Sign in to follow this  
A31Cefiro

SA swap meet

Taken from the buy/swap/sell thread where chris_c30 suggested we have an SA swap meet.

I suggested Lobethal - mainly because I f**king love the Lobie Bierhaus and want to molest it using it's buffalo wing sauce as lube, but also because people would get a hills run and we can all have beers and feed.

It doesn't have to be Lobie, or even in the hills but if nothing better is suggested then I'll start looking into it and try get a few businesses on board too. I'm also keeping in mind that I'm pit crewing at ARDC over the weekend of May 24th, then going to Hawaii for 2 mths the following weekend so would prefer something early in May.

Thoughts, suggestions, questions?

I've never been to a swap meet, just wondering how much stuff people bring along in their cars and whether a hillsie is recommended with a carload of parts.

But I'd be super keen and can even help out if you need extra hands organising things

keen, love swap meets! got a shit tonne of parts to get rid off!

Might need van to fit all my wheels and shit in woo. Early May is boo. Late April is woo. Hill run is woo. Hill run in van is boo.

So those are my opinions...

Hills run in my maverick is also boo. Would roll it on the first corner I go 30kmph around.

Keen as for a swap meet. Got so many parts I've hoarded over the years!!!

i think the point of this is more to get to know the sa members talk about our cars trade/sell parts, go for a casual cruise not drawing too much attention to ourselfs, then get a bite and a few beers rather then doing stupid shit and having the canarys out and flocking

Yeah I don't think I'm with you on that one... All about just swapping and selling parts...Nothing more.

Yeah we can socialize and grab a feed after but for it to be successful, the more parts the better and no one wants to drive a car packed to the brim in the hills.

Also, always thought that Gepps Cross drive ins would be an awesome spot for a car meet but even more awesome for a swap meet.

yeah i haven't done anything like this before sa needs some events, and Im up for gepps one night its all above board if someone can organise with the owners a time for them to open it up depending on how much interest we get

Chris, organize it :) :)

Haha i don't know if they'd let that happen i guess they host a market on Sunday mornings but it'll probably cost money to open up for a night or day, ill have to find out how much and then i guess everyone shows interest and pays a fee at the gate

I'm all for any location, I just like Lobie Bierhaus so try to organise shit in the vicinity of that place :)

Heres my suggestion: do it in the gepps cross home centre in the car park. Park your car open the boot up. Cops come close boot and walk to subway.

id like to organize gepps if the cost isnt too bad and if people are willing to pay entry at least that way were doing nothing suss and people are allot less likely to drive away with a canary, if we wanted a large carpark id do the parafield bunnings carpark but people in imports with there boots open at night time is sure to warrant police to search cars, it depends what everyone is cool with and if people arent gonna have a bad attitude towards the police

Swap meet is a good idea . Not keen on the hills as most people just want to buy and sell parts and chat to people.

Swap meet is a good idea . Not keen on the hills as most people just want to buy and sell parts and chat to people.

+1

Also a meet late at night is probably a bad idea from the get go.

Otherwise see if you can organise it across multiple forums, facebook, etc

Edited by TheApothecary

yeh really not keen on a late night car park especially with all the cctv and citizen vigilantes, would be nice to have a location during the day all above board

Gepps Cross Treasure Market on Sundays is $25 for sellers to bring in a car/van/ute. Already an established thing, so we could try either organise our own day there or jump on one of their days to start with and have our section with everybody lumped together and try grow it from that.

Downside is sellers start setting up from 5am, I can't see that happening for most of the members on here.

i dont think there would be enough room have you driven past that place on a sunday morning theres a line up on both sides of the road both roads! i dont think our people are that patient, if we do it there it would be really nice if we got some time saturday arvo before they set up the drive ins, also @ a31cefiro i do like your idea of a bit of a hills cruise then getting some food and drinks i think you should organise that for may or whenever your ready

That would be the most logical way to get it off the ground and probably see success however if only 4 or 5 people rock up with things to sell nothing will be bought, so an advanced date will help eveyone get their shit together.

Edited by brent47

well i have this week off so i might try and get into contact with the right people tomorrow and if theres something that can be organised ill try and organise it a couple of months in advance so it gives us time to advertise across forums/other social media

^ I've fired a message to Iron Chef about organising a public event at a park just in regards to any permits required or anything like that so I'll keep pursuing the hills/park angle and we'll see who comes up with what.

theres also a big area where they hold the circus near elizabeth shopping centre could possibly get a permit there

Imo dont mingle with gepps cross marker. Keep it aside. Also somewhere central would be good. The hills and parafield are a bit put the way from me yet most import people seem to live out modbury way or down south.

Also a31cefrio: member got-180 works at the beirhouse so he could probs help organise a meet up for lunch if we wanted to do a separate thing

theres also a big area where they hold the circus near elizabeth shopping centre could possibly get a permit there

Right near the 'bef cop shop though so may not be the most ideal location.

member got-180 works at the beirhouse so he could probs help organise a meet up for lunch if we wanted to do a separate thing

f**king score!

yeah thats true plenty cruising by, and wasnt planning on having it at the same time as the market that would be a mess

AJD crew are already in the throes of organising something, would probably be later on in the year though, unless you guys are desperate. I've got Shitbox Rally coming up, so I'm a bit busy with it until early May.