Sign in to follow this  
antonio

Samsung Galaxy S 4

Well the time has come, and its nearly launch.

For a live stream be sure to check out

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=IDXILsX7_QI

(if i could figure out this gay of a youtube imbed i would sadly its highly gay so it doesn't work)

Edited by Mandi

seems like an update rather then a completely new phone also i don't like how the fashion seems to be to keep going bigger screen size i thought that was what the note was for? might be going to a different brand of phone when my s2 gets too old/broken

It is a completely new phone, The view of the phone is near the same although people have said the type of materials used in the case are now different also being stronger and meant to feel alot better.

The S4 has improved on the S3 in multiple ways here's just some out of the tech sheet.

- OS

- Processor.

- Display

- Resolution

- Glass Strength

- Pixels

- Front & Rear Camera

- WIFI

- Connectivity

- Battery Size

- Weight

Edited by antonio

yeah i saw the comparison its just it looks the same all they have done is used updated components the 1 2 and 3 all looked different i just think it lacks innovation and how big are phones gonna get Haha

its like if they bought out a s16 with the same body awe interior as a s15 but with a better motor and drivetrain it just wouldn't cut it

Get an xperia Z looks nicer and has similar if not better specs ;)

Wonder how big the Note3 is going to be now

now i look at it on my bigger computer screen it looks like there trying to take a little bit of ipods styling not a fan

ipod styling? not sure i get where you are coming from.

The main styling change seems to be that the edges are squared/flat and not just curved, and there is now something else to the left of the top speaker port.

The main styling change seems to be that the edges are squared/flat and not just curved

thats what i mean

They've brought back the infrared led... Say hello to using your phone as a tv remote :D:lol:

I'm echoing chris_c30 though, this looks like an update. Galaxy S 3S almost, lol.

Edited by pyro

They've brought back the infrared led... Say hello to using your phone as a tv remote biggrin.pnglaugh.png

I'm echoing chris_c30 though, this looks like an update. Galaxy S 3S almost, lol.

haha someone has his head screwed on right i think that the infared is a waste since i can control my xbox with my phone or my laptop, used it for about 5 minutes and decided the controller made more sense and i never liked the s3 that much because it was too big and this is bigger, i think there aimed for girls with handbags not guys with jeans or anything

I agree with pyro and Chris.. Just looks like an update to me. The Sony xpheria or HTC One looks like the phone to buy.

Not sure why you are defending it so much Antonio, did you design it? Or do you have shares on Samsung?

i want one, but ive had iphones for years and im not sure how to get all my music off itunes, especially purchased stuff, i have to stick to iphones -_-

^haha apple really has you cornered. If your music and photos are on I tunes, they are on your computer. If they are on your computer then they can be put onto your new phone. Simple as that. Time for a Samsung.

yeah 80% of my music is on my computer, i just don't know if the purchased itunes song files are blocked, im never on my laptop anymore, ill suss it out one day lol. i just think going form apple to android will be confusing, and all 3 cars have ipod connectivity cables -_-

They've brought back the infrared led... Say hello to using your phone as a tv remote :D:lol:

haha someone has his head screwed on right i think that the infared is a waste since i can control my xbox with my phone or my laptop, used it for about 5 minutes and decided the controller made more sense and i never liked the s3 that much because it was too big and this is bigger, i think there aimed for girls with handbags not guys with jeans or anything

My Galaxy Note 2 fits in every pocket I have and it's bigger than pretty much everything lol.

really? my s2 when i had a protective cover on it was pretty tight in my jeans pockets and looked like i was always really happy to see ya but without the cover it wasn't so bad, but the note is allot bigger so i guess you have big pants?

They've brought back the infrared led... Say hello to using your phone as a tv remote biggrin.pnglaugh.png

Or anything? Maybe stop wearing your sister's jeans? :ph34r:

You'll find that the GS4 retains the same body size of the GS3 (GS4 slightly smaller) and the GS2 being 10mm smaller in height which I'm sure wouldn't be very noticeable difference in your pocket. That is unless you do wear your sister's jeans lol.

I am reading reviews with most stating "evolution, not revolution" which I do agree with (to a certain degree), however, with all the new features (new, not updated...NEW!) I think this model has proven enough that its significance alone makes this completely different handset.

Everyone on this forum bitches and moans and seems to swear by the term of "if its not broken, don't fix it". There was nothing wrong with the design of the GS3, so other then a few little critiques and improvements, what need is there to completely change it? Maybe for hipsters and materialists to use it as a fashion accessory rather than...oh, you know? A multi purpose mobile device that has more than just a camera and access to social networks???

In saying all this, I might get me another HTC in a couple of months

shhh they fit good ok! and Im samsung faithful there good quality my s2 still suites my needs and doesn't have many problems yet which is annoying because i normally buy a new phone every year when my last one starts to stop working

Just had Samsung come into my work and show off the S4, it actually looks like a pretty amazing phone.

I only went up to see as they had free pizza though.

Well went to Vodafone today to grab my S4. No luck. No Voda stores have stock till mid week, so they upgraded me for free and are sending one out. Can't wait!

Any recommendations on where to buy this out right? Im guessing kogan.

And then maybe exetel $10 a month sim plan or a amaysim sim plan cause f**k teltra and their over priced shit

Does the phone feel like it's cheaply made to anyone else?

Compared to say the HTC one?

Looking for my first android phone, have always had iPhones and i can't wait to change tbh.

In September I can start a new plan with no early cancellations, what's people's recommendations given the info..

.Used to everything apple

.Use my phone for music alot

.Already have the latest iPad for games etc

Thanks guys

Get the new Galaxy ^^^

Drag n drop everything.

Plays any format video and music.

Easy to get used to and no need for itunes.