Sign in to follow this  
sneaky fujita

180sx Air Con issue, blocked drain hole.

Good evening NS,

Do any of you excellent people know where the air conditioning drain hole is on an S13/RPS13?

The air con in my 1997 180sx TypeX is leaking water back into the cabin, soaking the carpet and the drain hole must be the culprit (because I've checked everything else out for leaks,) if I can clear it then problem solved. I've looked along the firewall and I can't distinguish it, can someone please point me to its whereabouts?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Right behind the dump pipe on the firewall. Wouldn't be suprised if yours is melted causing it to be closed up.

near the heater hoses (sort of), a rubber hose that goes nowhere

Edited by fyjosh

near the heater hoses (sort of), a rubber hose that goes nowhere

Can someone get a pic of this hose because I think it could be the one I've being wanting identified for a while now on my car

my A/C drain pipe looks like that also lol. dont think it really matters. i have no leaks inside the car.

last time a car came into the workshop with the same problem as yours. we got a air gun and just blew into the drain pipe. unblocked whatever was in there.

All the things I may need to look forward to, I need to re-gas my A/C and don't think its been worked on for a very long time. Fingers crossed its still in working order

my last 180sx had no AC cos the compressor was faulty. my current 180sx has AC but kinda weak. on extremely hot sunny days i wont even feel cold air unless i hold my hands up close to the vent.