Sign in to follow this  
soloo200

advice for 250rwkw

greats thanks for the info :) i know with bosch they have the e85 and non e85 what about those walbros does it matter? if i have the 2 044s would i still need the 400l/m internal e85 one?

For 250kw? I don't think it's that necessary man, I got by for 2 years with no external or surge setup (trying to keep it looking stock) and never had any issues with surge, even running it below a 1/4. It certainly is good insurance but I don't think it's necessary.

Agreed as above I've never had any issues running 240wkw with one internal pump only.

i was looking at the powertune twin in-tank set up and it says there good for 600rwkw on e85. so in theory shouldnt that mean i can push up to 300rwkw on a single pump with nessary mods. e.g upgraded fuel lines and fpr

You can run 250 eke no worries as stated above. I don't know anyone with a external pump and tank for that power. I track mine and drive it weekly with no dramas ever.

My S14 has major issues with fuel surge when drifting, anything below 1/2 would surge. Therefore I put in a surge tank with an external pump and that solved the problem. Thats the only reason I put one in. My setup makes 230rwkw.

Don't bother with a surge tank unless you need it. It a pain to setup (and drain), but they do work very well.

Edited by hipcrostino

yeah ill probably just wait and see what happens when i do it. no point spending more money. i read the 044s dont last too long on e85. apparently 500hrs.

http://www.gumtree.c...eats/1020243021

if anyones interested.

For E85 with just an internal pump, I'd suggest the Walbro 400. It's super duper quiet, easy to set up and works fine for me right now at 270 on 18psi.

Also, I may be wrong but I think your seats are fakes. I don't think any real Bride seats are ADR approved, plenty of of the knock-offs either claim they're ADR approved or the tags say that the seat meets ADR standards but that doesn't mean they're approved. However, they may have suddenly decided to get approval so I may be wrong :lol:

yeah thats the one im going for. so your not running a surge or anything and its fine around 1/4 tank?

haha yeah theyre fake, it has the tag and thats what i was told so it cant help to say lol

im thinking of going rb25 if i can sell my engine and box so if anyones interested pm me

How much do you want and where are you located?

just thougth id give an update of what ive recently purchased:

gktech ras and misc.

850cc circuit sports

walbro 255lph

tomei poncams 256 11.5 lift

type a valve springs

innovative wideband o2

t28 bb

decided im going to max out the t28bb and see how i like the power/ response

im also thinking to get a tuned length manifold.

and soon to be starting, porting/matching/shaving my head

soon to be starting, porting/matching/shaving my head

So your going to pull the head of but your going to run a t28 ?

Your going about this all wrong

I would personally save the money on stripping the head of The block and using that money else where that will give better gains

Waste of money for a t28

soon to be starting, porting/matching/shaving my head

So your going to pull the head of but your going to run a t28 ?

Your going about this all wrong

I would personally save the money on stripping the head of The block and using that money else where that will give better gains

Waste of money for a t28

+1

+2 the std head can flow more than the T28 can jam into it. Get a bigger turbo before you start doing head work.

this is kinda off topic but, can u hook up that innovative wideband 02 or any widband to stock car?

+2 the std head can flow more than the T28 can jam into it. Get a bigger turbo before you start doing head work.

Exactly

Remember back when the red dragon made 400kw with a unported head

im using the t28 to begin with since im only just coming off my p's and not too sure how much ill like/dislike lag so i think i will be satisfied for at least a little time.

im doing this stuff now because at the moment i dont need it on the road and im doing all the porting myself so its not costing me too much.

only going to use a tuned length if i get it cheap enough.

only going to use a tuned length if i get it cheap enough.

What type ? Off the shelf stainless ?

and im bumping up the compression so it will be easier doing both at the same time

yeah if its cheap even though i know it will crack lol

yeah if its cheap even though i know it will crack lol

It's not just the fact it may crack they also don't flow any where near as good as standard

Those cheap stainless of the shelf manifolds Runner number 1 has a ugly merge into the collector

It merges at a 90 degree angle into the collector

A good manifold will merge all runners into the collector from the same angle

Example

See now all runners merge from the same angle

Now compare that to those cheap of the shelf manifolds

CIMG0959.jpg

yeah ive been searching up about that stuff. ill only get one if its a tuned length like your ones and the 1,4 and 2,3 cylinders together