Sign in to follow this  
VG30_S13

Adelaide Compliance workshops

hey guys, i just been told that i need to put in for a exception of fitting a complaince plate to a R32 Skyline i bought from QLD can anyone recommend a complaince workshop in Adelaide that isn't going to charge me the world?!!!!

Ring vehicle modifications and ask for them to send you out the form for exemption for fitting a compliance plate..

Forget the process from then on.

But im assuming you went for an ID check and they said you need to get that form and do a fully vehicle inspection?

Factory Import in windfield are good. Talk to them man

You don't need to get complied... Qld mod plates aren't accepted in SA

You will just have to go through a full road worthy at regency and they give you a little sticker/plate thing

Depends though, my mate bought a 32 gtr from Sydney at the start of the year and when he went to get the id check done regency told him it needed a full tier 2 inspection because it had been complied in nsw.

Edited by pistol-pete

Seems odd. You don't have to do any of that if you're the same owner taking the car from state to state. I thought compliance was a federal thing anyway?

If it's rego'd in your name in QLD & you've now got an SA license, it's a matter of going into any motor reg office & filling out some paper work, hand over your plates, pay a fee & attach SA plates.

??? Profit

You don't need to get complied... Qld mod plates aren't accepted in SA

You will just have to go through a full road worthy at regency and they give you a little sticker/plate thing

this

If it was complied - just an ID check. If it came in under the old 15 year rule, Tier 2.

Ring Complete Auto Dismantlers at Windsor Gardens, ask for Erwin. They're also a compliance workshop.