As the title states, has anyone had experience with using a knock light or any other form of non-audible knock detection.

Looking at the Phormula KS-3 but am trying to justify the extra cost over a basic TurboXS knock light. The XS uses the stock narrowband sensor but the KS-3 comes with an aftermarket wideband sensor.

Any home tuners care to comment ?

Thanks,

I'd go audiable knock detection over a light personally, if you know what your listening for its so much better than relying on a light imo, that being said I havnt actually used a light much at all myself

Do you already have a wideband? Do both units have outputs to allow for data logging? Being an s13 owner (fish ass) I prefer home made det cans with a wideband running into a data logger.

Edited by boli2

Oh yeah as far as o2 sensors are concerned with tuning, narrow bands are as useful as tits on a bull, if you are tuning the car you need to use a wideband sensor, no exceptions

Scott - narrow bands have their place when tuning..... VN commodores and bagged VZ v6's for example :)

Op i should have clarified that IMHO lights while tuning are great but I tune on the street with a screamer so knock detection (to me) is best done using my ears, the added bonus is the ear muffs block out engine / gate noise so by the time I am 60 I wont require hearing aids.... I will need them by 62.

Yeah wideband afr gauge of course. Innovate LC-1. Does the job.

Are you guys using the stock knock sensor or an aftermarket one like the Bosch wideband ?

Cheers,