Sign in to follow this  
Iron Chef

AMEP urgently needs your help TONIGHT! It only takes 5 minutes!

Hi guys, the Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party needs our help so that they can register for the SA state elections in March next year.

Most of the really good decision making happens at a state level - with the AMEP now having a Senator at a federal level, it's a great chance to consolidate things with a win in the Legislative Council in SA.

The AMEP needs 200 signed members by the close of business THIS FRIDAY (5pm).

For those of you signing up for the first time, membership is an annual fee of $20 and we will also require that you are already enrolled to vote and have a valid residential address. If you are already a paid member, you do not have to pay your membership fee again, but you will still need to fill the form out.

We will be manning stands across Adelaide 5-9pm TONIGHT (addresses below), tell your mates and together we can make a difference at State level.

Locations (with google maps links):

Autobarn Noarlunga: http://goo.gl/maps/sUq2L

Autobarn Mile End: http://goo.gl/maps/IM6Xs

Autobarn Gilles Plains (Holden Hill): http://goo.gl/maps/P15rt

Supercheap Elizabeth: http://goo.gl/maps/VgAuW

Thanks for your help guys, we really need this to work if we're going to see lasting changes to laws and regs in SA.

https://www.facebook...rtyofSA?fref=ts

The form is attached, if you want to fill it out at home and drop it off, but we need it TODAY smile.png

AMEP Membership Form - SA FINAL.pdf

WE ARE STILL ABOUT 30 TO 40 SIGNUPS DOWN!

Now is the time! If you can print off this form, fill it out and have $20 ready (or fill out the credit card authorisation) and live/work on the southside I WILL PICK THIS UP FROM YOU! I have a shitload of stuff to do tomorrow for the party though, so I NEED TO KNOW ASAP!

This is the ONLY WAY that we can have ANY kind of voice in the issues that affect us in South Australia!

PM me, or message/call me from 7am tomorrow on 0407713051. I need to have these before 11am tomorrow!

Please understand that I won't be able to stop and chat (as much as I'd love to), I'll have to pick up the form, etc and lave immediately. There is a LOT to do tomorrow to register the party for the election!

Edited by pyro

It blows my mind that there are so many people on here and none willing to help with something we have all been bitching about for years and years.

I think there are enough people interested, it's just all come as a last minute surprise that they need their minimum quota in by today... It's gonna be really close I think

I drove half hour each way last night to sign up. I hate not being able to drive my car for fear of getting it defected, to take an hour out of my day to do my bit really isn't much to maybe one day be able to enjoy the car I've put thousands of hours into. I just can't understand why 200 signatures is hard to reach.

Damn it, I was just at Noarlunga , logged on and see this hahahhaa Looks like I'll be going back :D

Already a member but will be heading to 'Lizbef tonight to sign the paperwork and get the missus to sign up.

If OP weren't so busy I'm sure he'd update the post. Those times were for yesterday, it is now likely too late to get signed up. I dropped mine off to Mr Green in the city and if i recall correctly, he said they might just have enough. Either way, regardless of this scramble, there is much more work to be done.

FFS I only flew back in from interstate today and couldn't access the registration form on my phone for the missus.

Iron Chef posted on FB that they had 210 and that they were off to register the party :)

yeah thats awesome! I managed to email my shit in thursday night, glad it counted

Thanks for your support guys :) It was 209 in the end, as there were problems with a couple of guys details (eg, we found out one of them isn't an Australian citizen and therefore cannot vote :P ).

So we got the registration forms over the line :) There were a few times on Friday when we thought we were going to be out of the running, but a few frantic phone calls and some sweet talking from Mr Green and it looks like we scraped in :) Nathan said there were a few disgruntled looking people coming out of ECSA, so I guess we weren't the only people caught out.

Pat yourselves on the back! 200 financial members signed up in a bit over 24hrs! Bring on the state election!!

Wow, I would have signed up with some heads up! Congrats on exceeding the quota of members, hopefully it pans out nicely.