Sign in to follow this  
AE86557

Slowvia s14

The goal for my car is to basically get a 1:05 around wakefield park in full street trim.

No half cage or full roll cage

Complete interior and accessories

all bolt on modifications to push the chassis to its limits as street legal as possible.

I take inspiration from the 1990s of the Japanese tuning scene (the time when street dragging a.k.a street racing was at its peak) where they would build monster cars from daily street cars doing 9 second passes 1/4 mile still in full street trim. That is how street cars should be but sadly times has changed and for most of it for the worse it seems.

dsc3525c.jpg

dsc3567.jpg

40316610151402712383261.jpg

48005710151402712378261.jpg

New PB

img1292zt.jpg

Nissan S14

Stock ECU

8-9 psi boost

unknown brand FMIC

dodgy Pea shooter DIY exhaust 2.5" for more dose and back pressure

if its not mentioned here its stock

Buddyclub racing spec coilovers

Hardrace harden bush adjustable castor rod

unknown brand rear camber arm

all other suspension arms stock

255/40/17, used Federals RSR from 2010

full complete interior

Evo brembo brakes - Fronts, stock pads

RDA dimpled Evo rotors

stock s14 rear brakes, stock pads

stock 5 speed gbox with 4th crunching

Shimmed R200 diff, 4.083 ratio

no wheel alignment on the car since installed coilovers and caster rod, car pulls to the left.

Car weight, heavier then stock because of all these add on mods, 1210kg+.

Edited by AE86557

What. You telling us there wont be weekly "new wheels and moar low" updates?? ERMAHGERD!!!

Byebye peashooter, you will be missed

picked up a Fujitsubo cat back exhaust from a s15 over the weekend by accident (near brand new by the looks of things), not sure which model it is yet but so far its looks to be a legalis R, but might be a power getter too, will have to double check markings and serial numbers as we installed it straight away due to over excitement lol.

its as quiet as the pea shooter, a bit louder when past 5000rpm but only just so its no difference to ears, but performance wise is of coarse outstanding.

its revs cleanly all the way to red line now.

cant go wrong with Fujitsubo for performance and street use in the one.

Also got a Greddy 13 row oil cooler core and braided lines, have to find the spare Greddy oil block adopter to use otherwise will have to buy a new one if its lost which most likely is, not too happy about that since it wasn't mine

not suppose to be spending money on the car but a good bargain is a good bargain and free shit like the oil cooler core and braided lines is a no brainier lol

How it looks

img1307tu.jpg

just installed this DIY custom BM stopper 5min ago

img1315zm.jpg

got some fiber glass side skirts. basically free and for temporary use until i can afford Navans or Kouki aero skirts. Car does look better with side skirts

Oh and their TRUST branded as the label shows under the layers of fiber glass on the back..

img1324pg.jpg

img1326jd.jpg

It's great you want to achieve what you can with a 'street' car. But get a cage, not for less street cred, but to save your life. Also add a decent seat/harness and HANS device so that way you've got better chance of coming out in one piece if things go wrong.

A 1.05 is seriously fast for street trim! I'm with Mase on this one. I'd be looking into at least a fix back seat and harness. Wakefield tends to be one the safer tracks but accident still can happen. You could easily dip into the 6's just by sorting your suspension setup a lot better with all the arms and upgrading all the bushes not to mention a proper alignment. Get some track specific pads and do lines and fluids at the same time to make a huge difference to your braking. Don't get caught up in the whole power debate as my 180 ran a 8.4 on factory boost. PLus its alot more fun when your car actually works instead of blowing things up. Oh and get some rocker arm stoppers before you mis shift and blow the rocker arms off

I love what you are doing especially with the 90's "theme", Im doing the same thing with my S13.

I dont usually subscribe to thread but I am to this one :thumb:

another photo of my last track day

mdoelik.jpg

picked this up an hour ago off a mate when we did a small group buy

3 core radiator, cheap ebay stuff, no big deal

img1337cc.jpg

not having a cage is an advantage for speed, less weight. it also helps you die if you stack it. get a f**king cageeeee

Jesus calm down a bit, the car isn't even fast yet. Cage will come when the car becomes faster and thats not going to be anytime soon. Funny how people who have cages on street cars don't even see the tracks.

