Sign in to follow this  
Gurglar

S15 splutters when first driven

Everytime I drive my S15 after first starting it when you get to a cruising speed it stutters every now and then and slows down. Doesn't stutter when accelerating and after you have driven for a little while it stops and drives fine from then on.

Also having the problem of when it heats up when you come to a stop the rpm drops and sometimes even stalls.

Now would both these problems be related to the IAC valve or whats else could cause it?

Also sometimes when you go to start it after driving it somewhere it starts then dies and when you restart it it takes a few more kicks to get it to turn over.

Only mods to the car are:

Front mount (blocked BOV)

POD

Exhaust

Walbro fuel pump

I've done all those mods myself and the car has had this problem since I bought it when it was complete stock.

If it's spluttering/dying while driving it won't have anything to do with IACV unless you are completely off the throttle. Had a fuel pressure gauge on it?

Play with the iacv it helped mine the revs used to fluctuate allot after being on the throttle and coming to a stop

start with the easy and obvious....replaced the fuel filter? checked for a vac/boost leak? checked the condition of the o2 sensor?

Its just been serviced with a brand new fuel filter, wouldn't a vac/boost leak make it drive horrible all the time?

Haven't actually checked the O2 sensor though.

Like I said though its only when you first drive it when the car is still warming up.

What does your coolant temp sensor read at?

Everytime I drive my S15 after first starting it when you get to a cruising speed it stutters every now and then and slows down. Doesn't stutter when accelerating and after you have driven for a little while it stops and drives fine from then on.

Also having the problem of when it heats up when you come to a stop the rpm drops and sometimes even stalls.

Now would both these problems be related to the IAC valve or whats else could cause it?

I had the exact same problem i know exactly what u mean i was so fustrated i wouldnt even drive my car coz it was so annoying i still have it but its minimal now all i did was get rid of a vaccum leak and change my 02 sensor that kind of helped but never got rid of it exactly hope u get it fixed if so pm me about it good luck

considering the car is still trying to warm up,could be driver error? lol

My S14 does the same if i drive it straight away without letting it sit on idle unti it gets some temp into the engine, it will stutter and choke within the first mintue of driving in any gear at any revs, i dont rev it past 3500rpm because of this or just let it idle and warm up properly before driving.

Unplug the 02 sensor and go for a other drive once it's cooled down

Sounds temperature related, i would start with water temp sensor