Sign in to follow this  
Mike-s13silvia

new to the page. wanting info on sr20det engine conversion for s13

hey peeps. so im new to the page. i recently bought an s13 which has had an engine swap from ca18det to sr20det. the guy i bought it off had not finished the wiring part of the conversion so im trying to figure it out now. so iv bought the new engine loom and sr parts needed and have connected up the loom near the headlight. now i still have no power to the essentials. ecu is getting power but when turning key to start theres no power to starter to crank it, no power to fuel pump, injectors no pulse to coils. nothing. iv been trying to find info on it for the past week but not having much luck. any info would be good. i wana make sure i have done it correct

Did you conect the 2 looms together? There is a loom for the starter alternator and theres a loom for everything else. When looking into the engine bay there is 3 plugs to the right of the bay behind the headlight. Check there connected and have a pulse.

And the last thing is check under the dash under steering wheel he hasnt cut any cables. Besides all that i couldnt diagnos the problem without playing with it

alrighty. ill check them tonight. definitely have connected the ones near the headlight but ill double check under the key barrel. ill take some pics of what i have done and put them up :) also theres 2 wires on the ca loom that dont mach up with the sr loom. one is a purple wire but i cant remember the colour of the other. ill confirm it when i get back

the 2 wires are located near the headlight. they are on the ca loom. i still havent had time to go out and work on my silvia yet but hopefully will head out there friday arvo and try make some progress on it.

when i did mine from sr20de to det i had cranking probs at cold starts be the guys at 4sn mores helped me out

Finally got it sorted out and running. Worked out that all the wires near the headlight were correct but the guy I bought it off messed around with the loom near the main fuse box so had to re wire a few things. But after working that out I re wired and works fine now :)

Mate i had the same issues when i had my s13 and i ripped out the c18de...except i put a 1jz in it. I dont have the answers your after although i can simpathyse with you fraustrations