Jesus calm down a bit, the car isn't even fast yet. Cage will come when the car becomes faster and thats not going to be anytime soon. Funny how people who have cages on street cars don't even see the tracks.

So you cant roll a stock car? Interesting theory you have.

well then maybe i should just stop tracking my car before i flip it and kill myself.

moving along now so going to NSCC track day (without a cage, step back badass over here i know :wheelchair: ), hope to see some fast Silvias out there. Will be a change from seeing slow silvias and fast hondas

i dont think i'll beat 1:11 as im going to use the same tyres ive been driving on since my last track day, but i'll be happy if i put down a 1:11 on Natsoft.com

i should also get a wheel alignment as the car is still all over the place since i installed these coilovers, close to 6-7 moths driving with unknown wheel alignment :hammer:

brakes needs a touch up as they were only working half the time at the tracks, and i still managed to not flip my car and a new PB :wtf1:

enough with the trolling, time to make sure i dont flip my car before track day :shades:

well then maybe i should just stop tracking my car before i flip it and kill myself.

moving along now so going to NSCC track day (without a cage, step back badass over here i know :wheelchair: ), hope to see some fast Silvias out there. Will be a change from seeing slow silvias and fast hondas

i dont think i'll beat 1:11 as im going to use the same tyres ive been driving on since my last track day, but i'll be happy if i put down a 1:11 on Natsoft.com

i should also get a wheel alignment as the car is still all over the place since i installed these coilovers, close to 6-7 moths driving with unknown wheel alignment :hammer:

brakes needs a touch up as they were only working half the time at the tracks, and i still managed to not flip my car and a new PB :wtf1:

enough with the trolling, time to make sure i dont flip my car before track day :shades:

I couldn't give a f**k if you get a cage or not, I'm not even suggesting you should get one. I'm just pointing out the stupidity in thinking that because you haven't done heaps of mods you won't roll your car.

Regardless of that I like where you're going with the build.

hahaha 100% i'll never roll my car

and holy batman balls, http://www.wakefieldpark.com.au/events/nsw-time-attack.. waiting to see what the regulations are for the Street Attack.

Regardless think i'll sign up anyways and drive even if i come last. cant afford a race team but i can afford $300 to be part of an event like this.

and holy batman balls, http://www.wakefield...w-time-attack.. waiting to see what the regulations are for the Street Attack.

Regardless think i'll sign up anyways and drive even if i come last. cant afford a race team but i can afford $300 to be part of an event like this.

It's good to see someone that can see the future. How do you roll a car on a wet skid pan? It's happens man, there called accidents and they happen due to not having control / something unsuspected happening. Like the car and what your trying to do, in the same boat as Bangaladesh - It could happen.

How do I sig this. Famous last words!. The day you wish you had a cage is too late. I've seen a E36 325i with minor mods go into the inside wall hard at T1. Punctured lung, broken wrist, broken ankle and knee damage along with massive bruising. That car was far from fast running 2.07's around the GP circuit. Do you even run a fixed back seat and a harness?

Agree about the cage but ease up on the guy!

You will change your mind once you really start driving the car with big balls and throwing if into corners and hanging on for dear life!!

Try taking the kink at Wakefield at around 200km/h without braking before hand and then think about whether you need a cage..... Lol

1:05 at Wakefield is seriously moving and is achievable with both a very modified car or a mildly modified car - all comes down to the driver as to what car they need.

Shit happens in motorsport man. Pretty sure you would be faster than a mini.... May cost you 3k but how many weeks off work will it cost you. Don't take all this the wrong way mate we're all here to help and concerned for your safety. Absolutely nothing against you or your car (great build which i've been watching even before moving to this section) but you can't put a price on life or a permanent disability.

Not sure when everyone decided it was their duty to tell him what to do. He never asked. Rather than discussing aspects of his vehicle setup/driving style/ambitions you guys just bang on about accidents FFS. STFU and go start a thread about track safety. Don't ruin this thread (or the ongoing contributions by the OP).

End rant.

