Sign in to follow this  
pyro

AMEP Meeting Tonight - Clarance Gardens 7pm

Hi Guys,

In case you've missed it posted in other places, the Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party is having a public meeting tonight at 7pm. Everyone is more than welcome to come and see what's going on and if you'd like to volunteer to help us spread the message, you're more than welcome to do that at this event as well.

We'll be meeting at Shannons Insurance 853 - 865 South Rd, Clarence Gardens from 7pm to 10pm tonight. Please bring any family or friends, other enthusiasts, people from other forums, young and old. We need to get our message out if we're to have a hope of influencing senate. We need your support.

If you want to say hi, I'm the 6' 5" guy with the goatee and glasses :)

Cheers guys,

Josh

The turn out was big enough to fill the room we were in, but we still need everyone's help :)

Firstly, please let me make it very clear that ABSOLUTELY ANYONE can help with this cause. I'm a paid member, but I'm not on any AMEP committee or anything like that, nobody tells me to do any of this. I asked them for flyers to distribute long before I met any of the senate candidates for SA. This SA branch of this party has only been formed very recently (we're talking less than 2 months ago) and grown so fast that AMEP hasn't even had a chance to coordinate an outreach to other motoring enthusiasts. We've handed out a few flyers at a few events and will be doing more of the same over the coming weekend (look out for us at Matsuri, the drags, etc), but other than that, it's all been via social media and word of mouth.

As such, we are DESPERATE for volunteers! And by desperate, I mean REALLY DESPERATE.

We need about 14% of the primary vote (14% represents one "quota" in the electoral system), in order to have ONE representative in the senate for SA. There are 1.65 million people in South Australia. I don't know what percentage of that number are enrolled to vote, but I'm going to estimate 80%, considering our ageing population. 80% of that number is 1.32 million people, and 14% of that number is 184,800 people. We need a combination of primary votes and preferences to tally to around 184,800 in order to have a say on legislation which effects US. AMEP has done very strategic deals with other parties, such that we should obtain a decent amount of preference votes, but we will not make it over the line without significantly more primary votes and the only way we're going to achieve this is by spreading the word far and wide. Tell your family, tell your friends, tell other enthusiasts that you see in a car park, tell workshops, tell your local Supercheap/Repco/Autobarn/Sprint etc to please place a 1 above the line for AMEP! This cause is far greater than JDM vs ADM, or piston vs rotor, or NA vs forced induction. Ask them to spread the word as well. We only have one more week to do this and if we don't, we have to wait 6 years for another shot at the senate.6 whole years of more bullshit hoon laws, more stupid road rules, more ways to get defected, more laws that don't make sense or achieve anything, more Police powers to invade your privacy and your lives with.

There are also other ways that anyone can help us on the day:

1. We need people to man polling booths. It's definitely not a sexy thing to do, but it has to be done. You don't have to engage anyone you don't want to, all you have to do is help us hand out some flyers and maybe some signs, plus wear our badge. This is FAR more fun when done in groups, so grab your parents, grab your friends, brothers and sisters, etc. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN HELP WITH THIS! We are trying to put larger groups at fewer stations, rather than 1 or two people at each station to help influence voters! If you put your hand up for this, you must be committed. We cannot have a bunch of people saying that they will come, only to have 2 or 3 turn up.

2. Organise a mini-cruise with your mates to your place of voting. Try and park somewhere prominent to show off your vehicle and try and generate some excitement as you go in to vote. Let people know that you're a proud motoring enthusiast and that your voice is being heard through your vote! Obviously don't do anything stupid like skids, excessive revving of your engine etc, as we're trying to win popularity in amongst a field of negativity from the mainstream media. Show them that we're regular human beings who just happen to be passionate abut our cars and road matters and that we deserve to be treated equally!

Guys I cannot stress this enough. We have been handed this on a platter! Someone else is already taking care of the administrative work and the representation in the senate, so it's up to us to make sure that's not in vain. Join up ($20/year) or donate to AMEP, spread the word, make sure we are heard! I've heard enough whinging about defects, bullshit laws, stupid P plate restrictions and crap roads with ridiculous speed limits. AMEP IS GIVING YOU A VOICE AND THAT VOICE WILL BE HEARD BETTER THE LOUDER IT IS, SO SPREAD THE WORD!

tl;dr: Too bad. Read the text and support the party that is trying to support you. Take what will be a small amount of time out of your life, to help us make a big difference. This doesn't happen without you.

