Sign in to follow this  
Stuss15

Tyres! Federal 595rs-r

Hey guys, who has/had them? What do you all think in comparison to other brands used.

Got a set today and took em for a spin and didn't feel to much better than my crap Acillies sport. Had a little more feel but not that much more grip. Do they need a heat cycle through em or are they good to go?

For the price I can't complain though.

Good answer mate. They come highly recommended from alot of forum members. Do you have any imput or you just been a keyboard warrior?

I thought it maybe to much imput for people. Like old mate above could only focus on 1 thing lol

unsure if you know bling and muski and having fun or are just being rude.

To elaborate on Muski these tyres are cheap for a reason being that they do help grip over lets say normal cheap tyres for a hyundai gets but they are no advan neovas or re001 and re002s etc. is this your daily drive? for comuting and drifting they can be worth the money (if they are the tyres im thinking of) for serious track work like time attack and drags you would be looking at the types of tyres that i previously noted.

think i have 595s on my car will take a look when sun comes up i think they are fine but im not serious about my lap times. Next set of tyres i buy will be the good stuff didnt have the money when i needed new tyres :(

Yer I understand, 595's 595evo and 595rsr are all different but just wanted to hear people's input. Heard so many positives but felt a little let down I guess. I've heard guys compare potenzers, advans and they put rsr in the same categorie.

Sorry it's a weekend car, no drift just a social track day hear and there.

compared to a proper semi, they are garbage..

compared to your average shitty bobjane 100 dollar special, they are good..

overall, i would run them as streeters only..

I thought my answer was self explanatory...

You pay good money for a tyre for a reason.. That they are good..

If you cheap out then don't expect Awsome quality and i wouldnt get feedback from a bunch of guys on the Internet that probably put them on the front of their Honda civics and think they are amazing.

I have found that tyres are like hookers, you wanna get herpies? Get a cheap hooker. You get you what pay for.

7 years selling tyres and nothing annoys me more when people want cheap shitty tyres and then complain when they are shithouse or they blow up killing an intire family of refugees.

Cant understand how people cheap out on tyres, you can have what ever the hell you want done to your car but if you have a shit pair of tyres your car will still have aids.

And no-one wants aids.

Nothing wrong with Honda civics, reAd the post mate. It asks if you've had them and what do you think? In comparison to other brands.

You could be that guy on the Internet that's puts them on a civic. Everyone asks on Internet forums mate, that's how you get information these days..

Anyways noted, you get what you pay for, for the price there amazing!

I have had them otherwise I wouldn't of posted... And like I said there cheap for a reason.

I have found that tyres are like hookers, you wanna get herpies? Get a cheap hooker. You get you what pay for.

7 years selling tyres and nothing annoys me more when people want cheap shitty tyres and then complain when they are shithouse or they blow up killing an intire family of refugees.

Cant understand how people cheap out on tyres, you can have what ever the hell you want done to your car but if you have a shit pair of tyres your car will still have aids.

And no-one wants aids.

You think expensive hookers ont have aids lol. It's crazy how no one even comments on the post. We understand you get what you pay for. I learnt that when I was 2. I don't want cheap shitty tyres, I wanted affordable ones that perform well for the price.

If no one has n intelligen input. Don't comment

I have owned them/drove on them. In comparison to other brands they are way worse than the Dunlop Sport Maxx GT.

Thanks for the info. Is there anything in that price range I can try next?

do you want this and your understeer thread merged?

seem like 1 and the same thing

I'd go against that.

Best tyre I've ever used over hankooks an some saturns . 595 easily the best

Name another tyre around the same price with the same performance

Edited by Lucas.

i have them on my 180. its pretty damn good. 595rsr, in the rain its still sticky. compare it to kum hoes ku31 they rape it.

another reason to why alot of ppl use it cos its bang for buck and is quite good for what it is.

obviously if u got money u can get better quality tyres.

That's good to hear! Did you find they got stickler after a couple of hundred kms

That's good to hear! Did you find they got stickler after a couple of hundred kms

What use do you want them for?

I can't comment for grip. But after 9-10 track days they still have a ton of tread and still grippy as the day I got them

I've run them on my 180, which is close to stock, for club sprints at about 35psi hot, 4-5 laps per run at Eastern Creek. By the end of that run (10 minutes) they are starting to over heat and have lost a bit of grip. For what you pay for them they are a reasonable street tyre, IMHO better than KU36 and RT615s I've used. The power I'm running I'm not troubling them for straight line grip ,it's the cornering & braking where they fall down.

In the dry at least, with my suspension setup you get a fair bit of warning before they let go. Personally I'm over these types of tyres for track days, for me they are too much of a compromise. I'll be going for an R type tyre instead to maximise my current set up on track, keeping my stock rims/tyres for street duties.

I thought I'd inject my input into this thread.

Some comments I have on them from another thread...

I've been running the RSRs for a while - 235/45r17 front, 255/40r17 rear. I got about a year's worth of road use out of a set (about 18,000km), plus something like 4 or 5 sprint days. Great street tyre - they work well straight off the mark without having to get heat into them, and they're really quite good in the wet too. In terms of grip on the track, I was really happy with them - managed to get just under 1:42 at Winton and a 59.88 at Haunted Hills with minimal mods (13psi, standard turbo and tune). I'm thinking of switching to slicks next time I go out on circuit, but will probably keep running RSRs on the street.

Oh yeah - that's on an S14 - full weight, running something like 2.5deg negative camber at the front and 1.5deg at the rear. Majority of kms were just normal commuting, not thrashing through hills etc.

Get AD08's and you'll never look back.. For the price you can get them delivered from the uk why would you consider any other street tyre.

Best thing I've ever bought for my car.

Advan? Are they a street track tire? And how to they hold up to road abuse?

Yeah advan, I believe they are a cross over street/track tyre but there not in the same category as true track tyres i.e. semi slicks.

It holds up really well on the street, but still waiting to try them on the track. Can't compare them to rsr's my self, maybe someone else can..

Of course, I understand that. What sort of price range and what tyres have you previously tried to compare them too?

There are tests and even videos comparing the top street tyres.

RE-11, RSR, KU36, R1R, AD08, etc...

As for prices have a look around, there is even links to dealers on here.

There is a guy selling a lot of above products on the Mitsubishi colt forums right now.

You set-up a Google alert for all these tyres and add in ‘+$’ into the search criteria as well as the size ‘225’ or whatever you need, don't add '225/17' etc.

You will end up with several alerts, but only get one every now and than. You will get alerts when good prices on these tyres come up.

Kids these days, just know iPhone games.