AE86557 - Props for just getting involved and sharing with us. I look forward to more updates on what worked and what didnt.

so the girlfriend got me a genuine brand new Nardi Classic to suit my 90s theme. Best

img1361vk.jpg

img1363pr.jpg

The boss kit she bought doesn't quiet suit the nardi horn so using the boss kit horn for the time being, looks decent so will just leave it for now.

so the girlfriend got me a genuine brand new Nardi Classic to suit my 90s theme. Best

img1361vk.jpg

img1363pr.jpg

The boss kit she bought doesn't quiet suit the nardi horn so using the boss kit horn for the time being, looks decent so will just leave it for now.

The wheel looks very nice but get rid of that supercheap auto horn hahahaha

Freaken awesome. Kinda goes back to all the classics being modded period style - 90s cars should stay modded 90s style + functionality and performance in mind.

Good to see a car like this, amongst all the stance, hardpark, lifestyle, wheel, stickerbomb, ghetto, roof rack and other stuff thats so popular lately with blogs and hipsters

My fav S14 of all time is the white Kei Office "Drift Bible" car. Simple looks, simple mods and excellent well balanced performance without any unnecessary abovementioned fluff

Edited by junkie

Thanks Junkie

to be honest i never really considered an S14 out of the silvias but coming from an AE86 background it was only natural to follow in the "Drift kings" foot step.. so in saying that my next car after this will be a NSX..lol i wish!

but yeah Kei Office S14 is too cool

Not sure when everyone decided it was their duty to tell him what to do. He never asked. Rather than discussing aspects of his vehicle setup/driving style/ambitions you guys just bang on about accidents FFS. STFU and go start a thread about track safety. Don't ruin this thread (or the ongoing contributions by the OP).

End rant.

AE86557 - Props for just getting involved and sharing with us. I look forward to more updates on what worked and what didnt.

Well this is the motorsport build section! Haha

Seriously though, I did trackdays in my 180 for 8 years and never rolled, trackdays are quite different to WTW racing remember lads. If you can stay within your ability, prepare your car properly and steer clear of the numpties (assume everyone is a numptie) and you should be fine.

Tim

ps motorsport is dangerous!

Edited by dollar80

Went to get a wheel alignment after work today, car has not received one since ive owned the car, i installed new coilovers, new castor rod, went to wakefiled with no alignment, got a 1:11.

Anyways so the alignment machine showed that the camber were even at the fronts and even on the rears, toe was all over the place and castor, left was +8.5 and right was +6.5.

front

-4 camber, surprised the Feds RSR has no harsh camber wear yet after 5months of street driving! lol

+6.5 castor, both sides even now

-1 toe out, -0.5 each side

rear camber is something like -1.5 each side, left toe arm is a little bent and didn't really pay attention so forgot the reading, right is stock and not bent.

anyways with this new setup, massive front turn in improvement, so much that the car was clearly oversteering, it felt like a drift setup, the rear end was just getting washed out straight while the front was turning in, so easy to loose the rear end, NOT what i wanted but not much can be done on the rear until i get more adjustable rear arms.

I did overcome this within a few minutes with less mid corner steering input, im straightening up early then i did before which counter out the rear oversteer which also in theory should make for fast corner exit, like they say best mod is improving your driving skills.

now to test this at up coming NSCC track day lol.

Edited by AE86557

haha Im amazed how many guys, not only you, go out and do track days without doing wheel alignments! Such an important part of car set-up yet people dont do them!!! You can drive the car so much better and really understand what it is doing and what needs to improve. Where did you get it done at?

I cant make the NSCC day, I was hoping to come down and spectate but wont make it. There great days to attend.

i use JAX liverpool since i only live down the road from them, top blokes but they can get really busy at time, but in saying that they know a little more then the usual JAX or bob jane tyre shops. I basically watch them with my eagle eye and just tell them the specs i want while the car is on the machine and they'll just dial it in for me with no issues.

my BM57 BMC should be here sometime soon, that reminds me need to sus out braided lines for the brakes before track day too

Coming from drifting, and now having actually done a grip day i stand by you'd have to be the biggest nuppty to even crash doing sprints or something.

Good choice on street style! I got waylaid into other shit def not for the best.

Edited by frenchie1001

Sign in to follow this