Sign in to follow this  
rednut_18

Project Ranga s14

Hi all

Probably time I started this build thread (yes loz you asked me to do it 6 months ago)

I bought my s14 in December 2011. It had a few mods already done to it

* body kit (hated that)

* wheels (18" by 8.5" +35 I think they were)

* FMIC

* Boost bleed valve

* 3" exhaust with centre muffler

It had a few rough points i.e

broken side skirt, rough as fark front bar. But was in otherwise good condition.

My General goals for this car was to do Targa Tasmania due to spending alot of time down there and falling in love with the race. But to also have a fun streeter that I could smash out track days in.

mods Since I've owned the car

complete Re bushing of the car (every bush was replaced)

Tien mono flex coils

cusco rear strut bar

nismo front strut bar

DBA 3000 s14 discs

NISMO power brace

NISMO GT 1.5 way Pro LSD

Carbon center dash surround (car came with broken ones)

NISMO Extended wheel nuts (wank Factor)

Nismo extended wheel studs

Bride Euro max seats

Z32 AFM (no longer run this)

Current wheels (24/03/13) drift techs 17" by 9.5 + 20 rear with 275's 17" by 9" +15 fronts with 245's

Haltech PS1000

Apexi Power Intake (don't recommend this had to do alot of work to it to make it work like it was supposed to)

Oil Cooler with back mounted 6" thermo fan

52mm radiator with 2 12" thermo fans (no longer run clutch fan so much more space)

GK Tech oil relocation kit

Gk Tech deep dish wheel

Gk Tech brake stopper

R33 GTR front discs

Gk Teck caliper extender

Gk teck Bash Plate

Gk Teck adjustable arms (all of them)

Braided lines

Defi water temp gauge

Drift boost gauge

drift oil temp gauge

drift oil pressure gauge

pos air fuel gauge car came with

project Mu club racer pads all round (bendex ultimates while having good initial bite ended up de laminating on the track bit of an o f**k moment)

behrman d1 gp pro spec full aero body kit -technora-type

Full 6 point weld in cage

RPM 6 point harnesses

H.I.D's

Parts to go on still

Gk Tech extended diff cover

big arse GT wing (only for track days)

R33 GTR Brembo's

GOD SR plates

Now what about the Engine I can hear you saying.

The Engine has been left to last for a reason, that being I wanted to make the car stop and turn before I screwed any power out of it.

The plan for the engine is 350kw at the wheels running anti lag (yes I am very awear of what it does to valves and other bits) and generally being SIIICCCKKK. Also looking at running OS Gilken internals in my gear box. Why not go rb25 I hear people screaming. Targa do not allow you to run a different gearbox the gearbox must remain the standard casing with the internals open to be modified.

Thats about it for now cant think of any other mods I've done to it theres probably a few.

So here's some Pics for you all to look at1st pic.jpg2nd pic.jpg3rd pic.jpg4th pic.jpg5.jpg5a.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg19.jpg20.jpg21.jpg22.jpg23.jpg24.jpg25.jpg26.jpg27.jpg29.jpg30.jpg31.jpg32.jpg33.jpg33.jpg34.jpg35.jpg36.jpg36.jpg37.jpg38.jpg

28.jpg

39.jpg

Also already on the car

jegs 555cc injectors

walbaro 255L in tank pump

Gk tech pod filter shroud

also still to go on

Greddy sump

Greddy Intake Plenum

NISMO low temp thermostat

ACL Lightened Pully kit

Good to see you finally on here!

be great to see it out at the next track day too....!

Quickie update, the cage was finished today. Cars off to paint in the morning. In a bit over a week the car should be all back together and back on the road :)

IMG_3427.jpg

Car arrived at the Paint shop today, Looking forward to getting it back on the road :)

ryan car.jpg

hi jake, cars just finishing up in the paint shop today, I get it back tomorrow and get to chuck everything back into it.

Love the wise square kit, so rare to find outside of Japan.

haha exactly how long did it take you to do the first post?

looks so aggressive, im sure it drives just as fast too.

