Sign in to follow this  
GHOSTY

Nokia Lumia 920, anyone got one?

Awesome phone man. You can't change ur SMS tones to a custom ring tone yet but give it a few weeks for root tools to become available then it will be even more awesome. I got one on Monday and I think its very fast, loud ringer, nice and fluent to use, colours are very bright, screen is big and lushios, the camera is pretty darn good too

Also, if ur going to buy one outright go to Telstra, cheapest there is, $694. Its network unlocked too, bonus.

I'm keen to give one of these a try. Apparently Micro$not are a little pissed off that people are seeing the "Nokia" part as more important than the "Windows Phone OS" part :lol:

I am most impressed with the Camera, as HTC and I phones still struggle in low light, but with a Carl Zeiss lens it is from all accounts much stronger than other phones in this area.

The drawback at this stage is lack of mainstream apps available for i phones and android though. Amazing you can't change the ring tone though?

Ring tone u can change but not SMS or calender or email alert noises. U can set an mp3 for ringtone or alarm if u like

I am most impressed with the Camera, as HTC and I phones still struggle in low light, but with a Carl Zeiss lens it is from all accounts much stronger than other phones in this area.

The drawback at this stage is lack of mainstream apps available for i phones and android though. Amazing you can't change the ring tone though?

Expect a push with the apps pretty soon. It will probably go through the same stages as iOs and Android did though, all of the apps at the start are kinda lackluster, but they get better over time.

Also, expect that ringtone thing to sort itself out pretty quick too. Although you might have to root it for the first few OS releases. Iirc, Microsoft were openly encouraging users to root the device and were handing out free t-shirts to the first few, so this kind of development is highly encouraged by M$ (for a change...).

My brother just got one. He says the camera technology is phenominal, still and video images are amazing, phone is fast and fluent, only down side was the immaturity of the app market at this stage but obvioulsy that will take off soon. I'm pretty keen to get one but still got 9 months left on my SGS2 MRO :(

I got one yesterday, took a while to get used to and understand the whole Windows 8 thing, after 48hrs of playing with it and learning to customise, I like it. Still lots more learning to do.

On a side note, anyone wanna buy my SGS2? ..PM me if interested :)