Sign in to follow this  
WPN-X7

ns- meet and greet food hangs

heya peeps.

few of us ns members catch up pretty often to chill and talk shit over food... got me thinking that its been AGES since weve had a lil meet and greet lunch/tea catch up.

just wondering if any others would be keen?

if so chuck a post up and ill organise a date (would be a weekend thing) and a spot to meet.

the last proper one we had at the alehouse resulted in some pretty loose after drinks..

suggestions as to where would be rad to!

Keen also

I'm keen. How about James Squire's The Curious Squire in North Adelaide?

I went to Curious Squire last night. Not good... Had to hit up AB to get filled up.

Seriously, who charges $14 for 6 very average buffalo wings?

Also keen pending on food joint.

whats the place in the hills with the epic spicey buffalo wings?

ill suss some places out.

in thinking end of month/early next month. pending numbers.

I was trying to hold back from mentioning it Hollands as I love that place, apparently a member on here works there too... Lobethal Bierhaus.

End of this month is good with me as I'm off overseas for 2 months early June.

Im keen,

im cool with where ever, Angus (got-180) works at the Bierhaus, discount maybe?

if the buffalo wings are as good as ive been told i couldnt give a shit about a discount haha

So far I've been to three places for wings and they've all been shit.

Curious Squire - Flavour was so so but not the spicy type so my taste buds didn't scream out anything special. Guessing they were baked and smothered in their 'sauce' and comes with blue cheese dip. I'll be nice and say 6/10 cause it's probably the best I've had so far.

Gilbert Hotel - flavour was very vinegary with hint if Tabasco flavours. Honestly overwhelming and gets sickening by the 3rd or so wing (i had about 20+ that night). Good thing though, I'm pretty sure they were deep fried then smothered in their 'meh' sauces. Probably a 4/10.

Louisiana Tavern - Deep fried battered wings with a southern style seasoning titled as 'Buffalo Wings'. Was a while ago since I had em there but really isn't buffalo wings. No point scoring it but I don't mind their Cajun crumbed schnitzels.

All in all, I know I love buffalo wings, it's just finding the right joint and this Lobethal Bierhaus joint sounds real promising. Keen!

never had a buffalo wing in my life :lol: are they all the one kind of thing? or do they come in different flavours etc? are they always hot?

heya peeps.

few of us ns members catch up pretty often to chill and talk shit over food... got me thinking that its been AGES since weve had a lil meet and greet lunch/tea catch up.

just wondering if any others would be keen?

if so chuck a post up and ill organise a date (would be a weekend thing) and a spot to meet.

the last proper one we had at the alehouse resulted in some pretty loose after drinks..

suggestions as to where would be rad to!

Will def be keen if your organizing it champ

Ladies!

I do work at the Bierhaus, and have dined too many times on our wings, which are epic to say the least!

If you're a fan, I can gaurentee you'll like them, recipe is straight from Buffalo in the states, but with our twist!

Roll up whenever, I work Saturdays, or if you want to wait exactly 30 days, I can roll up with you, meet the crew!

Either way I'm down! Just sayin

Was at the Lobethal Bierhaus yesterday

The wings are amazing, definitely worth it. just keep an eye on when on basket range though as there has been some sneaky cops of late.

Won't in anyway be an actual cruise... Just a meet and greet. Those that bring their fun cars along do so completely at their own risk!

Ill have a suss of dates tonight and chuck a poll up. But looks like everyone's keen on wings haha

be warned.

the last NS meet and greet ended up with everyone at the little pub.. and there is now a reason you cant order 60 vodka and lemonades at a time there. haha

but yeah. im thinking around the 1/2nd of next month?

also poll added.

Take the day off

Got f**k all leave atm and need to save it all for november japan trip

Sounds like a plan, if its a Saturday I'll be working, let me know rough numbers and I can book a table, it gets pretty busy!

going to give the poll another week and then confirm everything.

so peeps get to it!

be warned.

the last NS meet and greet ended up with everyone at the little pub.. and there is now a reason you cant order 60 vodka and lemonades at a time there. haha

but yeah. im thinking around the 1/2nd of next month?

also poll added.

Are you even gonna be back for this?