Sign in to follow this  
gio

race dash

hey there guys i am looking into buying a race dash for my car i run a power fc de-jetro and dont really want to sell it as my car is tuned,

i have big cams and big injectors so buying a new computer would be a pain any recommendations would be great thanks

Well if u wanna stick with the power fc I would recommend STACK

Race dashes are awesome

No need for extra gauges :)

I'm using a aims dash with a haltech platinum pro

IMG_2086.jpg

i have a stack, love it. not really a fan of digital tachos. you can save a bit if you get the non boost one and run a seperate boost gauge

what stacks one do you recommend i have a eboost 2 so dont really need a boost gauge

sorry for n00b question but what is the relation between a power FC and race dash, and having to get different ECU or race dash?

if you have a haltech computer you can hook up the haltech dash and it gets the readings from there (or most of anyway) otherwise you need to pay extra for extra sensors. ones like the stack or mxl are stand alone

ones like the stack or mxl are stand alone

mines a mxl and it plugs straight into the haltech ecu and gets all its readings from there

Its so easy to setup

Haltech don't make their own dash

The mxl is made by aims and the IQ3 dash is made by race pack

Basically any ecu which has a 2 wire CAN connection will support a race dash

U simply plug and play no extra sensors needed

Power fc does not have a CAN connection which means You can't simply plug a race dash into it

I think all racepack units need a 2 wire CAN connection

The logger dashes are awesome they come with a 2 gig memory stick and normally if u want to check The log u need to plug your laptop into the ecu

With the logger dash u can display every thing straight onto the dash

And instead of logging everything into the ecu the dash is the data logger

The dash itself is recording every thing not the Ecu

It also comes with a GPS and 3 axis G meter

Pretty much any standalone ECU has a dash that can be plugged right into it.

Racpack

dashdaq

AIM

Race tech

and that is just a view if you are not in a rush wait till next year i believe racepak new one comes out with a full racechrono spec laptimer (shows map of track and location of car)

I have started programming my own Arduino with stepper motor, Just learning at the moment but hoping for a end result like the defi Cluster (Old school tacho/boost with Digital everything else and GPS Speed and lap timer.)

but this is just long term project atm im just running full greddy gauge set with E01 as tacho/gps speedo/fuel level/ knock

Racpack

dashdaq

AIM

Race tech

and that is just a view if you are not in a rush wait till next year i believe racepak new one comes out with a full racechrono spec laptimer (shows map of track and location of car)

I have started programming my own Arduino with stepper motor, Just learning at the moment but hoping for a end result like the defi Cluster (Old school tacho/boost with Digital everything else and GPS Speed and lap timer.)

but this is just long term project atm im just running full greddy gauge set with E01 as tacho/gps speedo/fuel level/ knock

How's that going? I was thinking of doing the same thing. Don't have any gauges currently bc I'm still deciding whether I could be arsed :P and its been a while since I did any low level coding

In my opinion the Race Technology DASH 2 is one of the better optioned! This is the dash i will be getting and i run a Power FC as well

Well designed & street legal!

http://www.race-tech...dash2_2_31.html

Display information directly from your ECU using our CAN or serial interface*

Any more info on this ?

Interest to know how it gets information directly from a ecu if the ecu does not have a CAN port to plug into ?

Good option for all the power fc and nistune people out there

Shud really contemplate changing your ecu.

Apexi is so out dated nowadays, yes u can tune your car but there are so many other things that you really do need for your car.

For example, an immediate engine kill incase of loss of oil/fuel pressure, leaning out or anything else.

Nothing like having a brand new motor get washed down the toilet because your old crummy computer doesn't have the features to save it.

Just some food for thought.

Dashes although nice aren't really that necessary imo.

If u had a computer such as a haltech and had it setup to shut down if leaning out, or shut down if over Heating or drop in pressures u can get by without gauges as the ecu is gonna save ur car, well ur motor I mean.

If ur car overheated, ur ecu could have reacted n shutdown before u even noticed the temps.

Shud really contemplate changing your ecu.

Apexi is so out dated nowadays, yes u can tune your car but there are so many other things that you really do need for your car.

For example, an immediate engine kill incase of loss of oil/fuel pressure, leaning out or anything else.

Nothing like having a brand new motor get washed down the toilet because your old crummy computer doesn't have the features to save it.

Just some food for thought.

Dashes although nice aren't really that necessary imo.

If u had a computer such as a haltech and had it setup to shut down if leaning out, or shut down if over Heating or drop in pressures u can get by without gauges as the ecu is gonna save ur car, well ur motor I mean.

If ur car overheated, ur ecu could have reacted n shutdown before u even noticed the temps.

This is correct

Power fc does not have any fail safe feature

Take a look at this video for example

Haltech fail safe

http://powertuneaustralia.wordpress.com/2013/02/14/a-thought-on-the-humble-o2-wideband-controller/

Power fc and nistune do not support any of this fail safe engine protection

;) that's right, also tuning capability is second to known.

Running an up to date haltech/link/autronic/motec compared to a power fc.

Is like running an original IBM computer up against an Alienware.

Dude you almost sound like Chea

In his exact words to a customer wanting a nistune on a fairly highly modified car

Nistune ? Are you serious ? Its ok for a lightly modified car but for you I wouldn't recommend it

" nistune is like an old Nokia Moblie phone sure it can make phone calls and send txt but why have a old Nokia when you can have an iPhone full of useful apps ? "

LOL...maybe I'm am Chea, hahhaha yer right I wish.

I don't know what some people's thought processes are.

People just need to save more money and go for the better upgrades.

Sure a nisstune/power fc + tune will cost less than a haltech untuned and without the added bits, it's just you need to remember that nisstune/power fc yes they can tune your car but are so limited in what they do and the way people treat there cars these days, it's like well if I can get a computer that can stop me blowing my engine then why would I install a junk ecu for.

Racpack

dashdaq

AIM

Race tech

How's that going? I was thinking of doing the same thing. Don't have any gauges currently bc I'm still deciding whether I could be arsed tongue.png and its been a while since I did any low level coding

Not going just yet, Busy trying to get the E01 to read a GPS Signal but now that is done, I want to finish my car 1st,

Autronic was nice enough to send me the schema to there TX/RX codes (i run a SM4) so the end plan is to have it reading information from the ECU but also to be able to send a new tune to it as well via the dash, but yeah no work on it other then research and collecting parts untill my car is finished.

The race tech was the dash i was looking at before i cracked the shits and just modded a E01

Dude you almost sound like Chea

In his exact words to a customer wanting a nistune on a fairly highly modified car

Nistune ? Are you serious ? Its ok for a lightly modified car but for you I wouldn't recommend it

" nistune is like an old Nokia Moblie phone sure it can make phone calls and send txt but why have a old Nokia when you can have an iPhone full of useful apps ? "

if i had the choice between a 5110 and an iphone, id take the 5110, however if it was an old nokia compaired to say my htc one x, then thats a different story

^ dude your little story makes no sense!

We made reference to the phones to explain a situation for all to understand.

It's like walking into jb hi-fi n buying a VCR instead of a blu-ray player.

It's old technology n there's stuff way better nowadays that u shud look into buying, just like you would with anything else.

i was looking into a Race Technology DASH 2 but do you need to buy all the senders or do the come with them

my story makes sense, i dont like i phones, lol, yet i know the point that was being put across, i was just being a smartass

Race is liked by many people and they took part in different races so that give their best. However they have to go through oxbridgeessays that are confined to the various steps that will give more ideas to go in it.