Sign in to follow this  
Spazo

Is the world full?

I was just watching a fat person guzzle food in an online video and it got me wondering about the worlds population snow balling, food supplies, land/space and any other resources that will become scarce until we're all possibly eating each other to survive.

What is NS's thoughts on this? If you were king of Earth what would you do? What rules would you make for the people of earth to prevent it? And what do you think should be done (if anything) about the offending 'over populaters'? Any other clever thoughts or facts welcome. The more sexism, racism, elitism etc the merrier.

Edited by Spazo
  • Downvote 1

No, we established that.

See, you would be executed and eaten under my regime. Ya goose.

• Downvote 1

We need to nuke the asians that would in all seriousness solve all population issues and environmental issues.

Unsure if Spazo is stoned yet again.

But yes, Yes it does seem to be getting tighter

Yes, Nuke the Asians. See how long you can live without Sweet and Sour Pork and Honey Chicken before you all go insane...

I would implement a 3-prong plan.

1. Encourage male homosexuality.

- More girls for me

- Reduces population expansion

- Might make the gay community finally STFU about problems that often don't exist, are self-created, or about which I simply don't f**king care

Now in saying that, it should be noted that I'm not referring to your average latte-sipping fairy-princess; there's no way I could stomach the squeaky voices and conversations about how they shaved their pubic hair in the shape of the Apple logo. Think more along the lines of Spartan warriors taking it up the ass between battles; they seem straight right up until the time they reach for the soap, so you can maintain sporting events and conversations as usual.

2. Disarm India and China, then bar all Visa applications from either country

- Chinese often marry their own kind, so this would net me more eurasian chicks to choose from

- Saves me dealing with f**king useless clients that cannot speak English, or think

- Reduces the odours in my apartment block stairwell

- Makes Toyotas more affordable

- If you take all their weapons and confine them to their land mass, they will eventually come to the conclusion that 2.6 billion people is about 2 billion too many, and will sort themselves out one way or another

3. Get some Princess Leia slave girls happening

As a King, you would have to be a real soft-cock not to do this.

Edited by pmod

2. Disarm India and China, then bar all Visa applications from either country - Chinese often marry their own kind, so their would net you more eurasian chicks - Saves me dealing with f**king useless clients that cannot speak English, or think - Reduces the odours in my apartment block stairwell - Makes Toyotas more affordable - If you take all their weapons and confine them to their land mass, they will eventually come to the conclusion that 2.6 billion people is about 2 billion too many, and will sort themselves out one way or another

Not only would I vote for you, I'd kill your opposition.

Edited by pyro

I think the answer is no... but let me qualify it:

Firstly, from a purely biological perspective we aren't even stressing the planet. More vegetation and biomass live and die without any human ever touching it. Of all the fish in the ocean, 99% of them just die in the water or get eaten by bigger fish.......... all the vegetation of the planet is in a living / procreating / dying ecosystem. How much grass, trees, swampland, forests deal with decomposing fruit and produce that we find valuable? For every banana or apple that is picked, how many thousands of other species fruit just falls off the tree and decomposes on the ground?

So, secondly, if we look at exactly why we are having such trouble it's merely in the inefficiencies of the way human beings utilise the resources around them. In other words, the only reason we are finding it hard to support 6 billion people is not because the planet can't do it - it's cos we are finding it hard. It is a combination of technological limitations, logistical limitations and unfortunatley political limitations that see us where we are.

If we can control biology down to the cellular level, you'd need half of one percent of the earth's output to feed 6 billion people. We currently need to breed 100 tons worth of cattle and feed them 1,300 tons of grass before they can be used for beef. One cell cultured from a belgian blue can be converted into 100 tons of meat and no animal would be harmed in the process and the amino acid bath a tiny smidgeon of the cost of feeding thousands of cows the old fashioned way.

With recent breakthroughs in the past few years of culturing cells and creating new strands of purely organic meat, vegetables etc... the way farming and breeding food may take on a future miles ahead of the old fashioned way of growing crops and rearing heards of cattle. Try large silos of cell culture with literally a thousand fold increase in output efficiency and cost of production literally a tiny fraction of what it once was.

With that you won't have a shortage at 6 billion people. Perhaps with 6 trillion people... but by then I suspect there will be other issues............ like space (not the stuff outside the earth, I mean land space).

