Sign in to follow this  
pyro

Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party needs your support!

Signed up and donated and will vote!

Finally a political party I have faith in!

Thanks for your support mate :) Please tell all your friends and family. We only have a few days left before our fate is sealed, so please please like and share!

Everyone: We have quite a number of people supporting us with polling booths in all states. Reardless of what state you live in, if you can help us out, please let me know and I'll put you on to the right people for your state :) It doesn't have to be all day, just a few hours here and there can help us as well :)

Edited by pyro

So I've never voted before so amep will be on the paper so I just put a 1 in it?

You will get 2 papers.

A massive white one, which is the senate. All you have to do is put a "1" in the box for the AMEP located above the big black line.

The smaller ballot paper will not have the AMEP on it. You will essentially have to vote Lab or Lib on that one, or wipe your ass with it.

Been voting for years and this is the first time I have voted properly and not just drew a penis on the paper like usual, did early voting today and the amep box is on the far right of the big sheet above the black line.

Is that good for just vic? Will that help out all over aus?

Is that good for just vic? Will that help out all over aus?

This is a federal election so the senate seat applies to all federal matters. In other words it is applicable to all Australians.

I voted below the line too, 110 boxes in total.....

They did damn well in their preferences. Credit to their planning and strategy.

Shame it worked against them in other states. Family First killed it in SA with preferences, all those candidates that preferences the No Carbon Tax Climate Sceptics and Family First need to have a serious think about their choices.

They did damn well in their preferences. Credit to their planning and strategy.

Shame it worked against them in other states. Family First killed it in SA with preferences, all those candidates that preferences the No Carbon Tax Climate Sceptics and Family First need to have a serious think about their choices.

Yeah Family First have always had a strong taking in SA. I'm very surprised by the No Carbon Tax Sceptics though.

Im happy they got a seat I just hope everyone understands we cant just sudenly start getting away with murder in our cars and change wont happen straight away but hopefully theyll do some damage

^ I really hope nobody thinks like that. Whilst I don't expect major changes, having a member in the senate at least gives motoring enthusiasts a platform to push for ideas like national modification standards, national licensing and registration, etc and may mean a few things can get slipped through that suit car lovers as part of a larger agreement.

^ I really hope nobody thinks like that. Whilst I don't expect major changes, having a member in the senate at least gives motoring enthusiasts a platform to push for ideas like national modification standards, national licensing and registration, etc and may mean a few things can get slipped through that suit car lovers as part of a larger agreement.

I can just see people getting shitty at amep because theres no instant change and no silver bullet if people act like this it will ultimately work against us

^ Those sorts of idiots will behave that way in their cars regardless of whether there is community representation in federal politics or not though.

There kinda lile that loud family member that embarrasses the rest of the family while you try and shut them up

Hopefully AMEP will explain what this means for those of us who voted for them. I know I don't expect to roll a d1 car as a daily now but in also not really sure what this means and what can be achieved from here. Is this a good result or were they expecting more seats?

It's still a little too early to call yet guys. Wait until all the votes have been counted first :) There'll be plenty of talk once that happens :)

Winning any seat at all on the first go is a huge result, but we cannot expect to command the senate on just one seat.

We may not be able to produce much political change this time around, but it will give a lot more credibility and coverage to the AMEP which will be a great help in the coming state elections. In reality, road law is a state matter, so it is the state elections that matter most to us.

never felt so happy to vote until yesterday, very impressed that we got a seat!

There is still a slim possibility that AMEP don't officially win this seat. 40% of the votes are still to be counted...