let them in

This is a big problem with merging and f**ks with the flow of traffic constantly. Merging lanes 9/10 times is what causes heavy, stop start traffic.

The rule is that whoever is in front, if they put their blinker on to merge you must let them in. But you're right, what about those *milkshakes* who drive up a banked line of traffic then try and merge in at the last second?

if you're afraid to ride next to trucks, or take the split second required to pass them safely, sit in the lane behind them rather than turning 1 slow moving lane into two because you are chicken shit.

if you're afraid to ride next to trucks, or take the split second required to pass them safely, sit in the lane behind them rather than turning 1 slow moving lane into two because you are chicken shit.

I'm assuming they are the same people who refuse to pull over and let you pass on a single lane road while they hover around 30-40k under the limit. Not at a steady pace either mind you, on/off the gas at every opportunity with a side order of riding the brakes. Yet SWAT are over at my house disrespecting my family.

I dont get why youd change lanes if A) theres no slowpokes in front of you or B) you're not about to take an off ramp or exit onto a sidestreet. WHY?

I also dont get it when people just activate their taillights. not braking, not really slowing down at all - they just put enough pressure on the pedal to get the lights on. WHY?

people slowing way the f**k down to make a turn as well.

a lot of these things just come back to people either being under-confident in their skills, uninterested in driving or just scared. all of those symptoms of things you shouldnt be if you want to be a safe, good driver.

I'm assuming they are the same people who refuse to pull over and let you pass on a single lane road while they hover around 30-40k under the limit. Not at a steady pace either mind you, on/off the gas at every opportunity with a side order of riding the brakes. Yet SWAT are over at my house disrespecting my family.

I won't have a problem overtaking in my hyundai when I throw about 10g's into it, or more, if I have to.

• Pedestrians not crossing at marked crossings, and only when the green walk sign is on

lol

i cross wherever i want

i dont disrupt that traffic though

what about the people that sit 20ks or more under the limit when you cant overtake but as soon as you are able the speed up to 10 to 20ks over the limit. :rant: also with the merging why don't cars in the slow lane move into the fast lane if they are able to allow the merging cars in then return to the slow lane afterwards

That's what I do.

Essentially, if you're going to meet them at the point at where they're going to run into you, move over, or back off and let them in.

OH MY GOD, f**kers that SLOW DOWN when merging. jesus.

you are better off matching or going faster than the motorway you are merging into. its easier for most cars to slow down than it is to speed up. stop being a f**king sook about it.

• Pedestrians not crossing at marked crossings, and only when the green walk sign is on

lol

i cross wherever i want

i dont disrupt that traffic though

I have no issue with people who can cross a road without causing grief to others, but the lowbreeds who think they have right of way when J-walking can go eat a dick

General road positioning is pretty poor around my parts, Most people don't move towards the centreline when turning right to allow others past, they just hog the whole fking road.

Also indicating at roundabouts, no-one has a clue.

I've followed a cop through 6 consecutive roundabouts and never saw an indicator once. What hope is there for everyone else?

General road positioning is pretty poor around my parts, Most people don't move towards the centreline when turning right to allow others past, they just hog the whole fking road.

Also indicating at roundabouts, no-one has a clue.

I've followed a cop through 6 consecutive roundabouts and never saw an indicator once. What hope is there for everyone else?

Was he going straight through it?

I hate motorcyclists , I had one trap him self between my truck and another truck in sydney , he came up at the lights in the middle and just went straight through , unfortunately his handle bar hit some thing on the truck and wedged him in there fairly tight lol . as for merging If i see any one comming up that left lane when they should have mereged I just move the truck to half and half and not let any one in .

for those who sit under the speed limit on single lanes and speed up on double lanes , I got that worked out after a while , I usually hang right back and then when I know I have some room I speed up to a 100 and I keep flashing the high beam and pulling on the air horn .......they get scared and get out of my way , problem fixed :)

as for general road rules I have travelled all of this land for alot of years and have seen some horrible drivers of all ages and race , the worse by far and the most scariest are Female P platers ...and 4WD's with families in them , these people have some serious issues . ive seen first hand when a family in a 4WD killed not only them selves but a very good friend of mine as well . people honestly need a good wake up call to what they are doing on the road

we are ALL guilty of bad driving from time to time , but the Police just wont uphold simple road rules like tail gateing , no indercator , slow drivers failing to let drivers merge . Instead society just wonders along on there path of busy life styles , and in there own little world with most ( with out care ) but there are alot of times I have come across car clubs , import drivers who with out hesitation drive better than most .

any one in a Holden , Ford Ute or Sedan automatically gets a license upgrade to drive like a wanker !! ............they are by FAR the biggest arrogant bunch of people I have ever seen drive a car . if I ever see people drive with there head up there arse , I recomend they go buy one of those cars , because its obvious that it must have custom seats for them to be able to see over the steering wheel while having there head stuck in there rectum

end rant

Edited by just_learning_import