Sign in to follow this  
Deep-Dish

Electrical trouble after engine swap...

Hello all,

Just recently i have swapped out my CA for a built SR and i have swapped out the oem ecu for an aftermarket computer.

After doing a full wire tuck and cutting out the standard engine bay fuse/relay box i cant seem to get much to work including; instrument cluster (speedo, lights and all), interior/exterior lights and horn. I had an auto elec wire in all my new aftermarket relays from which he said the factory relays would be useless. So i have since cut them out of the system. Perhaps this is the problem? I have looked through the the S13 manual but this has been no help.

The new motor starts and runs fine after a recent tune and run in on the dyno, but i really need to get this problem sorted so that i can run the car in further and get a power tune.

Thanks,

Alex

1017405_10151979600979002_1778838673_n.jpg

Edited by Deep-Dish

Sooo you just chopped out the main fuse and relay box? Like where all the power and fuses are for your lights and where your speedo and reverse light wiring plug in?

Problem sorted as far as the alternator not charging and interior and exterior lights not working. Had one relay that was loose and not making enough contact. Something so simple for what seemed a massive problem. Now just to sort out the tach and dash problem.