Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
maxmod

S13 Silvia Sports sedan

Recommended Posts

Engines just come back from the machine shop Chris for Spencer Race engines is building the motor for me.

 

The heads have been CNC ported by Higgins.

 

I also got a delivery today from Difillipo I bought a full stainless header kit it wasn't cheap but quality never is. It cost me $1200 and I have the build the damn things lol.

 

My Reverse Megaphone setup

 

I've listed a whole load of stuff for sale and I've listed my S15 Dash for sale on Ebay I wont be using it anymore lol.

20130717_090040.jpg

20130717_090307.jpg

20130717_090102.jpg

IMAG0812.jpg

IMAG0814.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's Idea,

 

I am going to run a Moly Tube down the chassis rail to the front part of my cage. As well as drop a piece of tube from my strut tower to the tube on the chassis rail.

 

Since ill be running a piece of cage to the most outer point of the chassis rails I want to make damn sure in an accident the bar will never come through the cabin and hurt me.

 

Hence the 5 points securing it in place 1 of them will only be 1" moly though so nothing major.

 

Everything else will be done in 1.5" Moly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went down to my engine builders with my throttle bodies to do a trial fit on another motor his building. It looks awesome!

 

My Motor will have a Black block with the Rocker covers engraved with SRE or Spencer Race Engines and be a crinkle finish red like the Ferrari Intake.

 

With the Dry Sump hanging off the side and the braided line it should look hot.

 

Also I've been doing some work with the roll cage the bars aren't finalised yet but that's there basic layout. I so should have just cut the towers out they look crap now but what can I do it's function over form.

 

IMAG0892.jpg

IMAG0882.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will definitely be a shame to cover it with an airbox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Front section of the cage is almost done I've got two more bars to go in then it's on to the tunnel frame work. There are a few more bars I would love to add in to really triangulate everything but they may not work. I will have to mount the motor and build the headers before I can look at where I can put the other bars.

IMAG0914.jpg

IMAG0915.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like a lot of hard work and its coming together nicely but I cant help but think you might be adding a bit more weight in bar work than is really necessary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah your probably not wrong it is definitely overkill but I weigh everything before putting it in, each side weighs 3kg's so it isn't too bad. 3kg's of weight for some extra stiffness, those bars will also become my engine mounts so they do have to be strong enough to support 200kg's. It's all 1.6mm 1.5" Chromemoly so it's nice and strong but lightweight.

 

It's almost done though but all the bar work I've added will weigh less than 20kg's.

 

It will be interesting to see what the car weighs at the end though I am hoping for around 1050-1070kg's much heavier than that and I will have to put the car on a diet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

very very nice mate it is truly a credit to you, if had a spare 200k i would build a car for time attack :), i will be watching this and look forward to seeing it on the track

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers it will be good to see on the track ill be so relieved when its done so I can get on with life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all this cutting and welding do you have it sitting on a jig or something to keep it square?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah I don't but a lot of bars were put in before the cutting so I'm really just hoping, it's a huge risk but I won't know if its worked until the car goes to get aligned.

 

The whole car is seam welded as well so hopefully that will help hold it all together.

 

If it has moved it will be devastating but not a complete waste the whole driveline which is the expensive but can be transfered to a space frame roller. I've considered doing this already but I figure I've come so far with this shell I may as well use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Guys,

 

I thought It was time to update this thread.

 

The transmission tunnel bars are all finished I'm really happy with how they have come out. The masking tape shows where I will be adding additional bracing and gussets. Once the exhaust is made and I find out how much clearance I have to play with I will finish It off.

 

The engine is finally in we haven't totally finished the mounting yet. We had a slight set back on the weekend we almost welded the mount in only to realise had we of we wouldn't have been able to remove the motor.

 

I'll get some more pics up this week of the fuel cell mounting.

 

IMAG0979.jpg

IMAG1015.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×