Sign in to follow this  
Pervy

COD: Ghosts

original.jpg

Activision’s annual blockbuster military shooter returns in November with Call of Duty: Ghosts. In addition to this debut teaser trailer, the game is getting an “exclusive first look” at Microsoft’s event for the next-generation Xbox on May 21.

In a news release, Call of Duty: Ghosts was announced for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC and “will also be available for next generation platforms”, which would include the PS4. No mention was made of a Wii U version.

The game is back in the hands of the series’ creator, Infinity Ward. “Everyone was expecting us to makeModern Warfare 4, which would have been the safe thing to do,” Mark Rubin, the studio’s executive producer, said in a statement. “We saw the console transition as the perfect opportunity to start a new chapter for Call of Duty. So we’re building a new sub-brand, a new engine, and a lot of new ideas and experiences for our players.”

Don Mattrick, president of Microsoft’s Xbox division, joined the statement released by Activision, saying that Call of Duty “has firmly established its home on the Xbox 360 with the game’s largest and most engaged community.”

If Call of Duty is going on stage with Microsoft on May 21, that probably means Respawn Entertainment’s shooter — rumoured to be a next Xbox exclusive — won’t be revealed at the same event, as that would make for a palpably awkward appearance. Respawn was started by the Infinity Ward founders Vince Zampella and Jason West in 2010, after an acrimonious departure from Activision that culminated in a multimillion-dollar lawsuit settled a year ago this month.

Still, having close ties to both Call of Duty and a rival is a plus for Microsoft, said to be behind on producing its own content for the new console.

“Everyone was expecting us to makeModern Warfare 4, which would have been the safe thing to do"

so thats what they did.

That was a pretty shit trailer, didn't get me excited at all.

Also I'm willing to bet the "new engine" that they have made is going to be for next gen only.

I still laugh that my one mate who is all 'against the system' and has no money and yet always buys these absolute jokes every year without fail. Looks shit as usual.

Are you saying their teaser looks shit as usual, or the actual game? ...because they really haven't shown the game yet...

Well yeah, the teaser of course haha, it didn't do much for me. The only CODs I got into were MW1 and BLOPS1, ever since the re-hashes have been horrible.

i got lost on MW3. loved MW2 was a bit meh with black ops though.

i am really looking forward to this. i massively enjoy cod.

If its actually a new engine ill jump on it. Otherwise it'll be Battlefield 4

Edited by Ghettobean

The activision COD's have always been shmeh

They're all Activision COD - Activision owns the franchise, Infinity Ward and Treyarch rotate development cycles.

MW2 was the last fun one.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/08/07/ign-live-presents-call-of-duty-ghosts-multiplayer-reveal

Multiplayer reveal videos have been released

Ghosts Perks List:

Speed:

1. *Quickdraw - Faster Aim Down Sight

2. Sleight of Hand – reload faster

2. Agility – Allows you to move and sprint faster than normal

2. Extreme Conditioning – Gives you the ability to sprint 2x times longer than normal

2. Stalker - move faster while ADS

Handling:

1. Strong Arm - Allows you to throw equipment farther

2. On The Go - Reload while sprinting

2. Fast Swap - Switch weapons faster

2. Steady aim – increased hip-fire accuracy

2. *Dexterity – shoot quicker after sprint

Stealth:

1. Takedown - No skull icon for enemy team after you kill an enemy

2. Blind Eye - provides stealth against killstreaks

2. Off the Grid - Can't be detected by radar

2. Dead Silence – make less/no noise

2. Cold Blooded - no red name when targeted, immune to thermal scopes

Awareness:

1. Recon - paints enemyies on map

2. Scavenger – resupply

2. Sitrep – detect enemy equipment

2. Awareness – hear enemies easier

2. Hardwired – immune to counter-UAV

Resistance:

1. No Fall Damage - Less/no fall damage

2. Painkiller – increased health regen

2. Toughness – less flinch when shot

2. Tac Resist – increased flash/concussion resistance

2. Blast Shield/Flak Jacket – increased explosives resistance

Equipment:

1. Extra Tactical – Extra tactical item

2. Extra Lethal - Extra Lethal item

2. Extra Ammo - Extra Ammo

2. Extra Attachment - Three attachments on primary weapon

3. Danger Close – increased explosive damage

Elite:

1. Double Down – Take two of the same perk

2. Hardline – earn Killstreaks quicker

2. Ping - UAV sweep after killing an enemy showing their teammates in a close radius.

3. Overkill – choose two primary weapons

5. Deadeye - On a streak, get extra bullet damage. (5 streak i think)

Here is a shitload of gameplays from the reveal.

http://www.charliein...eos-on-youtube/

No deathstreaks

No theatre mode

Snipers takes some skill to use

They really dropped the ball on MW3, they seem to be heading in the right direction now.

Edited by ChiefStudly

No doubt they will make it for console again and make the PC version shit...

The pre release gameplay looks really good like a hd version of what cod4 looks like. Tejbs has a few videos up on hit yt channel

Yeah, but PC gets the best Battlefield

Apparently Dice has confirmed 64 player support and 60FPS for XB1 and PS4 for BF4. I'm still getting the PC version though.

Great news about the dedicated server support for XB1. About damn time.

Microsoft have claimed they have 300 000 servers dedicated for the XboxOne through the Azure network.

Pretty much every major (multiplayer) game on the new platforms will have dedicated servers that use the Azure cloud so P2P gaming is pretty much dead after the current gen dies out.

PS4 will probably announce something similar soon.

Edited by ChiefStudly

Sony have announced that if you purchase the PS3 version of Ghosts, you can upgrade to the PS4 version for only $10.

Yeah ebGames are doing $50 trade ins on current to next gen trades. Still, I'd rather just wait haha

Wow, just when I thought IW/Treyarch couldn't get lazier.

COD has been bad for a while and after playing this on 360 it is safe to say that trend is continuing.

The talent that made games like MW1 and 2 have been gone for years now and its showing.

The fact that there is STILL one hit kill snipers that require next to no aiming (anything above the knee = dead) is just f**king stupid.

at least in BF they have to compensate for drop.

last good COD game was BLOPS 1, and only barely.

They need to stop dropshotters. It's getting way outta hand now

COD has been bad for a while and after playing this on 360 it is safe to say that trend is continuing.

The talent that made games like MW1 and 2 have been gone for years now and its showing.

The fact that there is STILL one hit kill snipers that require next to no aiming (anything above the knee = dead) is just f**king stupid.

They'll probably start nerfing them soon

I gave up on the series after BLOPS 2.

BF4 and Killzone: Shadow Fall will give me my fps fix anyway.

Treyarch had nothing to do with this game, for the most part their last 2 titles (Black ops 1 and 2) have been really well done compared to MW3 and Ghosts. Would actually prefer Activision drop Infinity Ward all together.