looking to up the boost a little

few questions

first will 12psi be safe on the t25

also planned mods are:

upgrade intercooler

mech boost gauge

cat back exhaust

anything else i should consider?

with catback exhaust, is front pipe/dump gonna limit the small amount of power ill be making? also whats a good size exhaust to go for?

I have a 3inch custom made one at home, just thinking it might be a bit big, its mandrel bent, magnaflow rear oval muffler, mid ressi hotdog and redback cat

I also have a 2.5inch system but its not mandrel bent, has mid muffler (twisty old fashioned one) end muffler, and chinese 100cell cat

people often say 3inch is too big for most applications, but in my case will the 3inch flow better, I am also after something fairly quiet so obviously 2.5inch wins for that, just worried it might restrict car too much and not allow it to breathe properly if I boost it, thanks for any input

Edited by Phoenix Silvia

def get a full exhaust. just a cat back is a waste. 3 inch is fine. also add a new fuel pump while you are at it.

I consider 3 inch standard these days

Also with the cat, should I leave it? Gut a spare one I have or get pipe welded through biggest size cat (or 3inch)

I won't run straight de cat

hey guys, i'm practically in the same situation as this guy, only i already have the full 3inch exhaust and upgraded fuel pump. Anyone have any thoughts?

exhaust will flow only as fast as the restriction in it will allow. have a standard dump pipe, guess where the restriction is....

that being said you can go too big and loose velocity and heat energy, you don't have that issue with a 3" though. there has been good power made from GK Teck bell mouth dumps

i have a CES racing pipe on mine as i'm chasing response (car isn't running yet so i don't know how good it will be)