Sign in to follow this  
The New Guy

Noise from left rear suspension.

I have a wierd noise coming from the left rear suspension area. Sound like a muted thud. Thought it was my Tein so I bought new coilover but then the sound is still there.

Thought the suspension arms were shot so bought new arms, installed them and the noise is still there when you drive.

I checkec all nuts and bolts for tightness and they are all good.

I noticed when I jacked up the rear, the left side has a bit of play when I try to shake and twist the wheel. Although the play is very minimal it is there, I test the right side And it's pretty tight no play.

This happened even before I changed the whole rear hub and knuckle over to r33 gtst ones.

Has anyone ever had similar problem to this?

Edited by The New Guy

What condition are your subframe bushes in?

I'm not sure I havent check them yet, but grabbing the wheel from the 9 and 3 o clock possition it seems like the wheel is moving but all nuts are tight as.

interesting.. sounds like one of the control arm bushes is f**ked.

re-do the 3 and 9 test and get someone to hold a finger on the bushes 1 at a time

interesting.. sounds like one of the control arm bushes is f**ked.

re-do the 3 and 9 test and get someone to hold a finger on the bushes 1 at a time

Yeah i'll give this a try.

Ok so I jacked the cat up this morning and the movement from the wheel was coming from a loose nut that connects the 5 stud hub. So Iafter tightning them the movement from the wheel is gone. I also checked the bushing from the lca and they seem ok when I put a massive heavy duty screw driver in there didn't seems to have any noticable movement.

Sooooo.....this leave me with thinking my exhuast might be hitting something. But the car is now getting align so lets see what the aligner say.

What do u fellas think if it's none of those things I've said above.

Ok so I jacked the cat up this morning and the movement from the wheel was coming from a loose nut that connects the 5 stud hub. So Iafter tightning them the movement from the wheel is gone. I also checked the bushing from the lca and they seem ok when I put a massive heavy duty screw driver in there didn't seems to have any noticable movement.

Sooooo.....this leave me with thinking my exhuast might be hitting something. But the car is now getting align so lets see what the aligner say.

I'm not quite sure I'm following you here... So what you're trying to say is that you jacked the cat up this morning and the movement from the wheel was coming from a loose nut that connects the 5 stud hub. So after tightening them the movement from the wheel is gone. You also checked the bushing from the lca and they seem ok when you put a massive heavy duty screw driver in there didn't seem to have any noticeable movement.

So, this leaves you with thinking your exhaust might be hitting something. But the car is now getting align so you're seeing what the aligner say.

And you're asking us what do we think if it's none of those things you've said above.

Is that right? ;)

I'm not quite sure I'm following you here... So what you're trying to say is that you jacked the cat up this morning and the movement from the wheel was coming from a loose nut that connects the 5 stud hub. So after tightening them the movement from the wheel is gone. You also checked the bushing from the lca and they seem ok when you put a massive heavy duty screw driver in there didn't seem to have any noticeable movement.

So, this leaves you with thinking your exhaust might be hitting something. But the car is now getting align so you're seeing what the aligner say.

And you're asking us what do we think if it's none of those things you've said above.

Is that right? wink.png

Yeah I was typing that up on my phone when I was waiting to get the car aligned this morning so it may not make much sense.

I finally found the source of the problem now.