Sign in to follow this  
sqd

Injector adapters

So I have a custom made intake manifold for my SR20, with a modified GReddy fuel rail on it.

And a week or so ago, I recieved my Injector Dynamics ID2000 injectors, with the BLUE tops/adapters on it - 60mm (long) and 11mm diameter for the rail.

Now, the GReddy rail is supposed to be 11mm, but when I insert the injector in the rail, the injector is obviously too small, there's a bit of play in the rail.

So, the previous owner must have bored it out, he used Delphi 998cc injectors, which seem to be 14mm ones.

So I was thinking, Aeroflow have a set of o-ringed 11 to 14mm adapters, they look like this:

G3Firzn.jpg

I should be able to just get four of those, put on my injectors and then into the rail, right? Tell me if wrong! :)

Ive got the same ones, Im hoping to not need them as I havent purchased injectors yet, if the O-rings are decent and seal tight there shouldnt be a problem, but if i had a choice Id rather not.

Why not just buy 14mm injector adaptors for the injectors?

SQD is asking if that's a good idea.

you can get 14mm tops for the ID injectors, not sure how much they are on their own. guess it comes down to price, an adapter is an adapter either way

I don't see any thing wrong with it

No he's asking if those add on sleeve adaptors are OK to use. I don't see the point in buying something extra to adapt an adaptor when you can just buy the right type of injector adaptor anyway. Edited by Protius

No he's asking if those add on sleeve adaptors are OK to use. I don't see the point in buying something extra to adapt an adaptor when you can just buy the right type of injector adaptor anyway.

Bahahahaha wtf now I'm just confused

What's the question again ?

yeah we sell just the new adapters for the injectors so instead of running the 11mm adapter you can run the 14mm adapter and then its a straight fit, but measure the size of the rail with a pair of verniers to make sure.

i think the adapters are like $16 a set or something

So I have a custom made intake manifold for my SR20, with a modified GReddy fuel rail on it.

And a week or so ago, I recieved my Injector Dynamics ID2000 injectors, with the BLUE tops/adapters on it - 60mm (long) and 11mm diameter for the rail.

Now, the GReddy rail is supposed to be 11mm, but when I insert the injector in the rail, the injector is obviously too small, there's a bit of play in the rail.

So, the previous owner must have bored it out, he used Delphi 998cc injectors, which seem to be 14mm ones.

So I was thinking, Aeroflow have a set of o-ringed 11 to 14mm adapters, they look like this:

I should be able to just get four of those, put on my injectors and then into the rail, right? Tell me if wrong! :)

An issue you will have with running an adapter in a Greddy top feed rail is they don't have a step in them to stop the top of the injector (adapter in your case) pushing through into the middle of the rail and therefore loosing its seal with the rail. I'd advise that you speak to Steve at EFI Hardware and get an adapter with a step made in it. Much like the below.

Spacer-and-Clip-EV14-Injector-For-11mm-Oring-fuel-rail-and-34-height-injector_2922.jpg?cache=20130205102509

you can get 14mm tops for the ID injectors, not sure how much they are on their own. guess it comes down to price, an adapter is an adapter either way

The first thing I did was e-mail Injector Dynamics about this, and there are 14mm adapters, but only SHORT ones, ID said they don't sell the long, rail-side adapters separately.

I have the blue, long adapters to the left, I would need the purple ones next to the blue ones ideally:

v5EBUIL.jpg

yeah we sell just the new adapters for the injectors so instead of running the 11mm adapter you can run the 14mm adapter and then its a straight fit, but measure the size of the rail with a pair of verniers to make sure.

i think the adapters are like $16 a set or something

Are they the long, top side adapters? The purple ones in the pic above?

Upping this, and my Greddy rail has been bored out for 14mm injectors:

T7xnzYW.jpg

So it has that step inside it where it goes back down to 11mm again.

Still, is it possible to buy the long, 14mm purple adapters for ID2000? I've only seen the short ones.

Why do you need the real long ones? Can't you just change the length of the spacers that the rail mounts with? :S

Why do you need the real long ones? Can't you just change the length of the spacers that the rail mounts with? confused.gif

Nope, because the mounts are custom made along with the intake, mounts are welded on both the intake and rail, so it's not mounted with spacers unfortunately :/

Looks like this

(note that I'm holding the rail upside-down in this pic ;))

kd91bVL.jpg

Edited by sqd

Can buy them here: Link

Thanks! Found similar ones in Sweden though (where I live), looks like this:

as3bohL.jpg

And they fit ID2000, so just ordered four, and I hope they do the job :)

Don't know if anyone cares but got the adapters I posted above, and they fit just fine :)