Sign in to follow this  
SU1TUP

S13 SR20DET Z32 Blow Thru set up

Hey guys, ive been furiously thrashing the search button for a clear answer to the above question. Does anyone have a guide to installing a Z32 AFM 'blow through' aka when the AFM goes inb4 the throttle body on the cold side.

Wanna know how to install it, how to entend the factory afm wires to reach and what amp/wire to use. how hard it is and if anyone wants to throw their two cents in thats more than welcome.

:)

Have seen it done, supposed to eliminate throttle lag, the maf is capable of tating positive pressure, after all it only measures flow. Just extend the wires by soldering new ones but solder them properly. Dont know if it is worth all the fuss though.

pays to use shielded wire, just incase of interference, we did it on a 33 that had high mount turbo, was suffering reversion which would make it stall, moving the afm further from turbo fixed that, but because it was behind front bar, couldn't drive car in wet. moved afm to before throttle body, all probs fixed, had to be retuned (we have a dyno so no probs there) but driveability is better and still makes same power (311rwkw) so no real down sides. Did have to create a lip on one side of the afm though, to prevent hoses blowing off

Have seen it done, supposed to eliminate throttle lag, the maf is capable of tating positive pressure, after all it only measures flow. Just extend the wires by soldering new ones but solder them properly. Dont know if it is worth all the fuss though.

Yeah i've seen it done too, im just not really too overly exicted about chopping up my cooler piping and then having to find out that its wasnt worth the relocation, thanks for the help :)

not rocket science. extend the wires, add to piping...

No need to be rude but thanks for the response, I know its not rocket science but it never hurts to be too sure. Especially when i've never done this before. But if i chop the section out and replace it with silocne joiners and hose clamps wont it be unstable ?

Do you know what amp wire i should be using ?

pays to use shielded wire, just incase of interference, we did it on a 33 that had high mount turbo, was suffering reversion which would make it stall, moving the afm further from turbo fixed that, but because it was behind front bar, couldn't drive car in wet. moved afm to before throttle body, all probs fixed, had to be retuned (we have a dyno so no probs there) but driveability is better and still makes same power (311rwkw) so no real down sides. Did have to create a lip on one side of the afm though, to prevent hoses blowing off

Cheers !!

thanks for the insight, im just a bit hesitant about choping up my cooler piping, do you have any pics of the setup. Im kind of afraid by replacing the cooler pipe section with the afm and silocne joiners will be unstable and flop around etc like not as secure as the original piping would be. I've heard great things about it but im considering keeping it in the factory position just so i can have the airbox and prevent it from getting wet although having an open turbo would sound GREAT :P

well i did it and never knew anything about it. just used thick wire. and used the pod adapter to join 1 side and made a lip on the other side with super glue.