Edited by pyro

Can't agree more with the above - if you guys (and girls) want to see a change in the way you are treated on the roads then you need to VOTE 1 AMEP (they are the second to last box on the far end of your white voting paper - next to Liberals)

Thanks Kim :)

Nathan Green (one of our senate candidates) and I went through a few events today; the Togue Alliance/Evo GSR dyno at Marion, Matsuri at Mallala and AIR (Nathan went on to SMASA also). Police started patrolling AIR not long after we left. This is exactly the reason why we need a party like AMEP representing us. There is nothing wrong or fundamentally evil about our sports or our passion and we shouldn't have to worry if the cost of a day out is going to double due to fines as soon as we leave!

While we were out and about it became painfully obvious just how few people have heard of AMEP. I would estimate at least half of the people we approached had no idea that there was such a party, but everyone was in agreement that the time is long overdue for our voices to be heard.

Again, please tell your friends, your family, like and share AMEP on Facebook or any other social media outlets or forums etc you're on. We need to spread the word as far and wide as we can.

Edited by pyro

Hi Guys,

This is probably getting old and annoying, but we only have a few days left so please bare with me :P

We have a number of groups manning polling booths on both the north and south sides of Adelaide. If you can dedicate a few hours of your time, or you know someone else who would be willing, please send me a pm on here, or give me a call on 0407713051. We are especially after a couple of guys and girls for Noarlunga Downs, where we have a captain there already, just need a few others to filter in and out to give him a break as the day wears on.

Hi Guys,

This is probably getting old and annoying, but we only have a few days left so please bare with me :P

We have a number of groups manning polling booths on both the north and south sides of Adelaide. If you can dedicate a few hours of your time, or you know someone else who would be willing, please send me a pm on here, or give me a call on 0407713051. We are especially after a couple of guys and girls for Noarlunga Downs, where we have a captain there already, just need a few others to filter in and out to give him a break as the day wears on.

Heard someone talking about this on fresh fm today. It's getting out there :)

That would be our primary senate candidate, Mr Nathan Green :)

Edited by pyro

So . Vote 1 above the line for AMEP today .

Another '1' vote from me. Bit disappointed there was no sausage sizzle at the polling booth. I had a few AMEP promo cards so handed them to people handing out how to vote cards for other parties and left them in empty booths :)

AMEP is running for a seat in SA elections but need 200 local members by this Friday. I'm on the phone so it's a pain to post the links, check their FB page.

Locations (with google maps links):

Autobarn Noarlunga: http://goo.gl/maps/sUq2L (it has moved from Beach Rd to Seaman Rd)

Autobarn Mile End: http://goo.gl/maps/IM6Xs

Autobarn Gilles Plains (Holden Hill): http://goo.gl/maps/P15rt

Supercheap Elizabeth: http://goo.gl/maps/VgAuW

I'll be at the Noarlunga Autobarn carpark. Come and say hi :) The full spiel is that nobody knew that the cutoff for state elections was 6 months. That date falls on THIS FRIDAY! (by comparison, the cutoff for federal elections was about 1.5 or 2 months :S ) So we desperately need to make up the numbers for SA. We need 200 paid up members to have signed forms by this Friday, so we've set up locations across Adelaide (see the above links) where people can come and sign up. Membership is annual and is $20. If you've already paid, please come down and sign the form anyway, as we need originals of the signatures for auditing by the electoral council in SA.

Please tell your friends and family. This is the ONLY way we can have a voice in what happens in SA and considering most of the problems in SA are at a state level, we absolutely cannot afford to miss this opportunity!

Edited by pyro

Sorry for sounding negative but how could you not have know when the cut off date was? If you guys were legit im certain you would have had all this info a lot sooner. Good luck getting your signatures and cash by Friday.

Sorry for sounding negative but how could you not have know when the cut off date was? If you guys were legit im certain you would have had all this info a lot sooner. Good luck getting your signatures and cash by Friday.

They've been around for 4 months focussing on a national election. They don't have 100 administrative staff carrying them nor have they been involved in politics before and are the new kids on the block, so aren't going to get an easy time from anybody in the game.