Hey mate, you said that targa do not let you run a different gearbox, how would they know your running a RB25 box?

I love the Targa Tasmania race! :thumb:

I'm interested to know what class your aiming for to compete in Targa events? I've just finished Navigating in a evo7 class8 late modern ( near stock basically ) and i can tell you finishing the event has nothing to do with outright speed, more reliability and preservation to make it to the end of day 5.

Love the wise square kit, so rare to find outside of Japan.

As far as I know I'm the only one in Aus with this kit (genuine) they said they would let me know if they sold any others

haha exactly how long did it take you to do the first post?

soooooooo long

Hey mate, you said that targa do not let you run a different gearbox, how would they know your running a RB25 box?

I love the Targa Tasmania race! thumb.gif

due to the fact that I dont drift it an OS gear set should survive if not ill be off to strait cut gears, last thing I want after all this effort is for them to turn around and say no you cant run it.

I'm interested to know what class your aiming for to compete in Targa events? I've just finished Navigating in a evo7 class8 late modern ( near stock basically ) and i can tell you finishing the event has nothing to do with outright speed, more reliability and preservation to make it to the end of day 5.

modified modern

I do aim to do world time attack as well so, Im over doing alot of thing so it will be reliable

quicky update

just put all the windows in, got one seat belt left to put in and the cars back on the road :)

see you all at all stars

more and more stuff about to happen in this build, also about to start a second build just in case i didnt have enough to do. Yes Loz Ill start a thread for this one as I start it.

969144_279407692199229_499898570_n.jpg

New seats in the 14 Bride Gardis III

no more coming out of the seats in high speed cornors for me.

Seats look good, I'm looking for a pair of SR3/SR4's personally. Coming along well.

Thinking should get some form of spoiler though, ducktail or aero (my opinion)

Seats look good, I'm looking for a pair of SR3/SR4's personally. Coming along well.

Thinking should get some form of spoiler though, ducktail or aero (my opinion)

I have a gt wing to go on it but that's only for track days so going to slap that onto a carbon boot lid.

Would have made more progress on it in the last few weeks but I had to strip and rebuild the drift car. (Thread redracings drift piggy)

Looking good Ryan, gt wing and carbon boot lid sounds awesome

not much more to post on this, put some new wheels on it (enkei rpf1's) umm last go round QR managed a 1:01.002 and did a head gasket....... so going to do what I said I never would and spend money on this motor... trying to break the 60sec barrier before the built motor goes in..... 1274541_307560156050649_1225585707_o.jpg

This car has just gone into the shop for a bit of a birthday so hopefully I'll have it hiding from Mr Newman in my garage again soon.

(reason for me outsourcing the work this time is I have two cars that require alot of work so this one has gone to special school while the dirty two gets home schooled)

969144_279407692199229_499898570_n.jpg New seats in the 14 Bride Gardis III no more coming out of the seats in high speed cornors for me.

did you get a mod plate for the seats ?

969144_279407692199229_499898570_n.jpg New seats in the 14 Bride Gardis III no more coming out of the seats in high speed cornors for me.

did you get a mod plate for the seats ?

yeah all is mod plated

couple developments on this, was having mass overheating issues due to tiered old head bolts and head gasket,

sooooooo

the car is now sporting new ARP head studs, new head gasket, new water pump new oil pump, new complete timing kit, GKtech copper core rad, new genuine AU thermo fan set up, GKtech extended diff annnnd nismo engine and box mounts.

The car also went in for a tune (matty spry from PITS) cant recommend the guy enough. On its old Mercury tune (yes I was a dick and got them to tune it last time) it made 160kw..... back firing and carrying on as it has done since they touched it. With matty's tune it made 183kw lol no mods different to the old tune.

Hopefully now the car is actually running properly I'll finally be able to crack into the 59 sec bracket around QR.

Once I'm sub 1 min the real fun can begin with the engine and box build.

what did you think of the gktech radiator? ive been considering it since the brought them out....