Sign in to follow this  
millerman

BEN SIMPSON MEMORIAL CRUISE 2014

Apparently this will be the last one, too many people complaining about having to donate to get a route map.

fukn joke I donated and got map even though I wasn't planning and didn't go on the cruise

time to call out your mates that complained

Yeah me too.

Something seriously not right with people too stingy to fork out a couple of bucks for a cruise map with the proceeds going to a very worthy cause. You probably throw out that much in bottles a week without batting an eyelid. Stingy *milkshakes*.

Edited by EnFlaMEd
  • Upvote 1

Apparently this will be the last one, too many people complaining about having to donate to get a route map.

who complained?

• Upvote 1

I saw the thing about complaints as well, but couldn't find any actual complaints?

Brent: Were you there mate? I was keeping an eye out for you but didn't see you :(

This wasn't the last one.

The tenth and final Ben Simpson cruise is happening next year

It was a massive turnout, got too see heaps of import that hide in the shed most of the year. Was a bummer about the car crash and 6 cars involved. Most of them are ride offs. Looking forward too the final one next year.

• Downvote 1

Settle down steveP... Anyway good amount of people, cant believe people complained about donating. f**king tight ass *milkshakes*.

Brent: Were you there mate? I was keeping an eye out for you but didn't see you :(

Hey hey mate I had to take the partner out for her birthday celebrations so I couldn't make it as they fall on the same day. Will definitely be at next year's but reaaaally hope to have this neo conversion finished by then lol

Will keep ya posted when i'my finally back on the road again and we'll go for a quieter hang out cruise, all I do is scooter lately ha

Brent: Were you there mate? I was keeping an eye out for you but didn't see you sad.png

Hey hey mate I had to take the partner out for her birthday celebrations so I couldn't make it as they fall on the same day. Will definitely be at next year's but reaaaally hope to have this neo conversion finished by then lol

Will keep ya posted when i'my finally back on the road again and we'll go for a quieter hang out cruise, all I do is scooter lately ha

Pffft, tell your partner to be a bit more considerate next time! :lol:

Sounds good mate :) Will be good to catch up again :)

SORRY for this late response...

OK Guys...can we set the record straight.

1. YES the 2015 cruise will be the 10th anniversary for this epic event

2. The 2014 cruise attracted just over 2000 cars, large majority were JDM

3. The $$ raised became the focus of a few misguided vocal people...this cruise was NEVER about raising $$

4. We loved the cruise & its purpose of raising awareness of youth suicide

5. It saddens us to say because of the BS about $$, we are ending it, next February (2015)

Thanks for your support

"the OLDS" - Jules & Mark

Litter annoys me to no end.

Who are you to consume something and just leave your mark behind with something that will likely last lifetimes, for your shitty meal or drink you'll never think of again.

Absolutely disgusting and whilst not going to happen deserves a jab in the ribs.

Hope all the responsible people had a great night, Ben was a primary school friend of mine and worked the servo down the road that allowed me re connect with him later in our lives.

A great man who would be very proud to know that so many people can come together to support a very real issue that carries a very important message.

We all battle personal demons of sad thoughts or times of struggle, but there will always be someone who can help you get through anything if you just take the first step and tell yourself **it's OK to confide in someone**

Looking forward to future events as this has also been a huge step to bridging what appeared to be an ever growing gap between the police for and car enthusiasts.

Big thanks to Mark and Julie, two of the most lovely people around who we are lucky to have gained so much support from.

Mark has always been very upstanding and vocal about enthusiasts having a genuine passion and needing to work together instead of against.

Massive thanks for your kind words & thoughts...much appreciated

OLD Jules & Mark

3. The $$ raised became the focus of a few misguided vocal people...this cruise was NEVER about raising $$

5. It saddens us to say because of the BS about $$, we are ending it, next February (2015)

Thanks for your support

Very sad to hear next years will be the last one. These cruises mean a lot to the old school ns members and are what this forum is all about . It's a shame that in this day and age people f**king complain about EVERYTHING and Have put you great people off holding any more cruises . Let's do this one right ns dot commers and make it the biggest , best and safest cruise yet . I'm sure a lot of people would agree when I say 'The Olds' have done so much for ns and the import community , and for that we thank you !

• Upvote 2

Thanks for your support

Very sad to hear next years will be the last one. These cruises mean a lot to the old school ns members and are what this forum is all about . It's a shame that in this day and age people f**king complain about EVERYTHING and Have put you great people off holding any more cruises . Let's do this one right ns dot commers and make it the biggest , best and safest cruise yet . I'm sure a lot of people would agree when I say 'The Olds' have done so much for ns and the import community , and for that we thank you !

Completely agree