Sign in to follow this  
WPN-X7

tax times fun times

If your income is low enough, you might fall into the tax-free threshold. I assume $1k is your tax...

Just over the threshold by $840 :(

Just got my certificate...says 10G tax witheld...last few years I've only got like $800 back...i want like 3grand.

What is the maximum you can claim on everything without receipts for things?

Laundry you can claim anything under $150 without reciepts.

if your using Etax it pretty much babies you through what the maximum of each thing you can claim without proof.

Does it take long to do? I really cbf haha

Does it take long to do? I really cbf haha

Takes longer to wash a dog than do eTax. Granted, we're talking about a rather hairy dog here.

i took an hour and a half to do mine.

made harder by having a gf/little one/private health insurance.

Did 95% of mine last night and gor the info today to finish it off so should get 1.5-2k

Should use it to get the new shell ready for rego but knowing me ill probably buy wheels or something stupid

I got taxed 26k and done it all on etax and claimed everything I could and it will only give me $600 lol ... fail

ohh that's farked! Letter bomb the government to show them your appreciation :ph34r:

Edited by DRE20

how is it fail? sounds like you made 70+ grand..

I made 70+ and I didn't pay any where near that tax, sounds like he is making real monies :(

Edited by JLTS13

Hahaha that's the reason I pay an accountant now.

Also even if you can't bring your car to qr matsuri, fly up and just come for the rad time.

I will even offer a free lift to QR from the airport ;)

I made 70+ and I didn't pay any where near that tax, sounds like he is making real monies :(

yeah thats what i was thinking, im thinking close to 100k, in the nineties atleast

Hopefully rego on the daily,

Hopefully ill get back at least enough to pay half!

yeah thats what i was thinking, im thinking close to 100k, in the nineties atleast

Put it this way, he payed double my tax :o

I like guessing people's earnings lol, what does he actually do for a living.

minelyf????

Hahaha that's the reason I pay an accountant now.

Also even if you can't bring your car to qr matsuri, fly up and just come for the rad time.

I will even offer a free lift to QR from the airport wink.png

ill keep it in mind. ill be bummed out if im not driving though haha

Put it this way, he payed double my tax :o

I like guessing people's earnings lol, what does he actually do for a living.

minelyf????

I paid around $33-35k for my last job on average (this job I get a portion tax free so f**k you ATO!) and that was a smidge over $100k always got f**k all back though, had to pay once! (Works f**k up)

kind of what i'm getting at is he is having a sadface over $600 when he makes that in less than 2 days..

kind of what i'm getting at is he is having a sadface over $600 when he makes that in less than 2 days..

After working for minimum wage busting my ass to getting what I do now and hardly working for it at times, ill never complain about this sort of stuff ever.

Got back $1700 this time which is the most I've ever got and I gave it to my misses to help her new car fund.

When you consider all the retarded crap the Government wastes tax money on, any amount of cash you don't get back from them is worthy of a sadface. I'm not going to lose any sleep over 600 bucks, but I'd rather it back in my pocket than have it blown on welfare, unnecessary red-tape, multicultural bullsh*t, or employing another f**king asshole the Public Sector really doesn't need. No offense to any Civil Servants here, but there are some absolute morons in your ranks, and many are handsomely paid to boot.

Edited by pmod

Yeah same here.. except my little one thinks he can type shit and kept turning the laptop off on me... still only took about an hr to do tho.

I paid 17k in tax and i got $1836 back pretty crap but it will get me bits for the new motor :)

Just so people are aware, I use

To do my tax with itp or h&r block. I can get back more with the free etax program. They are useless. Also every year I claim around 5-9k in deductions from self educated funding/flights/tools etc and have never had a problem and always get my return within 10 days.

its a fail cause I used to look forward to tax time when I was a lower income earner cause I got back about 3-4k all the time ... I guess it all balances out with my higher wage these days lol

Edited by fullboost

Lol, I'm seeing a lot of people who don't know how much money is in the world. 100k/year is nothing when an exec can get 3 BILLION DOLLARS as a BONUS.

When you consider all the retarded crap the Government wastes tax money on, any amount of cash you don't get back from them is worthy of a sadface.

I'm with this guy ^^. Also, the perspective needs changing. There should be no "Thanks ATO" in any sense. The money that you're getting back is because they've taken too much from you to begin with. If anything, you should either be thanking yourself for earning the money to begin with, or thanking your accountant for getting it back for you.

I don't know what mine is going on yet. I want some computer monitors and my standard turbo rebuilt into a 3076 + supporting mods. The monitors are a given because they're the cheapest out of the lot, but I think the rest will go on some stiffening stuff, new bushes in various places and maaaaaaaybe an fmic if I'm lucky. I got the nod on the turbo setup from the boss, but I don't think she realises how much it's going to cost.

Gonna get some rims refurbished and a 2way for my s13 (if anyone knows of one in a non ABS housing hit me up). And depending on how much is left, some more ink.

Lol, I'm seeing a lot of people who don't know how much money is in the world. 100k/year is nothing when an exec can get 3 BILLION DOLLARS as a BONUS.

When you consider all the retarded crap the Government wastes tax money on, any amount of cash you don't get back from them is worthy of a sadface.

I'm with this guy ^^. Also, the perspective needs changing. There should be no "Thanks ATO" in any sense. The money that you're getting back is because they've taken too much from you to begin with. If anything, you should either be thanking yourself for earning the money to begin with, or thanking your accountant for getting it back for you.

I don't know what mine is going on yet. I want some computer monitors and my standard turbo rebuilt into a 3076 + supporting mods. The monitors are a given because they're the cheapest out of the lot, but I think the rest will go on some stiffening stuff, new bushes in various places and maaaaaaaybe an fmic if I'm lucky. I got the nod on the turbo setup from the boss, but I don't think she realises how much it's going to cost.

What exec got a $3bn bonus?