Sign in to follow this  
L3THAL

No spark or injector pulse. Microtech LT10

I have myself an S14a, basic mods such as Tomei turbo, 1000cc injectors, 264 cams etc.

I got a Microtech with a running tune for the same mods from a friend and wired it has half piggy back half stand alone if that makes sense.

The ignition and injector wires were cut from the standard ecu and connected directly to the Microtech.

The power, ground, water temp, throttle position and 'crank 1 & 2' were spliced into the original ecu's wires.

The car cranks but the orange light on the Microtech won't flash when it does.

Checked both spark and injector pulse and have nothing.

Any help or advice is appreciated !

Cheers

I'd go back over your wiring and diagrams, sounds really messy. I've never worked with Microtechs so can't give you any advice on them, if it was running on your mates car I'd be asking him about it.

Sometimes it is easier to install the new ecu in piggyback, so you can retain the standard cluster, AC controls etc.

Everything related to the engine operation; Ignition, Fuel Pump, Injectors etc. all gets wired into the new ecu, but stuff like the RPM signal will get sent to both.

OT - I have no idea what the issue could be. Hopefully it is something simple (CAS Wiring?). Sorry dude. :(

Edited by normality

Ended up making leads to run from the Microtech to just before the plug on the CAS. Spliced the supply, ground and crank 1 & 2 straight from there.

I now get the orange light on the Microtech flashing when it cranks.

When I turn the key the car stutters and tries to start but never will.

I grabbed a spare CAS and plugged it in and started turning it by hand. Had the coilpacks out with spark plugs in the end to look for spark and was listening to hear the injectors click.

Injectors were clicking away and plugs had spark.

On a side note:

Car was driven home from a workshop before the ecu was swapped. So I assume timing etc is correct.

I'd go back over your wiring and diagrams, sounds really messy. I've never worked with Microtechs so can't give you any advice on them, if it was running on your mates car I'd be asking him about it.

My mate had a dodgy auto-elec try and wire the ecu standalone. Was a terrible job and he didn't know much about how it worked. Tried rattling his brain for the answer already haha

Why wouldn't you just wire the Microtech up as a stand alone?

As normality stated, I wanted to retain the small things. For example with my mates setup he had no idle control etc. I want all these things since it'll be my daily driver :)