Hey guys, I want to get a S15 rolling shell to build into a competitive drift car, just wondering, how much do S15 rolling shells usually cost? Thanks :)

Myles.

I found one for 1k, I've seen them for 5k. Right place, right time... and depending what's wrong with them, or what they come with, you might be able to sell off parts to recoup the cost.

Competitive drift car doesn't normally start with "RB20" and "budget"

Have you heard of Stewy Bryant? (nisskid on the forums) He has run a RB20DET for 6 years unopenned and not one rebuild and he limiter bashes that thing all day every day. He makes 300rwkw and all he has done is a TD06 20g turbo and supporting fuel and ecu mods. They sound awesome, make good power and are strong as, not to mention cheap! I already have one at home, so it would be stupid for me to go out and buy a RB25 or RB26 when i already have a good engine ready to install.......

so it would be stupid for me to go out and buy a RB25 or RB26

:hammer:

Have you heard of Stewy Bryant? (nisskid on the forums) He has run a RB20DET for 6 years unopenned and not one rebuild and he limiter bashes that thing all day every day. He makes 300rwkw and all he has done is a TD06 20g turbo and supporting fuel and ecu mods. They sound awesome, make good power and are strong as, not to mention cheap! I already have one at home, so it would be stupid for me to go out and buy a RB25 or RB26 when i already have a good engine ready to install.......

i know stewie, and i know how he drives. if you think you are going to drive like him, then you are kidding yourself.

i'm sure he would love a RB25. but that shit costs money and if the 20 hasn't blown, he isn't going to spend money changing.

lets not forget all the dramas he has with it as well.

it has only been running the TD06 for the last year, pretty sure it doesn't make 300 either (though i could be mistaken)

have you driven a 300rwkw RB20? they are f**king pigs.

haha, im putting an rb30 in my s15...single cam yo :lol: although its built & makes 400kw but still haa :hammer:

i know stewie, and i know how he drives. if you think you are going to drive like him, then you are kidding yourself.

i'm sure he would love a RB25. but that shit costs money and if the 20 hasn't blown, he isn't going to spend money changing.

lets not forget all the dramas he has with it as well.

it has only been running the TD06 for the last year, pretty sure it doesn't make 300 either (though i could be mistaken)

have you driven a 300rwkw RB20? they are f**king pigs.

Big bump, but i wanted to set the record straight. At the time of this post i probably had about 3x RB25's sitting in my garage, as i post this i have 2 and 4 on the way, all of them will be sold or parted, i make the decision not to run RB25's because i prefer RB20's. Everyone naturally thinks RB25's are going to be better, and generally when you jump in and drive one, they feel easier or "torqueier" because their low down is. Fact is, i can run more boost, more RPM safely through an RB20 than an RB25, i run the exact same turbo on the RB25 in my Laurel, as i did on my RB20 in my R32, the RB20 i ran 25-30psi through, and it wasn't even tuned for that turbo or boost levels, or even an external wastegate for that matter. As far as running like a pig? No, it ran like a race engine, it's powerband was high, like any race engine, it wasn't designed to pull a caravan. An extra 500rpm response? Big deal, i can run 1000rpm higher limiter safer in an RB20, i can also run it low on oil, water, fuel anything at it will survive.

RB20, RB30, RB25, SR20 in order of appearance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrJc_J3BpL0

Suck it blingy :P

Edited by nisskid
  • Upvote 1