Sign in to follow this  
YOYO

Nostalgia - Looking for my old 180SX

Hello all,

I used to be quite active on this forum until about 7 years ago when I left Melbourne, Australia. Regrettably, part of the move was that I sold my beloved 1997 180SX Type X.

I now travel semi-regularly back home and wouldn't mind buying back my old 180, if anyone has seen it or know who owns it (if it hasn't met a grisly end into a barrier). Below are a couple of photos, old rego was SQA-406.

A few distinguishing features:

- Copy Bomex front, rest was original Type X body kit

- 180SX was NOT stitched into the front seats, they were plain

- Old-school Greddy TT and lots of gadgets in the cockpit inc. old-style Pivot sleepy eye module

- Custom alarm install (forgot the brand name, I think Barrant?) , with ultrasonic detectors

- Omori 3-gauge DIN which didn't work!

I know it's a bit of a stretch and probably half the mods have been changed/removed over 7 years, but please send me a PM if you have any info about it.

Cheers,

YOYO

142_4202.JPG

142_4211.JPG

142_4225.JPG

wow big ask trying to find a car from over 7years ago !

Must have left drugs/military secrets hidden in the boot/rails. Ive done jack with my 180 since i bought it 2 years ago and it looks almost completely different. Almost no chance it still has that front bar and wheels, just buy another one?

VRE check suggests the plates have been pulled off it a while ago.

I hope you find it.

Only chance is to talk to the guy you sold it to and find out who he sold it to so on

probably been binned, will be easer to just find another one, prices have changed a lot in 7 years

that actually looks like my mates old car to be honest... lived in mill park area

Good luck dude, I post awhile back trying to track down where [MyRush] was. I haven't personally seen it but a few ppl on here managed to keep me updated as to what happened to my car after I sold it

I'm doing the opposite with the car I have now trying to contact previous owners and working out its history. With the trouble I'm having all I can say to you is good luck, hope you find what your looking for.

• Downvote 2