Sign in to follow this  
Black Widow

"Monique" the S13

So, I've finally got myself another silvia, and i'm finally getting around to uploading pics, and telling it's story.

Bought it December last year from a member on here. Was just a standard, NA, Auto, CA18. Had 177,000kms on it. Was going to be the perfect daily for me. We looked it over (admittedly, we clearly overlooked a few things which in the end cost me big time), but overall, we were relatively happy.

Picked the car up from Chatswood. Got it to Lithgow (an hour a way). Car broke down. Had to get it towed to Bathurst.

Took it to get checked out.

Somewhere along the way, the plug from the bottom of the radiator had been lost, and in turn cooked 2 cylinders. It was leaking more oil than a siv,and the exhaust manifold had a crack in it. Front struts were gone, tie rods were gone. It was a mess.

It then sat, as I considered my next move. Whether I simply swap the CA for another, and use it to save money, so that I could eventually do a conversion, or do I just go for broke and build it now?

Found a cheap Blacktop SR with manual box for sale. Bought it.

Took it to the shop in Bathurst that was doing the conversion for me.

It's taken a few months to get it back, and it's still not completely finished, but it's getting there. So far I've replaced:

Radiator (replaced with a quality alloy one)

Walbro fuel pump was installed

Diff was replaced with a shimmed R200

MCA Blue Series coil overs are being installed

custom exhaust being welded in the next week.

In the near future, I'm going to be looking at:

Respray (bit of rust evident which I'd like to get rid of)

HID's

New dash (crack in this one)

Gate

brake upgrade

wheels

and maybe some clear tail lights.

Still tossing up whether to do a 5stud conversion on it

The goal for this car is basically just to be a nice, clean street car, with the odd track day here and there. And will definitely be attending some meets! So if you happen to see it, come say hey! Keen on getting back in to the scene and meeting some peeps!

IMG_2180.JPG

IMG_2181.JPG

IMG_2182.JPG

IMG_2183.JPG

IMG_2184.JPG

Nice project, Would love to own another s13 again :hug:

gorgeous, love it, I want the same paint as you, hook us up if you ever sell the steering wheel.

Thanks guys.

Well, exhaust has been done by a member on here - ALLW3T. I'll upload some pics. Went with a different choice of tip - 3" dump tip. Wasn't keen on going for a cannon, and didn't want straight pipes just yet ;P Sounds unreal, and doesn't give you a headache when cruising.

Still waiting on the coilovers. There was a delay in MCA receiving them, but hopefully getting them this week.

I've parked the car again, after only having it back for a few weeks. Not entirely confident in the standard of work that was carried out during the conversion, so i'm draining all the fluids out of it, changing hoses, filters, the thermostat. At least this way I know everything is 100% and that it's been done.

Currently online buying:

Nismo Gear Knob

Crystal tail lights (not sure if to go smoked or clear yet)

GTR grill

I'm going to paint the calipers, and just get it cleaned up all round. Looking at doing a brake upgrade. Not sure whether to go all out and go 5-stud and new wheels, or simply upgrade to slotteds/decent pads

Ok,

So i've pretty much worked out that either the car, or me, are cursed.

Did a service on it...

Checked the plugs, found oil on the wall of the plug well...told it was valve cover gasket...replaced it..all good (also told could've been sign of turbo failure, but went with the cheapest option as process of elimination).

Couldnt get the filter off, took forever to be able to find one of those claw type filter wrenches. Drove me mental.

Finally got it off. Everything was good, finished the oil change.

Started it. Strange noise on acceleration...thought potentially because it had been starved of oil..didn't go away...

Thought possible turbo failure because I had been told before there was shaft play in it, and that that's what the noise sounded like it could be (to best describe it, its a similar noise to when you're reversing - that whining type noise..only when revs increase).

Drove it to work this morning, noise went away after driving for a while.. (obviously still going to get the turbo checked as I'm leaving it here at work to have some other stuff done)

Turn in to the street work is in, start hearing a clunking noise...yet to put the car on a hoist..but I'll assume CV boot/shaft....

Either way, this car is turning in to more trouble than its worth, given the half job the workshop did on the conversion...

But since I last updated, it's had clear tail lights, nismo gear knob, and a genuine gear boot put on it...

Another Stock turbo is $100 and takes an hour to put on ..

Mate, its not so much the money...it's just I'm sick of fixing it. I just wanna drive it lol.

I've owned the car 6 months...been driven for about a week lol.

But yeah I'm looking at putting a T28 on it...as long as that's whats wrong with it

Looking good mate! I just bought an S13 again aswell. The car looks good!

Look forward to some updates.

Looking good mate! I just bought an S13 again aswell. The car looks good! Look forward to some updates.

Thanks man.

Probably wont post much on here (might link to JDMST every now and then)...but yeah will keep you updated for sure.