Sign in to follow this  
EnFlaMEd

Sneaky Bastards. SPEED CAMERA SPOTTED

I don't know if this is just new to me or is news for everyone but I spotted a new kind of Speed Camera today. It was located on North East Road, Tea Tree Gully, opposite Australia's Pizza House. The camera was basically mounted on a tripod under a tree with no signage or vehicle indicating its position. After some further investigation I found the control vehicle for the camera, a White Utility, parked in Walters St.

Anyway I don't know if this is a new thing or not but just be on the look out for these things. Camera cars are pretty obvious though it would be easy to miss this thing unless you were paying close attention.

079unz.jpg

078bs.jpg

077pg.jpg

076fg.jpg

should of taken off with it and made the kent run.

in vic i have seen something similar and next to it is a big microphone, i'm guessing it's something to do with epa.

should have spray painted the lense black and legged it.

ive got no issue with a cop in a marked car sitting there picking dumbasses off.

but sneaky crap like the above is just blatant revunue raising.

I felt like crushing it into the tree with my bull bar. Not my fault if someone leaves a camera on side of the road and I happen to accidentally run over it...right?

I felt like crushing it into the tree with my bull bar. Not my fault if someone leaves a camera on side of the road and I happen to accidentally run over it...right?

more thinking if someone on a bmx bike acciedentially put a peg through it and didnt stop. like. whys that shit on/near a footpath where some poor kid could hit it? haha

more thinking if someone on a bmx bike acciedentially put a peg through it and didnt stop. like. whys that shit on/near a footpath where some poor kid could hit it? haha

accidents happen all the time! Or "oh look, some poor soul has lost their expensive camera and left it here on the side of the road. Ill be a good samaratin and take it to my nearest police station so they can find its rightful owner." :Angel:

they use these on the freeway alot. normally near a bridge so the "control vehicle" can park up on the grass in the shade.

I saw one of these just before the Mallala township on the way to a drift prac about mid last year, and then twice in one week about a fortnight ago in the riverland.

All three times they had a different plain white 4X4 ute reverse parked perpendicular to the road. Would have pinged me each time had I been speeding, very sneaky.

They have these all the time on pt Wakefield rd. Sometimes the car is on one side of the rd and the camera is facing the other direction

That's some f**ked up shit. as said above, should of reversed into it. In QLD I'm

Seeing a large number of police standing on an overpass/bridge getting the oncoming traffic below.

S.A. has multinova speed cameras now?

Took awhile didn't it?

I pizza guy reversed over one in Perth one night and did $13,000 damage to the lense.

They have been using the tripod cameras outside of all type crash on main north road for ages. hiding in the bushes with the 4wd in the service road.

They also have these now too. Catching you before you actually get to the car on the side of the road and jump on the brakes. securedownload.jpg

They have been using the tripod cameras outside of all type crash on main north road for ages. hiding in the bushes with the 4wd in the service road.

They also have these now too. Catching you before you actually get to the car on the side of the road and jump on the brakes. securedownload.jpg

Mother of God! Thats almost worse.

This moved to the valley view golf course parking lot last night and caught Crawford in his works car haha

They have blue ve wagon with a camera now

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Not the greatest ohoto but you get the idea

Spotted the ve Wagon on tapleys hill rd this morning. That's going to catch a few off guard.

Spotted the ve Wagon on tapleys hill rd this morning. That's going to catch a few off guard.

Def got me off guard . Pulled over to take a phone call and couldn't believe it!

Thankfully i drove past it earlier coming from the front and noticed the camera, otherwise i prob would have got done just over on the way back home as i only remembered about it as i got to the back of it. Very hard to pick out from the rear,

pretty sure that's for rego checking only, rather than speed detection.

Edited by atari4x4

This moved to the valley view golf course parking lot last night and caught Crawford in his works car haha

Lol poor bastard!

Ive seen that VE Wagon around the same spot on North East Rd that other camera was at.

seen a kia carnival on port wakefield road before with a camera.

Sick of them tho. i spend more time checking my speed constantly rather then on the road. they are making driving more dangerous.

It really is only revenue raising when its things like speed cameras at the bottom of hills etc, where an honest driver could simply let the car roll to over the speed limit by mistake.

It is not revenue raising when a driver speeds on a flat road, because they chose to go that fast.

It is all good to give the cops shit, I agree that RBT's are usually placed in locations for massive defects when situated at the bay on the drive in.

It really is only revenue raising when its things like speed cameras at the bottom of hills etc, where an honest driver could simply let the car roll to over the speed limit by mistake.

It is not revenue raising when a driver speeds on a flat road, because they chose to go that fast.

It is all good to give the cops shit, I agree that RBT's are usually placed in locations for massive defects when situated at the bay on the drive in.

Disagree. The cameras will not take into account any reasonable circumstances causing the increase in speed, cops/cameras are usually placed in areas where there's an unexpected limit reduction for no good reason (usually due to Council 'decisions'... read - vested interests), and the cameras serve as no cause for the driver to slow down at the time of offense.

If a paid cop stops someone and hands out a fine, they're likely to not re-offend that day. Same drivers could get tagged by 20 cameras in one day doing 5kmph over and still be driving around totally unaware, until a few weeks later when he gets a court summons. Profiteering at it's finest.

technically theyre not allowed to setup on a hill where your car will pick up speed while rolling in gear.

I would agree with you IF speed limits were set based on some kind of evidence gathering process, rather than bullshit and conjecture/knee jerk reactions. Until then, it's all revenue raising.

technically theyre not allowed to setup on a hill where your car will pick up speed while rolling in gear.

How does the one on sir don bradman work? At the underpass ?