Sign in to follow this  
deandeandeano

Silvia with type X motor wiring.

Okay, need some opinions on this one..

So i've just dropped a type X SR20DE motor into my S13 sil, it came with a loom and I purchased an ecu separately (fingers crossed it's actually a type X ecu like it said it would be)

So i've ofcourse found that not all the plugs match perfectly and i may have some extras (for the headlights perhaps?)

But i've found one that doesn't fit at all and i believe you'd agree with me in saying it's probably important... The plug that connects the engine loom to what i think is the body loom? or interior? (not sure what you call it) but the white plug just next to the blue ecu plug.

So. I just want to clear up if it would be easier to purchase a silvia engine loom

or.

Attempt to splice the loom with plugs that actually fit. (which will be my next question)

Because the type X engine loom has 13 wires and my silvia only has 12.

also not all the colours match up perfectly (from memory the type X loom has 3 black wires, and the silvia has 3 green?)

i've got some pictures here, they weren't taken by me so they may not show everything intended too.

But yeah, opinions, advice would be great even wiring diagrams?

Cheers.

post-147162-0-73569600-1361179270_thumb.jpg

post-147162-0-15979700-1361179276_thumb.jpg

post-147162-0-07244200-1361179292_thumb.jpg

post-147162-0-34317000-1361179300_thumb.jpg

Is the car originally SR20DE?

I'd personally just sell the current ecu/loom and buy a Silvia SR20DE ecu/loom and run it off that.

I did the same thing with my car but DET (running red top silvia loom/ecu on a black top type x motor).

I bought a Type X halfcut about a year and a half ago and have done this conversion myself (from SR20DE to SR20DET Type X). I was lucky enough to have the plug from my DE loom still, so I tracked down both the white plug pinouts and matched the wires. There might be another way of doing it, but that's the way I did it, and it worked fine. Everything worked the same as it did before I swapped anything over.

Here are the white plug pinouts:

8494017121_c658b85052.jpg

8494017207_a422a44936.jpg

Also, if you got the gearbox with the engine like I did, you'll need a non Type X speedo sensor/drive thing (forgot the name). Mine was about 20kms out and I didn't know why at first.