Sign in to follow this  
sweepa

what would you want to see in an australian bill of rights?

Hold on...

The police can suddenly get the warrant to search a house, just because of an anonymous tip off with no hard evidence? and yet, these are the same people that will say "we can't do anything" if you take your damaged car to their police station, after being hit and run and having the suspects numberplate written down...

Mate, I'd be taking legal action if possible. I don't know if you could do much, but contact a solicitor and find out.

Considering two days ago, the Police broke a screen to get into my house, let one of my cats out, left all of the lights on and could offer us no explanation for nearly 24hrs as to why they had done any of this, whatever the f**k stops that should be in our bill of rights.

"Freedom from c*nts"

Edited by pmod

Also, someone mentioned the freedom to defend themselves against anyone, including police/government/army.

I couldn't agree more. I remember speaking to an officer and they told me "you're allowed to use as much force as they use against you" in regard to self defence. That's pretty stupid though. What, do I have to wait until I get stabbed before I can defend myself with a knife?

That's pretty shit.

Have you been lawyering yet?

Not yet. Still not quite sure what to do.

Hold on...

The police can suddenly get the warrant to search a house, just because of an anonymous tip off with no hard evidence? and yet, these are the same people that will say "we can't do anything" if you take your damaged car to their police station, after being hit and run and having the suspects numberplate written down...

Mate, I'd be taking legal action if possible. I don't know if you could do much, but contact a solicitor and find out.

Funny you use that exact scenario, because that happened to me as well. The actually said to me, "Call insurance. We don't deal with stuff that small."

Considering two days ago, the Police broke a screen to get into my house, let one of my cats out, left all of the lights on and could offer us no explanation for nearly 24hrs as to why they had done any of this, whatever the f**k stops that should be in our bill of rights.

"Freedom from c*nts"

:lol:

I don't know if it fall under a bill of rights, but giving race tracks, theme parks, etc the power to ignore noise complaints from residents who move nearby AFTER said entity has been established and operational.

Considering two days ago, the Police broke a screen to get into my house, let one of my cats out, left all of the lights on and could offer us no explanation for nearly 24hrs as to why they had done any of this, whatever the f**k stops that should be in our bill of rights. Turns out that a single person had said we have a hydro setup (anonymous tip-off apparently). I explained to the police that we're the straightest people in the street. We don't drink, don't do drugs, haven't done drugs, etc etc. There was no apology, more of a Well lucky you aren't criminals or things would have been worse. Now I have to replace a f**king screen window (at my expense after the officer calmly explained that they "Don't accept any liability.") and explain to the neighbours that, "Despite the Police turning up to my doorstep with a battering ram, we're not a danger to you or your children. Have a nice day." Apparently the POLICE couldn't get hold of either mine or my wife's number. The f**king POLICE couldn't get hold my mine or my wife's number.

We still have absolutely no idea who would have told the cops that we had a hydro setup. We don't have any enemies, don't piss off our neihgbours, nothing. Moral of the story: Having a bad day? Become a cop. Break into people's houses and destroy their shit. You won't have to pay for a cent.

Another thing added to my list of "reasons to hate the police". Fast dwarfing the "reasons to like the police" list, which is currently sitting at, well, nothing.

lawyer up and take sapol to court, guaranteed payout

Also, someone mentioned the freedom to defend themselves against anyone, including police/government/army.

I couldn't agree more. I remember speaking to an officer and they told me "you're allowed to use as much force as they use against you" in regard to self defence. That's pretty stupid though. What, do I have to wait until I get stabbed before I can defend myself with a knife?

What that officer was talking about was the heirachy of defence. Brief example, someone comes at you with open hand you defend yourself with a closed hand, they try punch you, you hit them with a night stick or spray and so on. It doesn't really apply to everyday citizens but the cops are supposed to follow it.

Considering two days ago, the Police broke a screen to get into my house, let one of my cats out, left all of the lights on and could offer us no explanation for nearly 24hrs as to why they had done any of this, whatever the f**k stops that should be in our bill of rights. Turns out that a single person had said we have a hydro setup (anonymous tip-off apparently). I explained to the police that we're the straightest people in the street. We don't drink, don't do drugs, haven't done drugs, etc etc. There was no apology, more of a Well lucky you aren't criminals or things would have been worse. Now I have to replace a f**king screen window (at my expense after the officer calmly explained that they "Don't accept any liability.") and explain to the neighbours that, "Despite the Police turning up to my doorstep with a battering ram, we're not a danger to you or your children. Have a nice day." Apparently the POLICE couldn't get hold of either mine or my wife's number. The f**king POLICE couldn't get hold my mine or my wife's number.

We still have absolutely no idea who would have told the cops that we had a hydro setup. We don't have any enemies, don't piss off our neihgbours, nothing. Moral of the story: Having a bad day? Become a cop. Break into people's houses and destroy their shit. You won't have to pay for a cent.

Another thing added to my list of "reasons to hate the police". Fast dwarfing the "reasons to like the police" list, which is currently sitting at, well, nothing.

You should definitely go and speak to a lawyer. (1st consultation is usually free so you've got nothing to loose)

This sort of thing seems to be a pretty common occurrence, police think they are just a law unto themselves....This is a video from a few years ago down in wagga wagga NSW that got caught on security camera.

Uploaded on Oct 5, 2009

This is some security footage of my house and police officers doing illegal things the video showes (top left hand corner) the police ripping the camera of its ledge and putting it on its end and also (top righthand corner ) the police officers illegally searching the back yard, this video was originally posted on youtube it was legally recorded and posted but i have being (not threatand) but asked nicely to remove it i felt i should remove it so i wouldnt be harrased by the police even more this has being put on the front page of the weekend advertiser they need to get put back in there places start doing there jobs properly instead of being so courropt it needs to stop this is the origainal footage from my dvr this has being reuploaded onto youtube due to popular demend of people wanting to watch it i have had aproxmitly 50+ messages of people wanting to see it therefore i am putting it back up enjoy watching

http://youtu.be/kAePboCXWMw

Edited by sweepa