Sign in to follow this  
pyro

Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party needs your support!

Hey guys,

In case you're not aware, the Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party is gaining quite a lot of momentum. They already have senate candidates in QLD and NSW and are currently raising funds to place candidates in other states. Considering this is a party that was formed a few months ago, this is a monumental effort. This is seriously the best way that we can actually have an impact on how we're being so severely screwed by just about every other political party out there.

If you haven't seen AMEP before, check out their website and their Facebook page. You can become a member for the sum of $20/year (I think this is the cheapest of all political parties? ) which will let you have your say on their policies, vote at AGM's, etc. Alternatively, if you find that memberships, etc are not quite your thing, you can donate to the fundraiser to establish further senate candidates in other states.

Guys I cannot stress enough, this is the first time we have actually had a voice anywhere in parliament, let alone in a spot like the senate. This is the only way that we can have an actual impact on the governance of our interests. So please, please, please, spread the word to your family, friends, people across the street, other vehicle enthusiasts you see, workshops, etc and dig deep. We've collected and given enough to charity over the years, now it's time to look after ourselves.

Cheers,

Josh

Edited by pyro

I'll second Josh on this.

I'm getting involved at an admin level to help kick start things in SA. AMEP already has a candidate (two actually) lined up to run in the SA elections coming up early in 2014, but prior to that they/we will need some help getting the word out to support AMEP in the Federal elections.

$20 a year is sweet FA in the scheme of things, guys, and it's about time we had a party representing our best interests. Let's face it, choosing between Labor and Liberal these days is like choosing between arsenic and cyanide. At least send your vote somewhere it will count. But right now they need cash (and a good chunk of it) to finance their PR campaign, and membership is a great way to do your bit.

In other news, the AMEP want to distribute flyers at the Intercontinental Targa night stage at Wayville coming up soon, so if you can hold a good conversation and think you could do a good job of representing the public face of the AMEP, PM me if you're able to help out.

I'm already a member, will be donating more to the fund.

For all the complaining on this site about being targeted unfairly, our vehicular freedoms being eroded and the draconian laws that we're subjected to, this is the opportunity (perhaps the only one) to have our voices heard at a higher level. Get a membership at the very least, donate if you can, help your own community be represented and heard.

Loz should be getting the site behind this...

Just got this via email from the AMEP

FANTASTIC NEWS... 'The Project' have contacted us about doing a story about the Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party for an upcoming show.

URGENT CALL to all Members and Supporters who live in Queensland in the Brisbane, Gold Coast Areas to come and be a part of the opportunity.

Where: Classic Car Display at the Ormeau Fair

Address: Peachey Road, Ormeau (Brian Harris Oval)

When: Saturday - 9am - 12pm

It is important that we have as strong presence at the event, and we are putting an urgent call out for help. If you are interested in helping out, handing out flyers etc., and being a part of the morning, please send a reply email. We are also interested in a crew of people who want to be a part of setting up the display, as they are interested in filming the set up.

Hoping we can see a few of our Members and Supporters there - please let us know if you can make it.

And for those of you who can't attend... we will let you know when it is going to air.

Kind regards

Keith Littler

Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party

http://www.australianmotoringenthusiastparty.org.au/

Get along, show some support for the car community as a whole.

Signed up, membership paid and spammed all over Facebook.

I just hope they pop up on my senate paper on election day.

:edit:

Chances are the reason their donations are so low might have something to do with the shitty fundraiser site they are using. I just tried several times to donate $40 through Paypal and it just kept failing.

Edited by Chappy
  • Downvote 1

Already a card carrying member and have had no drama's donating a few times. NSW needs more support and funding.......

Awesome to see guys!!

I'm hoping to be at Wayville with the girl, but not 100% sure at this stage. Will definitely been keen to hand out flyers and chat to people though :)

Edited by pyro

Might turn this into the AMEP spam thread :P

"Save our senate" has noted that the Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party is the clear choice in most states to bring new voice into the senate to keep the major parties in check: http://saveoursenate.weebly.com/where-does-my-vote-go.html?utm_source=buffer&utm_campaign=Buffer&utm_content=buffer6cbc2&utm_medium=facebook

I just hope they pop up on my senate paper on election day.

They'll be on there :) AMEP is running in QLD, NSW, Vic, SA and WA. For a party that only started a bit over 3 months ago, we're gaining a LOT of traction.

How do i get a membership card?

I have signed up and paid my membership, is there something extra i need to do?

Shall be voting for them!

Shouldn't need to man, that's all I did.

Mine came a few days ago, so they're most likely still being sent out. When you log into the AMEP site on the right towards the bottom there's a section that says, "Your point person" with a name and an email icon. Flick them an email and they'll be able to sort you out :)

Will be voting shooters and fishers first followed by these guys.

Thanks mate :) Any help we can get is appreciated :)

AMEP SA - Volunteer and Public Meeting

Public Meeting to organise volunteers to help out with the campaign and to consider becoming part of the Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party.

We need as many people as possible, even if you are not a car enthusiast, we will be standing up for a fair deal for all Australians.

