Sign in to follow this  
JDMDaniel

Greddy - Spec LS ON SALE!

So looks like Nengun is having a sale at the moment, and the Greddy Spec LS is down to $347 for the whole kit but before i buy myself a christmas present... Is anyone running these? Reviews? And also anyone know what kind of power these things are rated to? 400 - 450hp would be more than enough and 250kw atw is what i am aiming for.

Link for the kit below:

http://www.nengun.com/greddy/intercooler-kit-spec-ls

Shipped it will be $545 brand new. Could you actually get that cheaper here?

I'm running a Greddy LS cooler, been good haven't had any dramas in over three years

It will be better then any other generic cooler becaus of its racing pedigree....

Honestly after fitting one the fitment and all the extra brackets it comes with makes it worth it compared to china

for 600 it looks like a desent bit of gear,

you'd be lucky to get somthing made local with a generic cooler for that price.

The Blitz kit is better again but it will run you in to around 700 from Just Jap, should be better priced through Streeter aswell but i needed one in the country already for asap delivery.

I got mine through jdm obsession For roughly $550-$600 from memory.

Decent bit of gear all brackets line up nicely and very easy to install.

Lol you just said it yourself mate, you get what you pay for, then you wonder how bad can they be? It's roughly half the price of the greddy one so it would be half as good. What's a couple hundred extra dollars for good gear seriously

How had can they be? Lol pretty fking bad. If you can't cut and shut re weld pipes etc you could be stuck with a horrible fitting kit.

youll be cursing when you have to buy your second and third set of piping cos it don't fit properly

Waste of money the cheap kits, unless you dont care about having to trim everything around your front bar etc cause the pipes just are right..

Good for a thrasher drift car when everythings just ziptied and floating around, but if its a nice street car then a proper Japanese kit will fit up perfect and no modifications needed.

So is that from experience you have had with cheap cooler kits?

btw its $600 on Ebay for the LS cooler and $570 on the Nengun site.

and of course Ebay will deliver quicker.

I messaged the guy selling the LS on Ebay for $600 and he said I'll need to cut a bigger hole to fit this cooler, so its not bolt on anyway.

*facepalm*

The kits are Bolt-On. Just because you have to cut a hole in the battery tray (Which you have to do with EVERY kit unless its return flow), Doesn't mean its not bolt on -_-

I found with the cheaper kits, They definently don't fit up well enough, And take a lot longer to install. And also had problems down the track with the pipes.

I messaged the guy selling the LS on Ebay for $600 and he said I'll need to cut a bigger hole to fit this cooler, so its not bolt on anyway.

facepalm-card.jpg

you know the people at the track that limp back off the track at 15km/h with black smoke pouring out the exhaust?

they bought the ebay kits

• Upvote 1

facepalm-card.jpg

you know the people at the track that limp back off the track at 15km/h with black smoke pouring out the exhaust?

they bought the ebay kits

These two comments are by far the best in this thread. Get in and around it.

yeah so you have to cut a hole, doesn't that make the car defective?

sorry for the ill knowledge but isnt this the best place to ask questions?

I'd much rather look like a fool than jump straight into buying a Ebay kit (whick was my original plan) before asking here. so thanks :)

no need to crucify me for not knowing :S

Edited by Danny180sx

It's pretty simple bro. The greddy kit comes with an instruction (in Japanese) but it shows you exactly where to cut the hole. Then all you'll have to do is trim your front bar a little.

Almost all kits require a hole to be cut. GKTech no longer make the no-holes kit, ARC might be the only kit that does ortherwise you'll need to go custom made.