Sign in to follow this  
A31Cefiro

SA swap meet

As Iron Chef explained to me before, the bigger it gets the more you have to think about public liability insurance and other monetary things.

well there it is then a31cefiro should make an event for a drive and bight

Don't let the above discourage you from organising and doing something.

Perhaps the AJD guys can tee up with op organise something.

Here's another suggestion on possible location. A few weeks ago there was a market on the very last floor of the u-carpark on rundle st (the one above hungry jacks). Had DJs and dancers and stalls. Not saying go to that length but perhaps look into it, speak to the owner. Everyone wins in there. Owner gets car park filled, we have a central location.

Could tie it in with a malala event eg a drift practice night or G1 instead of a show and shine? 80 or so cars from here and other forums in attendance for the night on track anyway let alone the spectators is a couple hundred people. If it's held at the back of the pits or the car park somewhere it's space and lots of the scene available at once.

If there's not enought exposure to sellers while being busy on track if everyone is behaved enough it could be started an hour before the practice session/while the bikes or karts etc are wrapping up. It's not like it would take up any land space that's isnt already not being utilised.

Hits alot of goals including people in a contained area without outside intererence but could also be completely squashed as an idea by Clem / Management.

Edited by brent47

Don't let the above discourage you from organising and doing something.

Perhaps the AJD guys can tee up with op organise something.

Here's another suggestion on possible location. A few weeks ago there was a market on the very last floor of the u-carpark on rundle st (the one above hungry jacks). Had DJs and dancers and stalls. Not saying go to that length but perhaps look into it, speak to the owner. Everyone wins in there. Owner gets car park filled, we have a central location.

i like this idea allot i don't feel like we have a car scene here in adelaide apart from the drift scene wouldn't even be that expensive

Could tie it in with a malala event eg a drift practice night or G1 instead of a show and shine? 80 or so cars from here and other forums in attendance for the night on track anyway let alone the spectators is a couple hundred people. If it's held at the back of the pits or the car park somewhere it's space and lots of the scene available at once.

If there's not enought exposure to sellers while being busy on track if everyone is behaved enough it could be started an hour before the practice session/while the bikes or karts etc are wrapping up. It's not like it would take up any land space that's isnt already not being utilised.

Hits alot of goals including people in a contained area without outside intererence but could also be completely squashed as an idea by Clem / Management.

I like this idea. Could work really well!

Clem already charges excessive prices just to watch drifting, he'll only exploit drifters further by charging sellers a stupid amount for a stall at lala.

He's allowed show n shines on the lawn before so how bout swapping it out? It's definately less shit than a car show.

And besides he can either take 10-15 dollars per person who wants to have a little car boot sale or he can have nothing at all.......

OR otherwise hit up struggling buisnesses or premises with a lot of car park. The old gepps cross markets/grand junction markets comes to mind.

Tbh though the hills run is not ideal, this needs to be a little hoon orientated as possible. Most wont even turn up in there good cars let alone turbos rolling around and it needs to be conducted professionally like a flea market.

There's another one.... Paddys market Pooraka.

gepps has been mentioned but having it at the same time as the market would be crap and having it at a different time would cost allot of money and to pay that money people need to pay entry and to get enough people paying you need allot of people when you start having allot of people you start needing insurance

gepps has been mentioned but having it at the same time as the market would be crap and having it at a different time would cost allot of money and to pay that money people need to pay entry and to get enough people paying you need allot of people when you start having allot of people you start needing insurance

Wrong martlet mate, way off.

i thought gepps cross markets was the one they held at the drive in?

Junction markets was the old walk in ones much like the CBD markets are now and is further down grand junction road.

Long story short all we need is a car park/some land and permission to use it... Aswell as everyone to be responsibly behaved.

Just like the Clem suggestion instead of show n shines, if it take the owner of said property to say yes if they charge a fee then so be it.

Edited by brent47

I think hes refering to the other one that a bit further in from Main North when you pass the homemaker centre, I havent been there in ages so don't know what its like now but from memory there were indoor and outdoor sections to it

Edit: never mind bet me to it

Edited by 23-GTR

Yer mate that's the one, I did a favour job for one of the owners there a year ago and they were sort of trying to get it going again (atleast the front ground level vending stores facing West) for some light trading but I haven't followed up in a while. Either way we only need something like the car park of anywhere/there for example... It's a bunch of car boot sales after all.

Even an enthusiast might be happy to lend land, like city dismantlers/kart mania gepps cross (have a contact there too) etc etc might be happy to charge 10-20 per trader to let something go for a couple hours, even a sausage sizzle run by us could see its profits to the vendor ontop of a per trader fee.

$300-500 for a couple hours for nothing is still something.

ok could you talk to the people at the market if you can get in contact and the people at kart mania both those places sound good and above board

Kart manias exterior car park would easily hold 40 or more cars in a tear drop fashion with a huge alleyway through the middle it spans between nearly the traffic lights all the way over to city truck dismantlers driveway but all that aside these are only suggestions and the main point being there will be someone somewhere who can allow permission of a car park.

Car park permission is likely to be dependent on public liability insurance, finding a place that has suitable insurance is the key.

Definately, that's why unfortunately any such event is going to have to see a fee paid.

How did we go about organising the school for the old small car sunday shows?

I wouldn't reccomend the lawns but possibly a Primary or High scool could lend its student/teacher car park.

Also RSL clubs etc often have decent car parks

i may or may not know a high principal that might let us use the land but it would be ruined if someone anything stupid

Hills run + jzx100 with stuff in the boot... :lol: rear quarters would end up looking like a zit-faced teenager.Hahndorf footy oval used to have show and shines, straight up the freeway so not too bad for most.

Edited by DISH-oh

Just bumping thread so something happens...

...and no, i will not organize it :thumbsup:

Iron Chef has something in the works but I'll leave it to him to announce that when it's sorted.

Working on an event for spring :) Stay tuned!

Awesome! Just a request though...can we do it in a carpark or whatever and not grass. I get bad hayfever and when I get bad hayfever, people don't like me and I don't like it when people don't like me and that hurts my feelings because I have low self esteem and no one wants low self esteem...

Awesome! Just a request though...can we do it in a carpark or whatever and not grass. I get bad hayfever and when I get bad hayfever, people don't like me and I don't like it when people don't like me and that hurts my feelings because I have low self esteem and no one wants low self esteem...

Check out this cat playing fruit ninja.

http://i.imgur.com/3T2NeUd.gif

Check out this cat playing fruit ninja.

http://i.imgur.com/3T2NeUd.gif

Soo much retard happening right now. Didn't even realise it was on a loop even though it was a gif.

If I was a little more sober, I'd find a gif for that kitteh that gets tickles LOL