Sign in to follow this  
dangles

when to shift on t28bb

Hey guys,

Got munched by probably an na pulsar.

Lol, when do I shift it feels flat after like 5.5k , do I shift when at the peak of the turbo spooling or at the end of the rev range.

No worries anyways, im getting a t518z and cams hoping for 260kw response so these p platers will know their place lol

^all jokes mostly

Even with a stoxk turbo and a bit more boost you literally have double the power already

Either something is f**ked or your a dud

Yeah, I also find Pulsars are a bit too quick for a John Deere, so I mostly stick to Excels and Barinas. Shift on redline for maximum respect. If you can hit limiter, even better.

Hey guys,

Got munched by probably an na pulsar.

Lol, when do I shift it feels flat after like 5.5k , do I shift when at the peak of the turbo spooling or at the end of the rev range.

No worries anyways, im getting a t518z and cams hoping for 260kw response so these p platers will know their place lol

^all jokes mostly

Not sure how a SR20DET lost to a N/A Pulsar, even with crap shifting dafuq?

WTF dude - i own a NA with over 325k on the clock and smash pulsars easy shift 1st 3k 2... whatever feels right and 3 flog it out then kick it - no cams or tune just a good clutch and box...

you might want to check out your clutch aint slipping hard man because you sould leave them for dead in reverse aye!!

USER ERROR

must have been an LS1 pulsar ;)

despite the flat spot, you should shift at the end, so you land within the powerband in the next gear.

anyway, i'll hit max boost by 3500rpm - doesn't mean that I have max power at 3500. I still have the same ~11 psi at 7000, and power is a function of torque and rpm. work it out..

Nah s15 sr20det japspec t28bb. 193kw tuned by powertune but then I lost the boost controller settings lol.

It might be the settings that I lost or stock clutch is slipping.. or maybe even a boost leak

Honestly when boost kicks in it feels good. But it doesnt hold till red line I find that I have to shift at 5000rpm

Now thinking of it, there are symptoms of a slipping clutch

Beat your meat whilst beating Pulsars. Sexy.

Nah not the clutch, prettyy sure its now a boost leak

Boost seems to jump from 0.7 bar straight to 1 bar without substantial pull and stops reads 1 bar all the way till redline with no real pull.

Does that sound like a boost leak?

Check ignition timing. Both blacktops I've had running in 180's had the CAS retarded. REALLY SMOOTH from idle onwards, pulls really good from below 2000rpm, but really flat after 4000. Adjust CAS back to standard marks and motor breathes fine from 2000-7000.

Or check blocked cat, blocked muffler, etc.

granny shifting not double clutching like you should

LOL this is actually funny. Something is def wrong with your car or your driving.

It's gonna feel abit like boost isn't doin much high in the rev range cause they are only a small turbo but 5000rpm old mate probably didn't even think you were racing haha

You never had your car.

Never had the Pulsar either.

dude you sure its NA pulsar??? if u got nailed by NA then it kinda f*** up :hammer: how long u had the car for?

193rwkw on s13 chasis enough to keep up or beat stock 2ltr turbo anyday.

Well if we're going to troll...

PulsarWin_zpsc81549ff.jpg

Edited by pmod

its not how you stand by your car its how you race your car

this has to be the funniest thread.LOL>

on another note.. fix ya shit sonn, and chop dat pulsar

I suggest having your car looked at. I got beaten at a set of lights by a new model N/A Corrola after installing a full exhaust and T28bb on my Redtop. I quickly learnt I needed a tune however you state you have had a tune hence your car is a bucket and you should sell it to me.

T518z might be a bit small, I'd be looking at least 300rwkw to beat P Platers. When I was running 260 in my 180, I juuust couldn't pass V6 commodores.

T518z might be a bit small, I'd be looking at least 300rwkw to beat P Platers. When I was running 260 in my 180, I juuust couldn't pass V6 commodores.

lol dont most v6 commys have like 170 at the wheels