Ok i'm now onto my 3rd 180sx fuel tank due the baffle or fuel bowl inside the tank breaking loose. "just buy another one" is not working for me.

I want to ask if anyone has done a custom tank setup or run a external surgetank for a 180sx?

*** My car is still a part week daily driver and gets used for all sorts of motorsport ( drag, hillclimbs, rally, drift & circuit ) so I can't do a fuel setup inside the cabin.

I've been quoted to make a full droptank style fuel tank but am unsure if its my only option?

If I do go down the custom tank method what's the best pickup baffle design, a similar trap door design to the tomei/greedy sr20 sumps?

i reckon a under car surge tank would be the best option

just out of interest, what effect does e85 have aluminum fuel components eg a fuel tank or swirl pot?

I'm not sure a surge tank will solve the problem of the baffles and fuel bowl breaking free and smashing the in tank fuel pump though. Is there a e85 safe fuel cell foam available yet? I might just pack the stock tank with that stuff if I can find some I think.

just out of interest, what effect does e85 have aluminum fuel components eg a fuel tank or swirl pot?

aluminium does not like E85

anodised aluminium such as fuel rails it doesnt effect but naked aluminium will start to get surface rust over time

I'm not sure a surge tank will solve the problem of the baffles and fuel bowl breaking free and smashing the in tank fuel pump though. Is there a e85 safe fuel cell foam available yet? I might just pack the stock tank with that stuff if I can find some I think.

if u have a surge tank u wont need the baffles inside the tank

the surge tank will always be full of fuel to feed the fuel pumps any way

surge tank wont have any thing to do with the standard fuel tank and baffles inside it

surge tank wont have any thing to do with the standard fuel tank and baffles inside it

True but most surge tanks i can find are aluminium.....I have a stock tank with the bowl still intact so might see if I can pack it with e85 safe foam and use the powertune twin pump cradle as it seems to be made from an alloy, not straight aluminium, true/false?

True but most surge tanks i can find are aluminium.....I have a stock tank with the bowl still intact so might see if I can pack it with e85 safe foam and use the powertune twin pump cradle as it seems to be made from an alloy, not straight aluminium, true/false?

Its made from billet aluminium

Its designed to be used with E85 tho haven't had a single problem with one if these units yet

I run a sard surge tank in my car and its aluminium

Never had problem with the surge tank and e85 and I've had e85 sitting in that tank full time