WHEN: Wed August 28, 2013 at 7pm - 10pm

WHERE:Shannons Insurance

863-865 S Rd

Clarence Gardens, SA 5039

Australia

just joined and signed up as a volunteer

thanks for highlighting this great movement

Welcome aboard! Make sure you tell your friends and family about AMEP. We've been quiet for long enough :)

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

To place a representative in the senate, we need about 14% of the primary vote (14% represents one "quota" in the electoral system), in order to place ONE representative in that state. So we need a combination of primary votes and preferences to tally to around 14% of a states population (in SA, which is one of the smaller states, I estimate this to be around 184,800 people, to give you an idea) in order to have a say on legislation which effects US. AMEP has done very strategic deals with other parties, such that we should obtain a decent amount of preference votes, but we will not make it over the line without a significant amount of primary votes and the only way we're going to achieve this is by spreading the word far and wide. Tell your family, tell your friends, tell other enthusiasts that you see in a car park, tell workshops, tell your local Supercheap/Repco/Autobarn/Sprint etc to please place a 1 above the line for AMEP! This cause is far greater than JDM vs ADM, or piston vs rotor, or NA vs forced induction. Ask them to spread the word as well. We only have one more week to do this and if we don't, we have to wait 6 years for another shot at the senate. 6 whole years of more bullshit hoon laws, more stupid road rules, more ways to get defected, more laws that don't make sense or achieve anything, more Police powers to invade your privacy and your lives with.

Please let me make it very clear that ABSOLUTELY ANYONE can help with this cause. I'm a paid member, but I'm not on any AMEP committee or anything like that, nobody tells me to do any of this. I asked them for flyers to distribute long before I met any of the senate candidates for my state. Please take the initiative and help us out!

There are also other ways that anyone can help us on the day:

1. We need people to man polling booths. It's definitely not a sexy thing to do, but it has to be done. You don't have to engage anyone you don't want to, all you have to do is help us hand out some flyers and maybe some signs, plus wear our badge. This is FAR more fun when done in groups, so grab your parents, grab your friends, brothers and sisters, etc. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN HELP WITH THIS! We are trying to put larger groups at fewer stations, rather than 1 or two people at each station to help influence voters! If you put your hand up for this, you must be committed. We cannot have a bunch of people saying that they will come, only to have 2 or 3 turn up.

2. Organise a mini-cruise with your mates to your place of voting. Try and park somewhere prominent to show off your vehicle and try to generate some excitement as you go in to vote. Let people know that you're a proud motoring enthusiast and that your voice is being heard through your vote! Obviously don't do anything stupid like skids, excessive revving of your engine etc, as we're trying to win popularity in amongst a field of negativity from the mainstream media. Show them that we're regular human beings who just happen to be passionate abut our cars and road matters and that we deserve to be treated equally!

Guys I cannot stress this enough. We have been handed this on a platter! Someone else is already taking care of the administrative work and the representation in the senate, so it's up to us to make sure that's not in vain. Join up ($20/year) or donate to AMEP, spread the word, make sure we are heard! I've heard enough whinging about defects, bullshit laws, stupid P plate restrictions and crap roads with ridiculous speed limits. AMEP IS GIVING YOU A VOICE AND THAT VOICE WILL BE HEARD BETTER THE LOUDER IT IS, SO SPREAD THE WORD!

tl;dr: Too bad. Read the text and support the party that is trying to support you. Take what will be a small amount of time out of your life, to help us make a big difference. This doesn't happen without you.

Edited by pyro

Just a warning.

For the next 6 years, any time somebody complains on this forum about a stupid road law or an over zealous cop, the first question you will be asked is: "did you vote for the AMEP?"

If the answer is "no", expect no sympathy.

This is our chance to finally get a voice into the senate, don't waste it!

Thank you so, so much for your support guys :) Hopefully we can make a go-er of this!

Also, like Biggie's done with JDMST, if you are part of any other forums, you're more than welcome to copy/paste what I've written into those as well, or write your own. I'm only on a couple of forums, so my reach isn't massive.

Damn daihatsu drivers! :P

Thanks Chappy :) I appreciate your effort mate :)

Nathan Green (one of our SA senate candidates) and I went through a few events today; the Togue Alliance/Evo GSR dyno at Marion, Matsuri at Mallala and AIR (Nathan went on to a Street Machines cruise also). Police started patrolling AIR not long after we left. This is exactly the reason why we need a party like AMEP representing us. There is nothing wrong or fundamentally evil about our sports or our passion and we shouldn't have to worry if the cost of a day out is going to double due to fines as soon as we leave!

While we were out and about it became painfully obvious just how few people have heard of AMEP. I would estimate at least half of the people we approached had no idea that there was such a party, but everyone was in agreement that the time is long overdue for our voices to be heard.

Again, please tell your friends, your family, like and share AMEP on Facebook or any other social media outlets or forums etc you're on. We need to spread the word as far and wide as we can.

Edited by pyro

You know how politicians have those signs that people stick in their front yards?

AMEP should make them and sell them on their website.

I would gladly put them out the front of my house, my street is fairly busy and many of those people would be interested in supporting the party because i see modded Skylines, Commodores, Silvias etc driving past all the time.

Edited by Chappy

The main problem they've faced more than anything else is time but funding is a big issue as well, that's why the 4%+ of primary votes is so important. It's nearly impossible to run a political party without a decent amount of coin. Considering each senate candidate is $2k/piece to register and we're running 10 of them, that's 20k straight off the bat. I don't know what membership numbers are like, but I think if membership covered that there wouldn't be a whole lot left over afterwards, which is why there hasn't been any ads on TV etc.

Assuming we can get the 4%+ primary votes, I think things will change a bit for the state elections, but only time will tell.