Sign in to follow this  
Dave69

Indicators on toggle switch

Hi all,

Trying to figure out how to use a toggle switch to operate my indicators in my s13. I have removed the stalks off the colum and made a pannel for all my lights startup ect.

Any help would be great!

Cheers

Mmkay, indicator, at a guess is probably earth switching.

Find the central earth (so the wire that goes to the body of the car) and this will go into the middle of your 3x terminal switch, find the left and right (you can do this by using a test light) wires then wire them up respectively.

See this quick diagram I drew up just now for you.

photo.JPG

The indicators are driven both through the flasher relay. So the flasher relay will have a positive in and then a 'load' out which goes through the toggle switch to left or right indicator.

The indicators are driven both through the flasher relay. So the flasher relay will have a positive in and then a 'load' out which goes through the toggle switch to left or right indicator.

Yeah this^^

That diagram will only bring them on solid and not flash

Yeah this^^

just flick the switch on and off.

Yeah this^^

just flick the switch on and off.

Haha yeah that could work

Yeah this^^

No it wont it will bring them on. He's only removed the indicator stalk he doesn't need to touch the flash unit as he only needs to connect the wires that were cut at the stalk.

Yeah this^^

No it wont it will bring them on. He's only removed the indicator stalk he doesn't need to touch the flash unit as he only needs to connect the wires that were cut at the stalk.

Sorry didn't realise that lol I thought u were just drawing a basic circuit for him to rewire

The stalk switch isnt a 'trigger' it simply directs the load to the flasher relay. Ie if you flick it left the load of the bulbs on the left side are put onto the flasher relay and the flasher relay works its magic and the bulbs on the left side flash.

The stalk switch isnt a 'trigger' it simply directs the load to the flasher relay. Ie if you flick it left the load of the bulbs on the left side are put onto the flasher relay and the flasher relay works its magic and the bulbs on the left side flash.

Yep. currently doing this to my car. im just using a 3 way rocker switch which is the same principle as the stalk.

My cabins getting a full rewire so its a little different tho.

Indicators and signals are reflected in the accentuation of the goals. The improvement of the www.resumeshelpservice.com is vital for the reflections in all shares. The prospects re-inducted for the channels. It shreds for the brick paces for the attacked tips of the renowned shapes and such arguments for the departments.