Sign in to follow this  
GHOSTY

United Australian Party

I'll remind you all that this is the same chappy that said EA can't possibly stuff up Sim City tongue.png

36742054.jpg

as for the gun laws that Howard changed i think they worked for the better. a hunter doesnt need a semi or full auto too shoot a roo, fox, pig etc.

Exactly.

If you are a professional hunter or shooter you can still get semi-auto firearms. Also almost every pistol you cad get with H class is double action aka semi-auto.

Except pistols are less accurate at range, harder to rapidly acquire moving targets, have a smaller charge and smaller magazine capacity.

Less accurate at range is thing you got right there...

Well smaller charge I guess that depends on what ypu mean. A .45 at 600fps will kill you just as quick as a .45 at 1400fps will.

as for the gun laws that Howard changed i think they worked for the better. a hunter doesnt need a semi or full auto too shoot a roo, fox, pig etc.

Exactly.

If you are a professional hunter or shooter you can still get semi-auto firearms. Also almost every pistol you cad get with H class is double action aka semi-auto.

Except pistols are less accurate at range, harder to rapidly acquire moving targets, have a smaller charge and smaller magazine capacity.

Less accurate at range is thing you got right there...

Well smaller charge I guess that depends on what ypu mean. A .45 at 600fps will kill you just as quick as a .45 at 1400fps will.

Not always. Lower speed means less penetrating power, so less things to hide behind.

It also means less kinetic energy being transferred to a target. The higher kinetic energy can change a non fatal wound in the torso to a fatal one.

And we cant forget handguns dont have the option of bigger magazines.

:edit:

Restricting high powered firearms will not stop people killing a couple of people, and the law was never meant to achieve that. What it does is reduce the killing capacity of one individual so that mass shootings are rare and result in much fewer deaths.

Edited by Chappy

I personally don't have a problem with the firearms people are still able to obtain... Basically around the Port Arthur massacre occurance Semi and Full Automatic weapons were figured to be unnecessary to own as a civillian..

So hunters are still fine with rights, and we don't have the problem like America do with people getting used to owning these weapons and THEN having to try reduce the numbers once everyone was comfortable with them.

GST was alright aswell, 10% on everything makes my worklife easier.

I'm fine with the restrictions on firearms in this country, but the legislation is retarded. The whole process is super-expensive for no real reason, and [in NSW] applies the same restrictions to paintball/airsoft guns as well as actual firearms. Good luck getting a gun safe installed in a rental apartment.

As for GST, well by a wide margin it's the worst taxation law for the general public that could be conceived, like its UK predecessor VAT. Hits everything and anything, including products and services upon which the government could never previously justify taxation. Best tax for the Government to raise revenue, worst tax for the public to grow their personal wealth with the exception of the wealthy, as the goods/services that experienced a reduced sales tax were electronics, cars and luxury items. I will also say that although 10% on everything might be convenient for you, having dealt with technical support and consultancy for ERP software for a long time, it has in no way simplified tax calculation for most businesses. If anything, it's simply made it harder.

Returning to the topic, no, I would never vote for the UAP. If a party promises it will tighten up the immigration policy, jack the mining tax up to at least 60% to bring it more in line with Europe, and loosen the ridiculous stranglehold of equal-opportunity laws on Civil Service employment, it will certainly catch my attention. Anyone who has dealt with Public sector jobs will know where I'm coming from with that last point; huge amounts of time and money are wasted to seem 'fair' and screen or retain unemployable candidates. Clive Palmer just wants to line his and his friend's wallets a little more, like how Howard introduced E10 fuel to boost his brother's stakes in the the sugarcane industry.

Edited by pmod

Clive Palmer just wants to line his and his friend's wallets a little more, like how Howard introduced E10 fuel to boost his brother's stakes in the the sugarcane industry.

I bet Howard benefited greatly from E10, but we can't forget that it was Krudd who wanted to make E10 compulsory.

Edited by Chappy

Compulsory how? As in, every car should run on it? Or every servo should have it?

Compulsory how? As in, every car should run on it? Or every servo should have it?

Every servo should have it.

There was a period where finding non E10 unleaded that isn't premium in Sydney was near impossible.

Not so bad since Krudd got knifed the first time.

:edit:

I should add, not only were they required to have it, but most servos had E10 in place of normal unleaded. If you had a car that could not run E10, you had to buy premium.

Edited by Chappy

Palmer is just one of those got rich quick billionaires that wants to play with the other billionaires.. Problem is that he doesnt have the true power base like Murdoch or the like. He wants the power base, and how easier to get it than having his own political party.

Fuck voting for him and his ideas.