Sign in to follow this  
Gurglar

Low dust brake pads for s15?

So i'm chasing some new brake pads for my s15 cause i'm sick of my rears the amount of dust they give off is ridiculous wash my wheels go for a drive and need to clean them again.

Can anyone recommend some decent brake pads for street that give off little dust?

Endless SSM - low dust good kms too. I prefer the SSS but I believe they are discontinued and produce a bit of dust.. a lil expensive but I don't spare expense on brakes

if you want it to stop youll get dust. If you don't just get some cheap bendix or rda. they work and will be the least dusty but obviously wont work as well as the others. general a good brake pad will be dusty and some crappy ones will be too. goodluck

Heres the thread stopper!!!!!!!!!!! QFM A1RM's are the best all round pad, I had TRW's which are pretty good at stopping but dusty as hell then i went to QFM and best $119 ive ever spent, next to no dust on wheels and great stopping power. Im surprised nobody else has said this yet.

^^^^

On the contrary

was on LucasTRW's before going to QFM's last month and was disappointed

QFM dusted my pads in a week what TRW's did in a month. On top of that, i felt TRW's had better initial stopping power when cold, this lesson nearly cost me a car.

The one thing i can't say is how much heat resistance the QFM's had vs TRW's

That is my opinion, i could be wrong, but that is the sensation i had comparing them back to back.

QFM are australian owned if that means anything

I just bought some remsa pads and dba rotors, fitting today so ill let you know how it goes. There meant to be a quiet, high temp and relatively low dust street pad. Best thing their only $80 per axle

Yes a1rm are dusty as f**k if your concerned about dust. Even If you do very light spirited driving every full moon, they are dusty as f**k!

Best to stay with OEM of you want lowest dust possible.

Anyone tried the project mu range? Thinking about spending abit more for a decent set of brakes.

Better braking power by pads mean more dust

Or! You can upgrade to larger brakes and use less aggressive pads and would still have better braking overall with same dust level as OEM or close.

Example, stock brembo vs stock Nissan.

A1RM are ok, wouldn't say they are dusty.. if you want dusty and rotor chewing try bendix lol..

I'm currently using Intima SR (for the first time, they seem ok dust wise), will report back after a few more hundred KMs

A1RM are super dusty.

I went to the lower spec QFM pads (HPX? whatever the lower-spec ones are) and noticed no difference in street braking performance and a whole lot less dust. can go 4 weeks before i notice any dust at all. S15 brakes with Slotted DBA rotors.

so what did you end up going with??? i am looking for PADS atm and am looking for a less dusty, fair price good stoping pad.

anyone go with project mu at all???

Turbv6, I'm selling my pmu Hc+. Great pads that seem to be low dust and low wear. Only done a 1000km and will sell them for 150. I'm getting full track pads from performance friction