The federal cutoff was something like 1.5 to 2 months, so assumption (the mother of all screwups) bit us....

We're definitely legit, don't worry :) Just a bit short on time :) Everyone associated with the party is working on this whilst still having full time jobs as there's no funding for permanent admin people. Kristian is working on this submittal right now with the AMEP guys in QLD and is making a lot of personal sacrifices with his kids and family to make this happen, as are quite a few other party members.

We absolutely cannot make this happen without you guys though, so please get on board. The state election is the only chance for another four years that we have of fixing anything in SA and if we don't make this 200 member cutoff, we're out of the state race.

I take it you already knew that the regs for registering parties in the SA state elections had changed to cut-off date 6 months before the election? No? Well now you understand why.

As mentioned, everyone was up to their eyeballs getting ready for the federal election, then swamped when Ricky Muir actually won a seat. If we hadn't done some searching this week, we would have missed it all together, and missed a golden opportunity to actually make some decent changes in SA, where we desperately need them.

No idea, but we're giving it a crack. We need to get it out to as many people as possible, so feel free to share it around.

The federal cutoff was something like 1.5 to 2 months, so assumption (the mother of all screwups) bit us....

We're definitely legit, don't worry :) Just a bit short on time :) Everyone associated with the party is working on this whilst still having full time jobs as there's no funding for permanent admin people. Kristian is working on this submittal right now with the AMEP guys in QLD and is making a lot of personal sacrifices with his kids and family to make this happen, as are quite a few other party members.

We absolutely cannot make this happen without you guys though, so please get on board. The state election is the only chance for another four years that we have of fixing anything in SA and if we don't make this 200 member cutoff, we're out of the state race.

Cheers for the good response and not just having a go at my comment.

I wasnt meaning to come of as an asshole, sorry if that was the case. Good luck with seeing this through, i will spread the word.

I take it you already knew that the regs for registering parties in the SA state elections had changed to cut-off date 6 months before the election? No? Well now you understand why.

As mentioned, everyone was up to their eyeballs getting ready for the federal election, then swamped when Ricky Muir actually won a seat. If we hadn't done some searching this week, we would have missed it all together, and missed a golden opportunity to actually make some decent changes in SA, where we desperately need them.

Why would i know that? Im not associated with politics what so ever or how elections are run.

here is a video i found about canada's speed laws.... which are much the same as ours.

If the AMEP make a short video that is much the same proving that we are being used as cash cows for state govt's i think it could help the cause in SA!

It's about 15 minutes long and has some good humour in it. Most of all it makes a good point and backs it up with evidence on how we have been lied to all these years

We're definitely legit, don't worry smile.png Just a bit short on time smile.png Everyone associated with the party is working on this whilst still having full time jobs as there's no funding for permanent admin people. Kristian is working on this submittal right now with the AMEP guys in QLD and is making a lot of personal sacrifices with his kids and family to make this happen, as are quite a few other party members.

Cheers for the good response and not just having a go at my comment.

I wasnt meaning to come of as an asshole, sorry if that was the case. Good luck with seeing this through, i will spread the word.

No worries mate and thanks for spreading the word :) Unfortunately (in this case) none of us are politicians, but assuming we can get our shit together tomorrow (we're still about 40 signups short!!!) we have a chance to change that!

Btw, Kristian (Iron Chef) has been working flat out this week at both his full time job and on AMEP, so he's a little frazzled at the moment :P Please excuse him :P

WE ARE STILL ABOUT 30 TO 40 SIGNUPS DOWN!

Now is the time! If you can print off this form, fill it out and have $20 ready (or fill out the credit card authorisation) and live/work on the southside I WILL PICK THIS UP FROM YOU! I have a shitload of stuff to do tomorrow for the party though, so I NEED TO KNOW ASAP!

This is the ONLY WAY that we can have ANY kind of voice in the issues that affect us in South Australia!

PM me, or message/call me from 7am tomorrow on 0407713051. I need to have these before 11am tomorrow!

Please understand that I won't be able to stop and chat (as much as I'd love to), I'll have to pick up the form, etc and lave immediately. There is a LOT to do tomorrow to register the party for the election!

Edited by pyro