Sign in to follow this  
loz

Classifieds Search now only searches Hardtuned.net

Hey Guys,

just made some tweaks to the code to only display hardtuned adverts and filter out more commodore/boost stuff.

Please let me know if it's not working properly!

regards,

loz

• Upvote 3

just checked on mobile. better, but the mobile classifieds has buggy adds and some pages have 2 results, others have 10+...

can you fix the location too? when i post an add you have to put in a postcode. when i put in 3858 it automaticly says on the map that the location is 40 (or so) km away from the town where the parts are located. further away from melbourne (which is already 200km away) potentially turning off potential purchacers

yep will be working on it for the next couple days and will hopefully address these issues.

we're looking at really simplifying the "add item" setup as well

are we ever going to get just forum style classified section again?

all these search fields and listing formats do my head in...

less is more, like the old days.. and people and comment/reply to a topic.

we are contemplating it for the parts possibly, but are first looking into cleaning up what we have for now.

bring back the old nissan silvia days :)

The forum is pretty dead these days, only old timers like myself and bling contribute anything useful lol

bring back the old nissan silvia days :)

The forum is pretty dead these days, only old timers like myself and bling contribute anything useful lol

You guys are awesome. I've learned heaps just from reading this forum alone. It's still 100% awesome, just maybe not as interesting for you guys >_>

Unfortunately the way the more you know, the more basic questions become boring (or even irritating). I get the same feeling on programming forums...it's satisfying to help people out but ultimately I don't want to sift through 100 "how do I learn javascript" threads to find something at my level. IMO they should be in different sections. Given an 'advanced' section you can raise the average level of discussion substantially, which would theoretically attract people with more advanced knowledge

meanwhile the kiddies still get to learn the basics and get help on stuff

Edited by Skepticism

bring back the old nissan silvia days smile.png

:rolleyes:

At the risk of being banned, are you stupid Loz? EVERYONE who used the old classifieds system wants it to return and ditching all the sub forums along the way.

Your site lost what everyone flocked to it for and there is only one way to bring it back, and it's not putting a commodore filter on the current system.

• Upvote 3

I can see how the classifieds could benfit people selling cars, but it really isn't ideal for those trying to shift multiple parts with individual prices. It just makes it a time-consuming head-f**k.