Some people should not breed at all

I would enforce a law where u need a license and approval to bring life into this world because clearly some people should not be allowed to breed

I believe it was david suzuki that made the point while I was watch q and a 2 nights ago

Its actually not africa ect that are the issue

It's firat world counties that are the issue as they use far more resorces per capita and put a lot more strain on the planet with this disposable modern lifestyle than say halfa billion ppeople liv I ng in a rural self sustained farm in china ect

Not saying that we should all live in huta but definitely an interesting point

The world is not full of people, it is simply straining under the weight of the typical first world lifestyle.

If you instead asked "is the world reaching its limit of supporting our current lifestyle?" the answer would be "yes".

If people are willing to accept a drop in living standard, we will be fine.

But we all know there will be anarchy if we tried to reduce living conditions in 1st world countries, in which case, our only option is to curb population growth.

Problem is, without population growth, we don't have economic growth. No economic growth means financial meltdown.

In short, we are f**ked either way.

• Downvote 1

The world is not full of people, it is simply straining under the weight of the typical first world lifestyle.

If you instead asked "is the world reaching its limit of supporting our current lifestyle?" the answer would be "yes".

If people are willing to accept a drop in living standard, we will be fine.

But we all know there will be anarchy if we tried to reduce living conditions in 1st world countries, in which case, our only option is to curb population growth.

Problem is, without population growth, we don't have economic growth. No economic growth means financial meltdown.

In short, we are f**ked either way.

This.

Although i am all for sterilizing dropkicks.

Agreed.

Breeding licence seems logical when you consider perfectly normal people are forced to do a working with kids course before getting IVF but any housos drop kick can breed 10 kids and bleed the country dry on benefits...

Agreed.

Breeding licence seems logical when you consider perfectly normal people are forced to do a working with kids course before getting IVF but any housos drop kick can breed 10 kids and bleed the country dry on benefits...

I know a girl that's got 4 kids and she's only 23 years old

All 4 kids are under 6 years old

She's just wasted her life

Never even left Queensland

She's doesn't need to work she gets paid more from the government then I make working and I'm on a pretty high wage as well

Agreed.

She's doesn't need to work she gets paid more from the government then I make working and I'm on a pretty high wage as well

but is she hot?

If i was king i would pump heaps of monies into making floating land, like, imagine heaps of land on barrels (this would be my idea, i would go to engineers to clean it up). Then, as we slowly kill the planet and the water level rises, people could live on the floating land, and there would be more room for trees and desalination plants and whatnot..

patent pending patent pendind

If i was king i would pump heaps of monies into making floating land, like, imagine heaps of land on barrels (this would be my idea, i would go to engineers to clean it up). Then, as we slowly kill the planet and the water level rises, people could live on the floating land, and there would be more room for trees and desalination plants and whatnot..

waterworld-290x400_21905383.jpg

Agreed.

I have now lost faith in our government in that way. I use to think bs that people with kids could live on centerlink

Then some lady put in an application to rent my parents house. Her stats

6 kids all under 10

No partner

No job

Her weekly earnings..... 1600$!

Is that a ducking joke or is that a joke. Then to top I off centerlink pay her bond a Ns first 3 weeks of rent. Absolutely mind bending

Agreed.

but is she hot?

Fat

Gap in front teeth

Ugly

Agreed.

but is she hot?

Fat

Gap in front teeth

Ugly

throw her into a fire

Agreed.

but is she hot?

Fat

Gap in front teeth

Ugly

Cake bitch 5 years later?

Agreed.

but is she hot?

Fat

Gap in front teeth

Ugly

Cake bitch 5 years later?

Yeah the kids do look like me lol

On a serious note if that was true ill kill myself

waterworld-290x400_21905383.jpg

hahahahaha, damn..

If birth control worked the opposite way.... As in you had to take a pill or something to successfully conceive the world would be much better off.

^^^ this! as I stated a few posts earlier... we aren't stressing the planet biologically. We have a fair few toys though that may need some weaning.

If birth control worked the opposite way.... As in you had to take a pill or something to successfully conceive the world would be much better off.

This would be awesome !!

Simple solution is to limit the life span of a person's life. Make them live to 60 and they should all retire at 50 so the younger generation have a chance at life lol.